Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Surprised we didn’t end up with Ceci plus a 1st or 2nd from Edmonton after all the talk in here. ;)

Last edited:

Oscar The Grouch

Oct 16, 2021
1000029546.jpg

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Camara was barely passable in the AHL 10 years ago in St. John's, I don't think it's possible he is at 31

And no clue why he'd head back to NA regardless, he'll make much more money than the 80k he'd make in the AHL/ECHL staying in the KHL or whatever league he will end upn in

Don't think any team would waste a PTO on him

Last edited:

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Are you related to him? He’s a fringe AHLer.
No.

He had similar production to Josh Currie in the KHL and the Sens signed him. I figured that Camara could likely produce similar numbers at the AHL level.

But I am not sure how to properly compare KHL point production to NHL and AHL levels. Sometimes players produce similar numbers at the NHL level as they did in the KHL when they come over. Others can't seem to produce at all. Sometimes KHL production is pretty closely comparable to AHL production.

I assumed, looking at Camara's KHL production, that he could likely be a productive AHL player and potentially play a temporary role in the NHL.

How would you compare KHL point production to the NHL and AHL? What kind of performance would you need to see at the KHL level to believe that a player could potentially carve out an NHL role, or at least an AHL role?

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Some potential PTO options for the Sens:

Cal Clutterbuck, Kyle Okoposo, Nick Cousins, Milan Lucic, Nick Ritchie, Brett Ritchie, Anthony Camara, Luke Witkowski, Robert Bortuzzo

This is the one.

Strike through the one I’d actively avoid.

ijif

Dec 20, 2018
No.

He had similar production to Josh Currie in the KHL and the Sens signed him. I figured that Camara could likely produce similar numbers at the AHL level.

But I am not sure how to properly compare KHL point production to NHL and AHL levels. Sometimes players produce similar numbers at the NHL level as they did in the KHL when they come over. Others can't seem to produce at all. Sometimes KHL production is pretty closely comparable to AHL production.

I assumed, looking at Camara's KHL production, that he could likely be a productive AHL player and potentially play a temporary role in the NHL.

How would you compare KHL point production to the NHL and AHL? What kind of performance would you need to see at the KHL level to believe that a player could potentially carve out an NHL role, or at least an AHL role?
This link might be of use or interest (https://cj-turtoro.shinyapps.io/NNHLe-writeup/?ref=theicegarden.com)

The link is a few years old, so things may have changed, but I still think it is interesting. The link shows NHLe estimates over 1000 simulations, so for KHL and AHL, it has the estimate as (80% confidence interval):

KHL | AHL

10th percentile: 0.467 | 0.399
Mean: 0.617 | 0.412
90th percentile: 0.786 | 0.426

Reactions: RAFI BOMB

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
What teams might have to drop a defenseman for cap reasons after signing their outstanding RFAs?

Unless Seattle has a player on LTIR that I am unaware of, they are 1.5M above the cap with a non-finalized 23 player roster, per Cap Wages. This means that they likely can only run with 21 players, which is doable but difficult.

Considering how strong their top 4 is, I wonder if they would trade Will Borgen. Borgen (2.7M) for JBD (800k) as a base, with us obviously adding picks or prospects.

That frees up 1.9M and gets them under the cap with 23 players.

This only works for us if Hamonic is going to MacArthur Cove. Hamonic (1.1M LTIR), JBD (800k), and our current cap space (approx. 300k) puts us only 500k over the cap with Borgen and a 23 player roster.

Borgen is a UFA next year, so if Seattle cannot fit him in or if he is not in their long-term plans, it makes sense to move him for future assets.

OTTAWA ACQUIRES
-Will Borgen (2.7M)
-Hamonic LTIRetires (1.1M)

SEATTLE ACQUIRES
-JBD (800k)
-Picks and/or Prospects

• Wow
Reactions: bert and Bileur

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
What teams might have to drop a defenseman for cap reasons after signing their outstanding RFAs?

Unless Seattle has a player on LTIR that I am unaware of, they are 1.5M above the cap with a non-finalized 23 player roster, per Cap Wages. This means that they likely can only run with 21 players, which is doable but difficult.

Considering how strong their top 4 is, I wonder if they would trade Will Borgen. Borgen (2.7M) for JBD (800k) as a base, with us obviously adding picks or prospects.

That frees up 1.9M and gets them under the cap with 23 players.

This only works for us if Hamonic is going to MacArthur Cove. Hamonic (1.1M LTIR), JBD (800k), and our current cap space (approx. 300k) puts us only 500k over the cap with Borgen and a 23 player roster.

Borgen is a UFA next year, so if Seattle cannot fit him in or if he is not in their long-term plans, it makes sense to move him for future assets.

OTTAWA ACQUIRES
-Will Borgen (2.7M)
-Hamonic LTIRetires (1.1M)

SEATTLE ACQUIRES
-JBD (800k)
-Picks and/or Prospects
Will Borgen? Where do they get the cap space? That leaves them no room for player movement. They cant trade Hamonic unless he is ok with it why would he do that and why would he retire? He wants to play and you want the sens to add a pick and this puts them over the cap. You wanted Ceci before too, whats with you and wanting overpaid 5th d men?

Last edited:

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
Will Borgen? Terrible cap management by Ottawa. They cant trade Hamonic unless he is ok with it why would he do that. He wants to play and you want the sens to add a pick. You wanted Ceci before too, whats with you and wanting overpaid 3rd pairing d men.
I am bargain bin shopping.

I obviously want "good" players, but people don't just trade good players. I am looking for short-term plug-and-play roster players that can add depth to the bottom pair and have a realistic reason to be available. Players who are on expiring contracts and can be moved on from at the end of the season.

I listed the trade poorly, Hamonic was meant to be a secondary move (Ottawa places him on LTIR), not Hamonic to Seattle.

I am not saying you're wrong, but I think there is a misunderstanding about the context of the suggestion.

Reactions: bicboi64 and bert

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I am bargain bin shopping.

I obviously want "good" players, but people don't just trade good players. I am looking for short-term plug-and-play roster players that can add depth to the bottom pair and have a realistic reason to be available. Players who are on expiring contracts and can be moved on from at the end of the season.

I listed the trade poorly, Hamonic was meant to be a secondary move (Ottawa places him on LTIR), not Hamonic to Seattle.

I am not saying you're wrong, but I think there is a misunderstanding about the context of the suggestion.
I actually dont mind it as much i'll be honest i havent done a deep dive on the player. He actually might be a good fit I just dont see how they make it work with the cap

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Annoying that people keep bringing this guy up. We need to stop living in the past.

If Norris is really bad this season, would you guys flip him for Pageau just to get out of his contract?
would depend on a couple of things

1. if he is bad because of injury and is actually injured then we can ltir him
2. how much the cap goes up (if it does) because that would make it more manageable
3. goes with two some what, how bad is really bad; like last year he was on pace for 50 pts which wasnt great at all but it wasnt really bad either imo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad