Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
If the Rangers are willing to retain $2.5 m per season on Trouba's contract like this article is saying then the Sens should be all over that. Getting Trouba at $5.5 m cap hit over the next two seasons would be fine and he is certainly a kind of player that this defense needs.
Trouba asked out of Winnipeg because his wife is a doctor and needed to be in the US. I’m sure we are on his NTC along with the other Canadian teams.

vandelay

Nov 3, 2022
"Let's dump chabot to sign Roy for 8 mil"...even if this was possible, the suggestions on here are hilarious.

Move Chych and bring in Marino
Sign carrier
Sign perron

This is realistic and the best we can expect. Stay away from Roy. If we start sniffing around, we're paying too much. After last might, we need a year or two of filler til that top 4 spot is filled with an entry level. I don't like or want perron but I can see it just for the vet help up front.

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
"Let's dump chabot to sign Roy for 8 mil"...even if this was possible, the suggestions on here are hilarious.

Sign carrier
Sign perron

This is realistic and the best we can expect. Stay away from Roy. If we start sniffing around, we're paying too much. After last might, we need a year or two of filler til that top 4 spot is filled with an entry level. I don't like or want perron but I can see it just for the vet help up front.
A year or two of filler? Yakemchuk is probably gonna do a year in the WHL and a year in Belleville. Then when he is ready, he can play on our bottom pairing for a year. If he’s too good and needs more minutes, I don’t think we’ll be too upset about it. Zub will be a pending UFA anyway - it gives you options. I don’t think this pick needs to have any bearing on our summer.

Obviously don’t pay Roy 8 million, but if he comes at a reasonable price he’s one of the better options. No problem with trying whether it is “realistic” or not.

Reactions: vandelay

vandelay

Nov 3, 2022

Sign carrier
Sign perron

A year or two of filler? Yakemchuk is probably gonna do a year in the WHL and a year in Belleville. Then when he is ready, he can play on our bottom pairing for a year. If he’s too good and needs more minutes, I don’t think we’ll be too upset about it. Zub will be a pending UFA anyway - it gives you options. I don’t think this pick needs to have any bearing on our summer.

Obviously don’t pay Roy 8 million, but if he comes at a reasonable price he’s one of the better options. No problem with trying whether it is “realistic” or not.
I agree with all of this. Marino has 3 years left? Carrier gets min. 3 years? In both cases, we're covered. And I think your point on tge pick can be emphasized- na guarantees on a nice, linear development. I'm just pushing back on the idea of going balls out in UFA. A) there aren't many options realistically available to us B) why ate we talking about 8 mill 8 years for a number 4 D man?

Reactions: PlayOn

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
I agree with all of this. Marino has 3 years left? Carrier gets min. 3 years? In both cases, we're covered. And I think your point on tge pick can be emphasized- na guarantees on a nice, linear development. I'm just pushing back on the idea of going balls out in UFA. A) there aren't many options realistically available to us B) why ate we talking about 8 mill 8 years for a number 4 D man?
Got it! Yes 8 million is nuts lol. I think he belongs in the 5-6 range at most.

vandelay

Nov 3, 2022
So...there actually is a chance we're getting tanev? Although two seconds is about as high as I'd go so to be fair, if that's what Ss offered, they go with the out of conference option.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
I don't know, I don't love that Marino trade for Utah. Is owed 60% of the money on his deal left to pay out, has an 8-team NTC kicking in this year (which makes him a little harder to move down the road) and they had to give two 2nds despite no salary going back. Also, you gotta wonder why he's being moved 2 years after being acquired.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I don't know, I don't love that Marino trade for Utah. Is owed 60% of the money on his deal left to pay out, has an 8-team NTC kicking in this year (which makes him a little harder to move down the road) and they had to give two 2nds despite no salary going back. Also, you gotta wonder why he's being moved 2 years after being acquire
Because they have soon to be the best RD in the NHL by a significant margin with Hamilton, Pesce and Nemec

Reactions: Gil Gunderson

Ad

Upcoming events

• Bolivia vs Panama
    Bolivia vs Panama
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $75.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • USA vs Uruguay
    USA vs Uruguay
    Wagers: 2