GDT: Off-season/July 1st Free Agent frenzy thread-Is Joey Crabb still available?

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

ScottyMascotty

Dec 24, 2017
St. Petersburg

Lomberg replacement

1719861146795.png

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreChamps
Jul 13, 2013
I think he's worth it but we don't have the room. That's all it is. $9.5M for Lundell plus 4-6 depth guys. If Lundell gets $4.5M then that's only $5M left for like 5 guys and we have a greater been at RD
You may be right, we'll see how the math shakes out but right now if you go:

Swaggy-Barkov-Reinhart
Rodrigues-Bennett-Tkachuk
Lu-Lundell-(TBD)
Greer-Nosek-Gads
Extra-Asplund

Forsling-Ekblad
Mikkola-(TBD)
Balinskis-Kulikov
Extra-Bjornfot

Bob
Knight

This roster leaves 7.3 million to sign Lundell, a 3RW, and a top 4 dman which is indeed tight math.

Reactions: Beezers Mask

Beezers Mask

Oct 5, 2021
Fair but what’s stopping some team from offer sheeting him? Hope he’s committed to staying and the team keeps working with him
It’s probably almost 100% that someone has a sent him an offer sheet. He would have sign it and know it’s a possibility that the panthers don’t match. So just because someone offers him doesn’t mean we have to give him that deal.

Reactions: barkovcanfinnish

Chino Oscar

Jul 22, 2002
West Palm Beach

Swaggy-Barkov-Reinhart
Lu-Lundell-(TBD)
Greer-Nosek-Gads
Extra-Asplund

Forsling-Ekblad
Mikkola-(TBD)
Balinskis-Kulikov
Extra-Bjornfot

Bob
Knight

This roster leaves 7.3 million to sign Lundell, a 3RW, and a top 4 dman which is indeed tight math.
If Mackie takes that spot, we would have more to spend on the other 2 don't we? Meaning, that number is already taking into account Mackie's salary.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreChamps
Jul 13, 2013

Swaggy-Barkov-Reinhart
Lu-Lundell-(TBD)
Greer-Nosek-Gads
Extra-Asplund

Forsling-Ekblad
Mikkola-(TBD)
Balinskis-Kulikov
Extra-Bjornfot

Bob
Knight

To cycle back to this, I think you probably end up getting a bridge deal for Lundell, put Samo in the 3RW spot, and bring in Ghost or someone similar at 3 million, lineup probably ends up

Swaggy-Barkov-Reinhart
Lu-Lundell-Samo
Greer-Nosek-Gads
Extra-Asplund

Forsling-Ekblad
Mikkola-Ghost
Balinskis-Kulikov
Extra-Bjornfot

Bob
Knight

There would literally be zero dollars left with this lineup. Is it worse than last year? Yeah but it's still good and I feel really good runnig back the top 6 again.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
To cycle back to this, I think you probably end up getting a bridge deal for Lundell, put Samo in the 3RW spot, and bring in Ghost or someone similar at 3 million, lineup probably ends up

Swaggy-Barkov-Reinhart
Lu-Lundell-Samo
Greer-Nosek-Gads
Extra-Asplund

Forsling-Ekblad
Mikkola-Ghost
Balinskis-Kulikov
Extra-Bjornfot

Bob
Knight

There would literally be zero dollars left with this lineup. Is it worse than last year? Yeah but it's still good and I feel really good runnig back the top 6 again.
Ghost is a LD, he would be better than Montour on the PP however.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
The overreaction is here is at its highest level. We were never going to keep the whole team together. These guys were in all likelihood going to leave for more money. It’s just the business of it. Fortunately our top-6+ is basically sorted, just need to fill in a few in the bottom 6 and find a D.

I’ll bet Zito and the staff expected this and planned for it way before now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad