Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
It's crazy to me if Carolina doesn't want to offer Guentzel 9 million a year. I get playing it safe but you have to take at least a little risk to build a Cup winning team.
Had a few futures on Carolina this year after they added Guentzel. Found him very dissapointing in the playoffs, if he isnt scoring goals he really doesnt do anything. He couldnt get to the middle of the ice i found and when he did have a chance at a crucial time he didnt score. He is also 30 already I dunno I dont love the player that much. If I am them id be hoping Stamkos or Reinhart makes it to free agency and throw more money at one of them. Reinhart is 2 years younger than Guentzel and a way better two way player. He was also capable of beating Shesterkin on an open look. Something Guentzel never did.

Tom Fitzgerald is trading good players for very little right now. Seems he is probably done but its too bad Ottawa didnt take advantage of this opportunity.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Kelly is going to UFA
We just traded Kastelic
We're trying to trade Joseph
Chychrun, Brannstrom and maybe JBD are on block

Who is going to play for this team next season? We have zero depth as it is.
Do you think they're letting 4th liners go without a pretty specific plan in place? And a righty in mind when it comes to Chycrun?

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Kelly is going to UFA
We just traded Kastelic

Says Garrioch who hasnt been right about anything since Dorion was ousted. Its him throwing shit at a wall trying to stay relevant. Staios hasnt leaked anything and no one else has reported it. I dont believe it for a second. They need another Joseph, not losing him.

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
Kelly is going to UFA
We just traded Kastelic

ottawa-on-the-ottawa-senators-prime-ministers-play-a-game-of-hockey-on-the-auxiliary-rink.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: xVolchenkov

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I still think we're going to end up resorting to something like Chychrun and Joseph for Ekblad and a cheap bottom 6 forward. It just makes too much sense if we fail to get a RHD and the market for Chychrun doesn't materialize. It is going to be difficult for us to go into the season with Chychrun on the roster after he has been shopped for so long. It would be a distraction. I don't think there would be a big market for Ekblad because of his injuries, drop in play, and cap hit.

It's possible that he wouldn't waive his NTC if we are on it, but I could also see the possibility of Florida giving him the option of waivers or a trade destination that they can find.

Maybe I am completely off, and teams still value Ekblad highly.

In terms of cap space, while it is cap in/cap out, Florida fills two key rolls with that cap space instead of 1. Otherwise, I think we'd need a third party team to retain on Ekblad or to take Joseph.
Joseph doesnt have negative value why do you keep saying that?

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
Joseph doesnt have negative value why do you keep saying that?

It's a prediction. I could be wrong. It seems like it's surprisingly difficult to move players right now based on other trades we have seen.

At the start of the offseason, I figured a 2nd or 3rd round pick because he is a solid option in the middle 6 for some teams. Looking at how the trade market has shaken out, I am unsure if they can move him easily.

Players aside from superstars like Sergachev are being traded for less than anybody would predict, or with picks attached.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
It's a prediction. I could be wrong. It seems like it's surprisingly difficult to move players right now based on other trades we have seen.

At the start of the offseason, I figured a 2nd or 3rd round pick.

Players aside from superstars like Sergachev are being traded for less than anybody would predict, or with picks attached.
You seem to think its a forgone conclusion they are trying to deal him when they literally need more players like him. Not a single reliable source has said they are trying to trade him. He was good last year and he isnt on an expiring contract.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
Kelly is going to UFA
We just traded Kastelic

We have depth. It’s shitty. That’s why they are trying to replace it.
Or were you happy with our shit team last year and want to roll it all back?

It feels like you’d hate them if they made few changes, you’d hate them if they made a lot of changes.
What is it exactly that you love about our bottom six and bottom 3 D that everyone shit all over as useless depth last year lol

To specifically answer your question here is who is playing for us next year, and I suspect it will be a mix of UFAs and/or players we trade for who fill in the depth (that everyone wanted changed) that our new director of pro scouting rob dimaio feels are the right fit for the vision of this team.

Tkachuk Stutzle Giroux
Norris Pinto Batherson
Greig

Sanderson Zub
Chabot
Kleven

Ullmark
Forsberg.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011

At the start of the offseason, I figured a 2nd or 3rd round pick because he is a solid option in the middle 6 for some teams. Looking at how the trade market has shaken out, I am unsure if they can move him easily.

Jeannot went for a 4rth and a 2nd.

I get he's a tough guy and they can carry some value but Joseph is a much better player.

I think Joseph is worth a 2nd easily. Not sure we get that with teams valuing cap space more than ever but we'll get something decent I imagine.

Otherwise really no point to trade him.

Oct 10, 2010
They kinda need to move money out if we wanna make a solid splash in FA eh?

I’m actually happy if we have a whole different 4th line next season.

Bring in vets to fill those roles.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
You seem to think its a forgone conclusion they are trying to deal him when they literally need more players like him. Not a single reliable source has said they are trying to trade him. He was good last year and he isnt on an expiring contract.
He's on The Athletic's trade board as well. I think LeBrun oversees that.

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
Jeannot went for a 4rth and a 2nd.

I get he's a tough guy and they can carry some value but Joseph is a much better player.

I think Joseph is worth a 2nd easily. Not sure we get that with teams valuing cap space more than ever but we'll get something decent I imagine.

Otherwise really no point to trade him.

Jeannot was always going to get an overpayment because of the type of physical player he is seen as. It's the same reason Tampa overpaid for him in the first place, relative to his production.

If it is true that they are shopping him, I think they want cap flexibility, and they want to create as much roster turnover as possible to change the complexion of the team because it's not like we're going to or able to move the expensive core pieces.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
I figured Kelly would be a pretty easy re-sign at about 900k. I'm not sure what kind of case he has in arbitration - he has good shot suppression numbers, but no offense to speak of.

Not exactly sure what the plan is here on the bottom of the lineup. We aren't exactly a UFA hotspot, and the pickings are kind slim to begin with.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
To Philly: Chychrun LD & Joseph LW ($7.550 mil out)
To Ott: Laughton LW, Foerster RW & Johansen C/RW ($7.863 mil in) - difference $.313K
- this could be their new 3rd line & Greig could be their rover

UFA: Justin Schultz RD

Tkachuk - Stutzle - Foerster
Norris/Greig - Pinto (4) - Batherson
Laughton - Johansen - Giroux
Ostapchuk - Halliday - MacEwan - $52

Chabot - Schultz (3)
Sanderson - Zub
Kleven - Hamonic/JBD - $26.6
- Yakemchuk could replace Hamonic as soon as next season

Ullmark - Forsberg - $7.750 = $86.350
- next yr they will need to find a new cheaper backup, if Sogaard hasn't improved in Belleville

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad