GDT: Free Agent Frenzy Today at Noon EST

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who is most likely moved July 13?

• Horny

Votes: 32 49.2%
  • Duclair

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Bobrovsky

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • No one

Votes: 28 43.1%

• Total voters

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
i think losing Marchment is huge but I like the pieces we added for cheap. It feels like we’re going to be a lot more experienced and focused on all around team defense next year which I like.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Speaking of March. Dallas better hope he stays healthy and didn't benefit too much from Reinhart

Marchment gonna net at least ~4.5 of that $6 million in the first year of that deal for one really good year? Atta boy!

Anyone know a website that calculates the 5 million in salary and 1 mil signing bonus money in tax friendly Texas?

zeroG

Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
Marchment gonna net at least ~4.5 of that $6 million in the first year of that deal for one really good year? Atta boy!

Anyone know a website that calculates the 5 million in salary and 1 mil signing bonus money in tax friendly Texas?

interesting structure. he could totally crater production-wise and still not be an albatross in yrs 3-4.

guess we should be happy to have arrived at that cap/contender status where you're forced to shed guys who have that potential.

Reactions: IceKitties and KW

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreChamps
Jul 13, 2013
They seriously can’t put Lundell with 2 offensive black holes.

His development is way too important
Verhaeghe-Barkov-Reinhart
Huberdeau-Bennett-White
Balcers-Lundell-Horny
Lomberg-Luo-Cousins

extra- one of Eric Staal at 750k, Dalpe, Hepo, or Bunnaman

Weegar-Ekblad
Forsling-Gudas
Carlsson-Montour

extra- Marc Staal

Bob
Knight

You can make that lineup how you'd like using the above skaters but I don't see how Lundell gets 2 scorers with him. Panthers don't even have enough cap space to bring up Denisenko or Levtchi. The above roster is 80k under the cap lol.

Last edited:

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Huberdeau-Bennett-White
Balcers-Lundell-Horny
Lomberg-Luo-Cousins

Weegar-Ekblad
Forsling-Gudas
Carlsson-Montour

extra- Marc Staal

Bob
Knight

You can make that lineup how you'd like using the above skaters but I don't see how Lundell gets 2 scorers with him. Panthers don't even have enough cap space to bring up Denisenko or Levtchi. The above roster is 80k under the cap lol.

Unless we move Bennett to wing and do

Huberdeau Lundell Bennett

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
We seriously cant be thinking Colin White in our top 6

Well, apparently Zito is thinking that. I really don't see him serving any particular purpose on this team.

"We just sort of looked at a player that had a certain skillset," Zito said. "Whitey is the kind of guy that can play wing and play center. It gives us utility across the board in the lineup. Yeah, come on in, play hockey, work hard and hopefully it's a good fit."

So he's center/winger who works hard and *crosses fingers* is a good fit.
Should be a healthy scratch for most of the season if not traded away at halfway into the season.

Reactions: Dutch Panther

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Well, apparently Zito is thinking that. I really don't see him serving any particular purpose on this team.

"We just sort of looked at a player that had a certain skillset," Zito said. "Whitey is the kind of guy that can play wing and play center. It gives us utility across the board in the lineup. Yeah, come on in, play hockey, work hard and hopefully it's a good fit."

So he's center/winger who works hard and *crosses fingers* is a good fit.
Should be a healthy scratch for most of the season if not traded away at halfway into the season.
Lol.
Did you realize White was drafted 21st overall and scored 41 points as a rookie in just 71 games? Then injuries started to hit him hard but if healthy, he'll be a great addition. Also, his value goes way beyond points as he's excellent against the puck and started to play with an edge lately.

Reactions: BabyBennettov

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Lol.
Did you realize White was drafted 21st overall and scored 41 points as a rookie in just 71 games? Then injuries started to hit him hard but if healthy, he'll be a great addition. Also, his value goes way beyond points as he's excellent against the puck and started to play with an edge lately.

*yawn*

PBPantherfan

Feb 7, 2010
Lake Worth, FL
Huberdeau-Bennett-White
Balcers-Lundell-Horny
Lomberg-Luo-Cousins

Weegar-Ekblad
Forsling-Gudas
Carlsson-Montour

extra- Marc Staal

Bob
Knight

Who says Lundell doesn‘t take Bennett‘s 2nd line center spot next year? We are all hoping learned a lot this year and comes back better right?

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
You can't field a cap compliant team with either of these guys unfortunately, that's how tight it is.*

*short of not carrying a 13th forward or 7th dman which I doubt Florida wants to do.

What's the problem with not carrying an extra body? teams do it nowadays, it's tight, maybe you play a couple games down a person, but that's rare. If we're supposedly a shoe-in for the playoffs anyways, no big deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad