Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Utah is apparently looking for a top pairing D.

They might be a good match for Chabot. I doubt he has them on his 10 team list because he probably figured Arizona would never want to acquire a 9M-10M real money player.

The reason he might be a good match for Utah is that they are going to have a difficult time attracting UFAs outside of paying inflated 1 year contracts. Chabot has term, so he would be trapped there for a little bit.

It would be Chabot, not Chychrun. I find it hard to believe Chychrun would want to go to a rebuilding team. Chabot has term, so aside from getting booboo faced, he would be stuck there.
No idea why you keep bringing up Chabot, Staois has shot that down, a couple of times.
He said the topic hasn’t even been brought up or discussed.

vandelay

Nov 3, 2022
Funny how popular opinion just days ago was "let's trade 2 top 3 defencemen and go get two we really like"...now with july 2 still not here we're talking about paying 9 mill for a not vedy good ekblad. For me, chabot at 8 is quite a bit better than eckblad at 8.

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
No idea why you keep bringing up Chabot, Staois has shot that down, a couple of times.
I think that’s very unlikely to be true. If you notice as well, when Brady rumours are brought up, he goes out of his way to emphasize we are building around him and his importance to the team. He hasn’t done that with Chabot. Whereas Pierre always spoke about getting Brady and Chabot some help leadership wise, this group has always just said Brady.

I don’t think Chabot will be moved because we aren’t gonna be able to replace him easily and it just makes a lot more sense to get him a partner and see where that goes. But I think there’s no chance they haven’t discussed him.

Reactions: BigRig4

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
I don't get the appeal of Ehlers, personally.

I'd rather not spend that much on a winger when we really need to beef up the D.
Tbf we need both. Not sure ehlers is ideal but wouldn’t hate it.
RHD is definitely the #1 priority.

Blotto71

Okay, maybe the worst is behind us...?
May 12, 2013
Over There
A LD trio of Sanderson - Kylington - Kleven would be okay if the right side had more bite. Just saying, Chabot's dollars could go a long way to making the Sens D tougher to play against.

• Haha
Reactions: NB613

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Tbf we need both. Not sure ehlers is ideal but wouldn’t hate it.
RHD is definitely the #1 priority.
Do we need both?

Tkachuk is good for ~70-80 pts
Stu (healthy) is good for 90 pts
Giroux is good for 65-70 pts
Pinto is good for ~50+ pts
Batherson is good for 65-70 pts
Norris is good for 50 pts (but lets ignore him because of health)
Greig is probably good for 40 pts

I think another top 9 player would be a good addition, personally, I'd do it by upgrading Joseph if possible, but I don't think we need a top 6 guy. We need a guy like Paul, not Ehlers, imo.

Icelevel

Sep 9, 2009
Do we need both?

Tkachuk is good for ~70-80 pts
Stu (healthy) is good for 90 pts
Giroux is good for 65-70 pts
Pinto is good for ~50+ pts
Batherson is good for 65-70 pts
Norris is good for 50 pts (but lets ignore him because of health)
Greig is probably good for 40 pts

I think another top 9 player would be a good addition, personally, I'd do it by upgrading Joseph if possible, but I don't think we need a top 6 guy. We need a guy like Paul, not Ehlers, imo.
Rutger?

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
I think that’s very unlikely to be true. If you notice as well, when Brady rumours are brought up, he goes out of his way to emphasize we are building around him and his importance to the team. He hasn’t done that with Chabot. Whereas Pierre always spoke about getting Brady and Chabot some help leadership wise, this group has always just said Brady.

I don’t think Chabot will be moved because we aren’t gonna be able to replace him easily and it just makes a lot more sense to get him a partner and see where that goes. But I think there’s no chance they haven’t discussed him.
One player who won’t be going anywhere is alternate captain Thomas Chabot. Staios shot down a rumour Wednesday the veteran defenceman, who has a 10-team no-trade clause that kicks in Monday, was available.

“Not sure where that comes from,” Staios said. “It hasn’t been talked about once. I don’t get distracted by a lot of stuff. Probably every player on our team has been rumoured at some point. It’s the day and age we live. I feel for our players but there’s not truth to that.”

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
One player who won’t be going anywhere is alternate captain Thomas Chabot. Staios shot down a rumour Wednesday the veteran defenceman, who has a 10-team no-trade clause that kicks in Monday, was available.

“Not sure where that comes from,” Staios said. “It hasn’t been talked about once. I don’t get distracted by a lot of stuff. Probably every player on our team has been rumoured at some point. It’s the day and age we live. I feel for our players but there’s not truth to that.”
I wasn’t saying Staios didn’t say that. I was saying he is probably lying.

Objectively, there’d be no reason to not listen and talk about Chabot. I just don’t think they have or are going to find a deal they like, so of course they’re gonna say they haven’t talked about it.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
I wasn’t saying Staios didn’t say that. I was saying he is probably lying.

Objectively, there’d be no reason to not listen and talk about Chabot. I just don’t think they have or are going to find a deal they like, so of course they’re gonna say they haven’t talked about it.
Sure 😂

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison

It's a speculation thread.

People speculate about the value of or circumstances surrounding trading players who aren't exactly available all the time.

Saying Utah would ask for Chabot not Chychrun because he has term shouldn't merit a "gotcha" reply.

Florida is smart, they are trying to trade Ekblad before the rest of the league figures out that the dudes foot speed is shot, and with his value being the highest it’s ever been.

So you're telling me it's going to be Ekblad for Weber?

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison

I don't think Chabot is going to be traded, but criticizing people for speculating about how a player might fit with another team is peak message board police behavior that just isn't productive.

Staios has been fairly honest in his discourse with the fans. So I take it at face value when he says he isn't shopping Chabot, but this wouldn't be the first time that a player who wasn't shopped ends up getting traded, because these kind of off-season are very fluid in how things develop.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
I don't believe that Ullmark is going to wait and see if this is a fit. Staios will talk to the agent and they'll get a firm sense that Ottawa is going in a different direction defensively and how things will be built.

Icelevel

Sep 9, 2009
I don't believe that Ullmark is going to wait and see if this is a fit. Staios will talk to the agent and they'll get a firm sense that Ottawa is going in a different direction defensively and how things will be built.
Yeah expect a signing sooner than later. He’s not going anywhere.

Reactions: SpezDispenser

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
I don't think Chabot is going to be traded, but criticizing people for speculating about how a player might fit with another team is peak message board police behavior that just isn't productive.

Staios has been fairly honest in his discourse with the fans. So I take it at face value when he says he isn't shopping Chabot, but this wouldn't be the first time that a player who wasn't shopped ends up getting traded, because these kind of off-season are very fluid in how things develop.
To be fair, Staios could have been referring to recent talks when he said there have been no discussions.

But Garrioch and Seravelli have both said all year that Chabot’s contract is an issue in moving him, which suggests talks were had.

Yost was on the radio the other day saying that he thinks other teams think Chabot is more available than he actually is, then followed it up with or maybe he’s just not aware of the extent of Chabot’s availability. You have to wonder why teams think Chabot is available if no discussions have been had.

Anyway, as I said, I don’t think he’s getting moved. I just don’t really buy that there haven’t been discussions, whether he’s being aggressively shopped or not.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Yeah expect a signing sooner than later. He’s not going anywhere.

Well, his numbers will probably be better on Boston so he's better to sign a contract now than wait.

You can always demand a trade later.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad