Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
I'd pick Sanheim at his salary over Chabot at his. Plus Torts has helped Sanheim and even Risto stop sucking so much. Having said that, watch us trade Chabot to Philly, only for him to return to being a top pairing guy under Torts.
Why can't we trade Chabot - who will have major interest around the league, despite what people on here think - and change the D so we don't have to settle? I'mnot sold on Sanheim, and these days that means for me, no thanks.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
No one has been more plugged in.. well maybe Garrioch

Garrioch is plugged into his own butt, aka "League Executive". It's just a synonym for butt in Garrihack language.

Also, I think the Flyers-Sens trade was always going to be something around draft day, I am sure both GMs will keep it under wraps while looking for a better deal elsewhere as due diligence.

Last edited:

CallSaul

Jun 19, 2024
Islanders apparently considering buying Pageau out or trading him with retention.

That's something I'd be all over. $1.5M retention is less than the buyout penalty, and I'd certainly take him back here at $3.5M.

Good veteran, can lead the PK, win faceoffs, and loved in the community.

CallSaul

Jun 19, 2024
We have far more pressing needs at the moment.

Our PK was ranked 29th last season, we had to play Rourke Chartier as our #3C for significant portions of the year, and we got next to no offensive, or defensive, contribution from our bottom 6.

I'd say improving that is a pretty pressing need.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
Problem is, the goalie doesn't matter when the defense is so terrible defensively. Any goalie you put in the pipes will get worn down and be largely ineffective by xmas. We're becoming a goalie graveyard here, and spending a lot of assets we can't afford to spend while doing it.
Look at the advanced goaltending stats for last year. I can't imagine any circumstance where upgrading to even just league average goaltending doesn't help us improve. Even if we only fix the egregious amount of excessive goals against from low danger shots, it would be a huge boost to the team from a mental perspective.

DanyHeatley

Dec 6, 2016
And if you can't get Ullmark without our 1st, you walk away. I really hope that that pick is off the table, unless it's for a very minor trade down.
The 7th is apparently in play for a draft day deal with PHI involving their pick 1st rd pick, Konecny, Laughton and Joseph

DanyHeatley

Dec 6, 2016
Where do you see that?
Travis yost report. He was first to break in the Markstrom trade so his shit I reliable.

If we get Konecny and Laughton to drop down from 7th to 12th plus other assets + Joseph, 1 of either goalie and maybe something else that’d be a solid deal.

Bostons 1st is likely headed back to them and Chychrun as well for Ullmark

• Haha
Reactions: Icelevel

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Travis yost report. He was first to break in the Markstrom trade so his shit I reliable.

If we get Konecny and Laughton to drop down from 7th to 12th plus other assets + Joseph, 1 of either goalie and maybe something else that’d be a solid deal.

Travis didn't provide any details regarding the pick or players involved. He just said both teams have something.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast

This is the entirety of what Yost has said, the rest is just filling in the blanks with logical conclusions by others:

“Believe the Ottawa Senators and Philadelphia Flyers have the framework of a trade in place as well, though this one may go closer to the Draft.”

All the names you listed is just compete guesswork based on the two teams listed.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
This is the entirety of what Yost has said, the rest is just filling in the blanks with logical conclusions by others:

“Believe the Ottawa Senators and Philadelphia Flyers have the framework of a trade in place as well, though this one may go closer to the Draft.”

All the names you listed is just compete guesswork based on the two teams listed.
Vague stuff from people in the media & people making stuff up these days.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON

I don't think we're drafting 7th overall.

I'm guessing 12+31/32+Laughton for 7, then they use 31/32+Chychrun to trade for Ullmark. So ultimately something like 7th+Chychrun for 12+Ullmark+Laughton. Not really a fan if that's how it turns out but oh well.

It's so damn important to nail the first rounder this year. We haven't had a proper one since 2020 and we're going to forfeit one in the next 2 years.

Last edited:

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008

I don't think we're drafting 7th overall.

I'm guessing 12+31/32+Laughton for 7, then they use 31/32+Chychrun to trade for Ullmark. So ultimately something like 7th+Chychrun for 12+Ullmark+Laughton. Not really a fan if that's how it turns out but oh well.

It's so damn important to nail the first rounder this year. We haven't had a proper one since 2020 and we're going to forfeit one in the next 2 years.

That would be great but I'd guess the value gap between #7 and #12 is probably two 2nds, or #31/32 and something else small, not Laughton who probably has the value of a couple 2nds himself.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
I wouldn't mind that. You can still get the same type of prospect that you may have gotten at 7 in the 12th spot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad