Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

GoSenatorsGo

Nov 9, 2007
I really don’t see us trading our first unless we are moving down.

That being said I could see Utah trading with Carolina (making a big splash for their fans) to land a Necas type player

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
I'd move a 2nd + the two 3rds we got from Florida for Marino. I feel like the door is almost shut on any of the high end RHD's coming here via free agency. Adding Marino and then a 3rd pairing RD to insulate Kleven and let JBD sit in the pressbox might be the best option left.

Reactions: vandelay

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
Wasn’t Bowness big on Marino? Or at least rumoured to be, maybe this is the move

I don't think that was ever a real rumour. They were both just in Pittsburgh at the same time, so there was talk about how Bowness would have known Marino well. If anything, the fact that we didn't trade for Marino when he was available would be evidence that Bowness wasn't a fan, but we don't know that either.

Seems like they're clearing space for Pesce. If they're motivated to move him fast, and other teams (e.g. Toronto, Dallas, Vancouver) are tied up with Tanev, maybe we could sweep in and get him at a discount.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Didn’t Dorion apparently not like Marino’s term when we were rumoured to be in in him in 2022? What a clown if true.
That's what Garrioch reported, but I think it's just as likely that they didn't have budget space to add him. Pittsburgh didn't take any salary back when they moved Marino and we know the Sens couldn't move on Chychrun until they found a home for Zaitsev.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad