GDT: Free agent frenzy pt 2 - you gotta be quicker than that

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Justshootmore

Mar 13, 2018
I want to know where you do your banking.

Well I didn't say I get a return like that but I also don't earn 21million in the next 12 months.

Also it's safe to assume that Aho doesn't keep the money on his checking account. I assumed a return of investment of 5% for the rough calculations that I did, which is actually low to the average return of 10% on stock of S&P500 companies.

As said before, the 2 million that he gains (over 5 years) on this front loaded contract full of SB compared to an evenly distributed contract if he invests wisely.

mhart1

Maniac Caniac
Oct 8, 2013
Pori
He'll play for anybody with money. What Aho.
amiCtHD.gif

Cane mutiny

Ahoy_Aho
Sep 5, 2006

Montreal's backup plan gone. Not looking like other RFAs interested in signing an offer sheet.

That was they're first plan according to Pagnotta in his Fourth Period article. Bergevin tried to get Point first, and he said he was not interested on leaving TB. Then he OS for Aho, who signed his offer. He mention Laine as a possible next step for them, as his talks with Win are not going well.

Reactions: Unsustainable

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
That was they're first plan according to Pagnotta in his Fourth Period article. Bergevin tried to get Point first, and he said he was not interested on leaving TB. Then he OS for Aho, who signed his offer. He mention Laine as a possible next step for them, as his talks with Win are not going well.

I posted a Laine trade on CapFriendly, and it seems to be relatively well-received. Considering how he'd be the best possible fit for our team, I think that he's well-worth two firsts and a short-term hit to our D depth. Seriously, can you imagine the damage that Aho and Laine could do together?

Laine Trade - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
I posted a Laine trade on CapFriendly, and it seems to be relatively well-received. Considering how he'd be the best possible fit for our team, I think that he's well-worth two firsts and a short-term hit to our D depth. Seriously, can you imagine the damage that Aho and Laine could do together?

Your trade listed on capfriendly:
Hamilton + Bean + Geekie + TOR 2020 1st + CAR 2020 1st + NYR 2020 2nd/3rd
for
Laine

That isn't a short-term hit to the D depth. That would be gutting the D depth, trading two 1sts, and Geekie (who I consider to be the best Canes prospect as a fit for Rod's system). I like the idea of adding Laine but I wouldn't make that move. Take out Hamilton and I'd still be wary.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
Your trade listed on capfriendly:
Hamilton + Bean + Geekie + TOR 2020 1st + CAR 2020 1st + NYR 2020 2nd/3rd
for
Laine

That isn't a short-term hit to the D depth. That would be gutting the D depth, trading two 1sts, and Geekie (who I consider to be the best Canes prospect as a fit for Rod's system). I like the idea of adding Laine but I wouldn't make that move. Take out Hamilton and I'd still be wary.

I think it's a short-term hit this season for long-term gain in seasons after. Hear me out on this: Reimer's contract is relatively tradeable after this season (if he plays well). Marleau's buyout comes off the books, as well. With an extended Faulk, Necas moving into the 3C spot after Haula leaves, and no major RFAs besides Foegele, Canes have plenty of salary depth to add to the defense the season after via cap dump trades, even if the cap doesn't increase too much.

Reactions: Unsustainable

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017

we traded a whole bunch to get 20 goals. Why not trade a lot less to get Kreider or sign Dzingel for nothing?

Hard no from me. Those two firsts are worth a ton and then on top of that you throw in our only 2 scoring defenders.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis has Big Kahunas
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
Could we fit Gusev and Williams? Means Necas another year in Charlotte, which is fine to work on centering.

Svechnikov - Aho - TT
Nino - Haula - Gusev
Martinook - Staal - Williams
Manilanineanen - Wallmark - McGinn
Foegele

Reactions: SaskCanesFan

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Can anybody explain to me why we would want any part of Puljujarvi again? I just don't get it.

Does this not seem like a player that Rod freakin' Brind'Amour would take about 20 seconds evaluating before he was like "Get this guy the **** outta here"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad