Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Thankfully it is a shop.

Noah Dobson instead of Cody Ceci.

I still take Sandman over a few names in that bottom 10 but I can at least understand the logic behind the picks. I’m hoping this is the year Sanderson establishes himself as one of the best Dmen in the league.

The Ceci one was obvious. The whole list is somewhat suspect, IMO.

Man, Gustav Forsling is a really good player but I would not have him as the 6th best D in the league.

Dan Patrick

Mar 11, 2020
The Ceci one was obvious. The whole list is somewhat suspect, IMO.

Man, Gustav Forsling is a really good player but I would not have him as the 6th best D in the league.

It’s recency bias. He had a good playoffs there’s no doubt and he’s played as a top defencemen on the best team in the league last year. I’m not going to grumble too much about position unless it was really egregious and he was listed in the top 3-4.

The thing with these lists that bugs me is that it’s so unclear what they are actually ranking. Is this defencemen they expect to be the top 20 over the next year, the best D from the last year, the best career D still active in the league. Depending on the answer makes the list way more or way less bad.

Reactions: Alf Silfversson

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
With the Sens signing Nick Cousins I think it is pretty unlikely that they sign any current NHL forwards to a PTO. Maybe they do that for defense though.

I think there is an outside chance that the Sens offer some PTOs to some players that might earn 2 way contracts. Some of the currently unsigned players that seem to fit the Sens identity include Nick Ritchie, Brett Ritchie, Anthony Camara, Scott Kosmachuk and Luke Witkowski.

But like others on here have mentioned, these players could make more money playing in one of the non North American leagues than they will if they earned a 2 way contract.

The primary focus for the Sens, on the PTO front, is likely to shore up their depth on d. Those PTO options include: Jani Hakanpaa, John Klingberg, Anthony DeAngelo, Jared Tinordi, Marc Staal, Kevin Shattenkirk, Robert Bortuzzo, Justin Schultz, Tyson Barrie and Marco Scandella.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
With the Sens signing Nick Cousins I think it is pretty unlikely that they sign any current NHL forwards to a PTO. Maybe they do that for defense though.

I think there is an outside chance that the Sens offer some PTOs to some players that might earn 2 way contracts. Some of the currently unsigned players that seem to fit the Sens identity include Nick Ritchie, Brett Ritchie, Anthony Camara, Scott Kosmachuk and Luke Witkowski.

But like others on here have mentioned, these players could make more money playing in one of the non North American leagues than they will if they earned a 2 way contract.

The primary focus for the Sens, on the PTO front, is likely to shore up their depth on d. Those PTO options include: Jani Hakanpaa, John Klingberg, Anthony DeAngelo, Jared Tinordi, Marc Staal, Kevin Shattenkirk, Robert Bortuzzo, Justin Schultz, Tyson Barrie and Marco Scandella.
I think Hakanpaa is leafs or bust
Klingberg looks done
Deangelo...yeah no besides the nonsense that surrounds him we need to shore up the playing defense/team defense aspect
Tinordi honestly shocked he is still in the league
Staal see Klingberg

The remaining 5 you listed i wouldnt mind but i would have a huge preference for Bortuzzo and Scandella for the sake of shoring up the team defense aspect

Reactions: DrEasy

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
Cousins might be the biggest shithead in the league, it will definitely be entertaining watching him piss off the other team. It also allows Greig and Tkachuk to not have to be the pest when we need one.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
I think Hakanpaa is leafs or bust
Klingberg looks done
Deangelo...yeah no besides the nonsense that surrounds him we need to shore up the playing defense/team defense aspect
Tinordi honestly shocked he is still in the league
Staal see Klingberg

The remaining 5 you listed i wouldnt mind but i would have a huge preference for Bortuzzo and Scandella for the sake of shoring up the team defense aspect
Yeah I think Bortuzzo and Scandella are the best options. I just wanted to include all the UFAs available so people on here would know what the options are.

Reactions: TheNewEra

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad