Prospect Info: Lane Hutson Part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Grate n Colorful Oz

Here for Hutson's monster thighs
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Nobody's out to get you. It just seems that his overhype triggers you. It seems that way, but it could be that it doesn't and I'm misinterpreting. It's fine either way. Bringing up points about his physical limitations and skating is good discussion, as they're legitimate points.

No, you're not misinterpreting. He was literally triggered by people suggesting Lane had grown an inch or two, and calling them similar to antivaxers, even though there are studies showing half of kids grow at least one inch on average after 18yold.

Then it was the backskating. More triggered words thrown out by our resident triggerman.

Then it was Lane's 'monster' thighs being photoshopped, triggerland extraordinaire.

This week it's walls of text galore because Tyson simply said he's a top 5 talent in his draft.

Yeeeah... triggered.

I might have skipped a few episodes as I was on hiatus.

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
No, you're not misinterpreting. He was literally triggered by people suggesting Lane had grown an inch or two, and calling them similar to antivaxers, even though there are studies showing half of kids grow at least one inch on average after 18yold.

Then it was the backskating. More triggered words thrown out by our resident triggerman.

Then it was Lane's 'monster' thighs being photoshopped, triggerland extraordinaire.

This week it's walls of text galore because Tyson simply said he's a top 5 talent in his draft.

Yeeeah... triggered.

I might have skipped a few episodes as I was on hiatus.
Always feel vindicated when I look at a thread of everyone replying to no-one on my end lol

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
To say that Slaf doesn't look particularly special aside from his size is an asinine assertion and entirely discredits the rest of your post.

Do you think that a single GM would need to think more than a split second about who they would rather have between Slaf and Hutson? It would be 32 - 0 in Slaf's favour anf that is not a knock on Lane but Slaf is a much more important piece to any team.
It very well could be 32 - 0 if you were to ask today. And I think most people here (myself included) would see Slaf as having more upside. But that doesn't mean that's how it's going to play out. Hutson has already demonstrated the ability to dominate over his peers at a level that isn't often seen. He's an intriguing player and could well outperform Slaf. It's not insane for anyone to believe this. I think he's got legit superstar potential.

It's one thing to say Slaf has more upside and is likely to outperform Hutson. It's a whole other thing to say he'll do it with the certainty you've given in your posts. 2nd rounder or not, size difference or not... Hutson has genuine star potential. He could well turn out to be our best player. Time will tell.

Btw, I have zero problem with somebody being skeptical about a player. That's all well and good. I just think you go overboard in how you paint this sometimes.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Seriously guys, Habs don't draft a electric forward like Michkov in 2023, but they have such a electric guy with Lane Hutson. I'm soo happy to have him with my favorite team. He is going to be such a creative offensive D-man for sure. He is going to put 55a++ and put goals aswell. He have great snipe.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
From 32 thoughts.

Friedman - I was talking about Michkov and the calder and I got a text from a Habs player that just said Hutson will make a run for it.

Friedman thinks Hutson will have a harder curve as he will be more of a focus.

He added that the Habs players really think highly of Hutson

You can fast forward to the 9:30ish mark to start to hear Friedman and Bukaskas or whatever talk about him

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
From 32 thoughts.

Friedman - I was talking about Michkov and the calder and I got a text from a Habs player that just said Hutson will make a run for it.

Friedman thinks Hutson will have a harder curve as he will be more of a focus.

He added that the Habs players really think highly of Hutson

You can fast forward to the 9:30ish mark to start to hear Friedman and Bukaskas or whatever talk about him

I'm not sure how Hutson will be more of a focus than Michkov considering Philly has like one other forward who can score?

shamrun

Jun 5, 2008
vancouver
I didn't notice him at all this weekend
that-aint-no-problem-shannon-sharpe.gif

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
I'm not sure how Hutson will be more of a focus than Michkov considering Philly has like one other forward who can score?
Because there’s some 30K fans in the Philly area (20K of whom who attend home games) - Flyers are a distraction between NFL, NBA and MLB seasons

Media attention is completely opposite of Mtl as well - Michkov will have nowhere near the glare / focus as Hutson on every shift & game etc

Trabdy2

Nov 30, 2018
I really liked what I saw from Hutson on the weekend. Definitely looks like a high ceiling player and he appears to be NHL ready to me. He has the ability to routinely create something out of nothing with his vision, agility, and stickhandling. His skating and mobility should be fine at the NHL level.

As with all young defencemen, he'll make mistakes this season and may get scratched from time to time though if he's up with the big club.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad