Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Relapsing

Jul 3, 2018
1719681487548.png

ottawagm

May 6, 2023
Steve may be over estimating how easy it will be to attract UFA on Monday.

Steady Steve may be left with nothing at this rate.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Tampa clears a bunch of cap trading Sergachev + Jeannot, adds Moser, Geekie and two 2nds, and may sign Guentzel with the resulting cap space

Reactions: Icelevel

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Steve may be over estimating how easy it will be to attract UFA on Monday.

Steady Steve may be left with nothing at this rate.

I'm expecting 2-3 veteran forwards to round out the bottom 6.

Chychrun and Joseph traded it seems.

RD acquired via trade.

Reactions: aragorn

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Damn nice trade for Vegas picking up Holtz and Schmid for Cotter and a 2025 3rd

Makes up for trading away Thompson for so little

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
It's crazy to me if Carolina doesn't want to offer Guentzel 9 million a year. I get playing it safe but you have to take at least a little risk to build a Cup winning team.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
I don't get this trade from NJD perspective,

Cotter will outperform his 775k contract each of the next two seasons pretty handily.

But there's not a ton of upside wiht the deal frankly. Gave up a potential starter and a longshot top 6 guy for peanuts.

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
Since New Jersey got Markstrom, the timeline for Schmid doesn't line up. He was arbitration eligible, so they couldn't just lowball him. They already have two goalies, and as we saw with the Ullmark and Thompson trade, the goalie market has not been strong. Calgary got the best return for Markstrom, and then it seems like the market collapsed.

I assume that no one is knocking down their door to give up major assets for Holtz, and Cotter gives them someone who they probably feel will be a better fit and cheaper.

I assume Holtz is probably worth a late 2nd round pick. Usually, these former high drafted prospects who don't stick a few years after the draft don't go for much. It seems like a good trade for both sides. Vegas can sign Schmid to a mid-term deal and have a possible backup plan if they cannot sign Hill to an amount they like. Thompson likely wanted 4M-5M on an extension. Schmid will be much cheaper.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Two teams reportedly interested in Chychrun both dealt their 2025 2nds today.

LA added Jeannot and Florida moved their 2025 2nd for a 2024 2nd to take Linus Eriksson.

Not sure what they would be offering for Chychrun now.

Chicago was also talked about as a team interested. It's come out that they offered their 2025 1st to Columbus for the 4th OVR pick in an attempt to speed-run their rebuild.

Had Columbus taken them up on that offer maybe they would have traded for Chychrun to try to make the playoffs next season, but that didn't happen. Not sure if they are still interested in him now.

Don't see a lot of good fits for him around the league. Unfortunate.

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison

I like Kelly, but this really doesn't matter much. We're talking about a replaceable 4th liner. Maybe it's a positive to cycle as many guys out as possible in order to give the room a different look, since moving legit core guys likely won't be an option, and even the secondary guys we are shopping like Joseph might not be able to be moved.

Hell, at this point I almost expect us to start the season with Chychrun...

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
He paid large for Sergachev. Really big. He didn't steal him or anything, he just PAID TB huge.

Marino...he stole.
What exactly did he give up for sergahcev lol.

Marino is basically Demelo. Unless we’re sure that we’re getting Tanev, we missed big time here. I guess we’ll spend another year trying to find Chabot a partner.
Maybe we think we have a shot at pesce or Roy. Roy is def not coming

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison

LA added Jeannot and Florida moved their 2025 2nd for a 2024 2nd to take Linus Eriksson.

Chicago was also talked about as a team interested. It's come out that they offered their 2025 1st to Columbus for the 4th OVR pick in an attempt to speed-run their rebuild.

Had Columbus taken them up on that offer maybe they would have traded for Chychrun to try to make the playoffs next season, but that didn't happen. Not sure if they are still interested in him now.

I still think we're going to end up resorting to something like Chychrun and Joseph for Ekblad and a cheap bottom 6 forward. It just makes too much sense if we fail to get a RHD and the market for Chychrun doesn't materialize. It is going to be difficult for us to go into the season with Chychrun on the roster after he has been shopped for so long. It would be a distraction. I don't think there would be a big market for Ekblad because of his injuries, drop in play, and cap hit.

It's possible that he wouldn't waive his NTC if we are on it, but I could also see the possibility of Florida giving him the option of waivers or a trade destination that they can find.

Maybe I am completely off, and teams still value Ekblad highly.

In terms of cap space, while it is cap in/cap out, Florida fills two key rolls with that cap space instead of 1. Otherwise, I think we'd need a third party team to retain on Ekblad or to take Joseph.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011

I don't think it changes things. Could easily be looking at next draft 1st (more likely Florida), prospects or a player who can help right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad