GDT: Free agent frenzy pt 2 - you gotta be quicker than that

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Drivebytrucker

Jan 8, 2011
Can anybody explain to me why we would want any part of Puljujarvi again? I just don't get it.

Does this not seem like a player that Rod freakin' Brind'Amour would take about 20 seconds evaluating before he was like "Get this guy the **** outta here"

You could say the same thing about Phil Kessel but some people were still talking it up like we needed his help on the power play :)

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
You could say the same thing about Phil Kessel but some people were still talking it up like we needed his help on the power play :)

"some people" = me

I'm not ignorant to Kessel's downside. However, he is basically a guaranteed 25-30 goals and 70ish points. I can overlook his warts - particularly if I'm trading another player with his own warts (ie Hamilton) for him.

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
According Williams
Ferland still on the table.

There was a time this past winter when no one would have predicted that.

And really,. how much of FA's are Thornton and Williams, and Marleau? Neither will play anywhere else besides SJ/CAR
Williams talking with Hurricanes; Carolina optimistic captain will return

"We built a house and I'd prefer not to move my kids again," Williams said. "But, listen, anything can happen. I've known that in this world, certainly the hockey world. You don't really make plans. You just live it."

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
According Williams

Williams talking with Hurricanes; Carolina optimistic captain will return

"We built a house and I'd prefer not to move my kids again," Williams said. "But, listen, anything can happen. I've known that in this world, certainly the hockey world. You don't really make plans. You just live it."
Just furthers my belief that he's going to be a Cane for a long time. If not on the roster, then on the coaching staff. I have long believed that Brindy already has him tabbed for a position on the staff after he hangs it up. Almost like we brought him back specifically to groom him for it.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Isles Marner offer sheet incoming??

Some small-time rumor mongers on Twitter say the $12.5 million AAV offer has been made.

I have no idea how NYI could afford that with all their current contract. Plus Barzal's ELC ends next year.

More:

Last edited:
Reactions: Unsustainable

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017

Some small-time rumor mongers on Twitter say the $12.5 million AAV offer has been made.

I have no idea how NYI could afford that with all their current contract. Plus Barzal's ELC ends next year.

Oh if anyone would do it for the laughs its definitely NYI. That would be a giant FU to everyone who piled on them about Tavares

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
man, all the playful ribbing at Habs fans would wash away like tears in rain if that happened. hfboard meltdown that would never end.
If it happens, the offseason would go from 0-1,000 in an instant, and I would love every second of it

giphy.gif

I mean, its a move that would potentially weaken both teams in the immediate future. But the compensation going back to Tor could potentially push them to a Cup given how it would help a cap squeezed team. Especially if NYI goes into the tank.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
NYI signing Marner to an offer sheet would be awesome on two levels and garbage on another.

1st awesome- NYI would be 4 million over and in cap hell for a while. I doubt anyone is taking on Ladd. They would have to give up a good player for futures. Also, they have to do that from a position of weakness.

2nd awesome- Toronto would be in cap hell as well. By about 4 million. Same situation and they have moved most of their bad situations out already.

1 garbage- no more superstars in the Metro, please.

Last edited:

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Toronto losing Marner and receiving four 1sts would be a huge value bonus for Toronto's 1st round pick which the Canes own. Even matching a big OS would require Toronto to trade pieces. I welcome that chaos.

People on Twitter saying if Marner gets $12+ million then Aho should fire his agent. Yes please to that as well.

Primetime8

Oct 10, 2014
Columbia, SC
On one hand I really want to see Marner sign the offersheet with the Isles because it would be amazing to see all the chaos that follows.

On the other hand the Metro is already stacked as it is and adding Marner is another obstacle to making the playoffs

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
People on Twitter saying if Marner gets $12+ million then Aho should fire his agent. Yes please to that as well.

Oh, I definitely wouldn't openly laugh at Bergevin for such a mediocre offer sheet if Marner gets that. Noooo sir, that certainly wouldn't be an open flame worth dumping a canister of gasoline onto. :sarcasm:

Reactions: Unsustainable

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad