Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I don't believe that Ullmark is going to wait and see if this is a fit. Staios will talk to the agent and they'll get a firm sense that Ottawa is going in a different direction defensively and how things will be built.
We need to change our direction defensively to let in 8 more high danger scoring chances this year just like the bruins did last year

h2

Mar 26, 2002
This is a fair point, but I think the risk was worth the reward when you consider what an equivalent D with term might cost us in a trade, and the low likelihood of us getting one of the other top RHDs in free agency.

I'd rather get a potential buy low candidate like Carrier who is an adequate 2nd pair RHD. We're not winning the cup next year, we can take our time and get the right defensive dman in the future.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
We need to change our direction defensively to let in 8 more high danger scoring chances this year just like the bruins did last year
No, I realize, but Boston is twice the team Ottawa is - forwards buy in, defence sucks a little, but they're still better than ours (at the moment]. It's not just defence, it's the overall direction going forward. I think it's also probably an issue of Ottawa looking Mickey Mouseish to the rest of the league and Staois having to show that things have changed.

Blotto71

Okay, maybe the worst is behind us...?
May 12, 2013
Over There
I think Carrier would be good, the bigger issue might be if he doesn’t sign with us either.

Trade options are Marino, Ekblad and Trouba, but NTCs make that challenging too.
I think it's enough to be highly competitive next season - making the playoffs is going to be tough no matter what changes get made. I'd settle for making a deal that saw the Sens get Kesselring from Utah and signing a Hakanpaa or Desharnais for the 3rd pair. That would leave room to fill out the bottom 6 with stronger defenders that could match up against opposition top 6's. Year after next is the make it or bust one (imo).

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
I'd rather get a potential buy low candidate like Carrier who is an adequate 2nd pair RHD. We're not winning the cup next year, we can take our time and get the right defensive dman in the future.

I want someone with level of certainty because I think winning this year is very important.

Marino is someone I would look at it he is available, but going back to the Tanev point I would guess that he would cost a decent amount. We don't have a mid or late 1st, so probably something like 39 and a future 2nd on.tne lower end.

h2

Mar 26, 2002
I want someone with level of certainty because I think winning this year is very important.

Marino is someone I would look at it he is available, but going back to the Tanev point I would guess that he would cost a decent amount. We don't have a mid or late 1st, so probably something like 39 and a future 2nd on.tne lower end.

Marino would be alright.

There's more options than Tanev was the main point, and tbh I'd prefer the other options at this stage.

BoardsofCanada

Aug 26, 2009
G.T.A.
Tom Brady always demanded that his teams have a wall in front of him giving him time to operate. We need to do the same for Ullmark. We do that, he'll sign long term.

Reactions: Alex1234

Emerica

May 29, 2010
Cam Atkinson getting bought out. Is he cooked or was he just overpaid? Could be a decent 3rd line vet

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Tom Brady always demanded that his teams have a wall in front of him giving him time to operate. We need to do the same for Ullmark. We do that, he'll sign long term.
Both ullmark and korpisalo had very similar expected save percentages.

Are the bruins better than us? Yes. But they don’t have some crazy defence.

All this to say I’m just arguing because I truly believe korpisalo was near historically bad last year.

Ullmark will stay if he likes the city and his teammates I think

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
I don't think Chabot is going to be traded, but criticizing people for speculating about how a player might fit with another team is peak message board police behavior that just isn't productive.

Staios has been fairly honest in his discourse with the fans. So I take it at face value when he says he isn't shopping Chabot, but this wouldn't be the first time that a player who wasn't shopped ends up getting traded, because these kind of off-season are very fluid in how things develop.
Who wants Chabot at 8 Avv and 10 in salary lol?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad