Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

h2

Mar 26, 2002
Just a guess, but I think Dorion was looking for someone bigger and more physical to pair with Chabot. Marino falls more into the Demelo type of RHD, which we know Dorion didn't appreciate.

Dorion thought Zaitsev could play with Chabot.

His credibility when it came to evaluating defense is zero.

Reactions: DrEasy

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I dont think Marino would cost much. Havent looked at NJs cap situation but I would guess his value is close to Joseph’s
Considering how in demand RD are why wouldnt he cost much? They must know they are getting Pesce if they are shopping him. Great asset management by Fitzgerald.

Would you move from 7 to 10 if they included Marino?

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
If NJD is in on Necas, and Carolina wants a top 7 pick go move him, we could do something around 7 for 10+Marino, and then NJD could deal 7 for Necas.

Not saying 7 alone does or doesn't get it done, but that would be the base.

Then we move Chychrun to LAK for 1st+Kaliyev to clear cap for Marino.

As far as Dorion not getting him before, I suspect it was a budget thing and they the cost to dump Zaitsev might have been more restrictive in the summer vs at the deadline. Not to mention, he was clearly hard after Chychrun and adding Marino would have probably closed the door on that.

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
Considering how in demand RD are why wouldnt he cost much? They must know they are getting Pesce if they are shopping him. Great asset management by Fitzgerald.

"Much" is relative, but it's possible that they're more motivated to move his contract quickly than to extract maximum value, and you could get him for less than you might otherwise be able to. Moving $4.4M without taking back salary is not automatic these days.

Emerica

May 29, 2010

Personally, yes definitely

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton

I would.

We get a very good prospect + get a 2nd pairing RD who is cost controlled for a couple of seasons. If we can get the Jet's 2nd rounder next year or other assets it'd be a solid swap

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison

My guess would be that he would cost at least a late 1st, but it's always difficult to predict these things with how much then market seems to change.

7 for 10+Marino only wouldn't be worth doing if someone we have in a higher tier than everybody else is on the board. If we can move down to 10 and get a comparable player, even if we don't get our absolute ideal guy, it's with it.

Reactions: Senator Stanley

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
Funny, I posted yesterday how teams could strategically give a 34 year old front loaded max term to circumvent the salary cap. Apparently, that is what Tampa is trying to convince Stamkos to do. 8 years at a 3M AAV. This is per Lebrun.

• Wow
Reactions: DJB

GoSenatorsGo

Nov 9, 2007
If NJD is in on Necas, and Carolina wants a top 7 pick go move him, we could do something around 7 for 10+Marino, and then NJD could deal 7 for Necas.

Not saying 7 alone does or doesn't get it done, but that would be the base.

Then we move Chychrun to LAK for 1st+Kaliyev to clear cap for Marino.

As far as Dorion not getting him before, I suspect it was a budget thing and they the cost to dump Zaitsev might have been more restrictive in the summer vs at the deadline. Not to mention, he was clearly hard after Chychrun and adding Marino would have probably closed the door on that.
I don’t hate this deal at all

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
Marino isn’t the best option for us considering we need guys that can actually clear the front of our net, but he’s still better than nothing. Not much else we can do if we can’t get one of the UFAs.

Reactions: gab6511

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Funny, I posted yesterday how teams could strategically give a 34 year old front loaded max term to circumvent the salary cap. Apparently, that is what Tampa is trying to convince Stamkos to do. 8 years at a 3M AAV. This is per Lebrun.
Isn't this basically what got NJD fined 3 mil and a first round pick (later returned to them as 30oa) for?

Reactions: h2owned
Oct 10, 2010
Marino is a good fall back option for sure but like someone said, I also prefer RD that’s gonna bully you in front of the net.

No more soft players on the backend!!

Reactions: h2

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
To Cal: 7th OA
To Ott: 9th OA & 41st OA

To Philly: 9th OA, Chychrun LD, Greig C/LW & Joseph LW/RW--- ($8. 413 mil out)
To Ott: 12th OA, Bonk RD, Foerster RW, Laughton LW & Johansen C/RW ($7.863 mil in)
- difference $.55K out

UFA: Justin Schultz RD

- Ott - 12th OA, 39th OA, 41st OA, Bonk RD & Foerster RW

Tkachuk - Stutzle - Foerster - 17.5
Norris - Pinto 5 - Batherson - 18
Laughton - Johansen - Giroux - 13.5
Kelly - Ostapchuk - MacEwan - 3 = $52

Sanderson - Schultz (3)
Chabot - Zub
Kleven - Hamonic/JBD - $26.6

Ullmark - Forsberg/Sogaard - $7.750 = $86.350

h2

Mar 26, 2002
Marino is a good fall back option for sure but like someone said, I also prefer RD that’s gonna bully you in front of the net.

No more soft players on the backend!!

Remember in 2010 when we had Sutton-Carkner-Phillips-Volchenkov?

We had monsters back there. The crease was cleared lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad