Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

scout20

Jul 21, 2022
Is the idea that pinto is the second line Center long term?
Yes with Stützle , Pinto and Ridy I think centre depth would still be a position of strength. Cernak is a great shutdown D who shoots right he could be partnered with Chabot. Then Sanderson and Zub would round out a good diversified top 4D with a puck moving D with two stay at home hard to play against right shot D.... I am a big fan of Hagel I like his intensity, speed, grit and scoring touch. A line of Hagel, Ridly & joseph I could see buzzing around the ice making life difficult for the opposition.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
To Anaheim- Brannstrom + 3rd

To Ottawa - Lybushkin 50% retained

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
To Anaheim- Brannstrom + 3rd

To Ottawa - Lybushkin 50% retained
I wouldn't mind that trade if we can extend him at a decent price.

I don't really like the idea of throwing in a third for a rental though.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
It's an Ottawa trade. The 3rd is to pay for the 50% retention.
Sure, the value is fine, but that trade isn't turning the season around, so while I don't mind adding a pick to get retention so that we can't make it work, there's no reason to add him just for this season, we'd be throwing away a pick and Brannstrom for 59 games.

Like I said, if we can extend him, or at least get the warm fuzzies that he'd consider an extension if he finds a good fit on the team, then it's worth the risk, otherwise take a run at him in the offseason or target someone else.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
Sure, the value is fine, but that trade isn't turning the season around, so while I don't mind adding a pick to get retention so that we can't make it work, there's no reason to add him just for this season, we'd be throwing away a pick and Brannstrom for 59 games.

Like I said, if we can extend him, or at least get the warm fuzzies that he'd consider an extension if he finds a good fit on the team, then it's worth the risk, otherwise take a run at him in the offseason or target someone else.
I was just joking; I would not trade a pick in this proposed trade. I would actually be more interested in trying to get a D-man out of Vegas when Theodore and Martinez are back from injury. Whitecloud is a RD on sweet contract so I doubt they'd trade him I would still be interested in McNabb or Hague

Reactions: DrEasy

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison

Depending on the timeline for Chabot's return, we could rent another D and possibly flip them at the deadline. Of course, it comes with risks of the D getting hurt.

As far as the original proposal goes, Anaheim isn't going to burn a retention spot and increase their spending/cap for anything but a huge return. They should be able to get a 3rd for Lybushkin at the deadline without having to retain, and maybe a 2nd if they offer cap considerations. There will be very few RHD, and his style will be coveted for the playoffs.

People will bring up the Zadorov trade, but the reason he went for a 3rd is because Vancouver could take him without cap considerations. If Calgary was willing to retain or take back money, they would have gotten a greater return. As we saw last year, prices go up at the TDL when teams are more confident in knowing they are either a buyer or a seller, which opens up the market for third party teams to facilitate trades, and teams to use their banked cap space.

They would probably prefer a 3rd straight up instead of a 3rd+Brannstrom.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
Depending on the timeline for Chabot's return, we could rent another D and possibly flip them at the deadline. Of course, it comes with risks of the D getting hurt.

As far as the original proposal goes, Anaheim isn't going to burn a retention spot and increase their spending/cap for anything but a huge return. They should be able to get a 3rd for Lybushkin at the deadline without having to retain, and maybe a 2nd if they offer cap considerations. There will be very few RHD, and his style will be coveted for the playoffs.

People will bring up the Zadorov trade, but the reason he went for a 3rd is because Vancouver could take him without cap considerations. If Calgary was willing to retain or take back money, they would have gotten a greater return. As we saw last year, prices go up at the TDL when teams are more confident in knowing they are either a buyer or a seller, which opens up the market for third party teams to facilitate trades, and teams to use their banked cap space.

At this point, his timeline coincides with Pinto's return. I'd have to imagine they're keeping as much cap space open as possible to accommodate both coming back to the lineup.

UglyPuckling

May 14, 2021
Given that this looks like another lost year as far as making the playoffs, I would say trades should be focused on the future versus expending assets trying to salvage the year.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Does Lybushkin actually hold that much value, he's got the lowest 5v5 TOI on the ducks, his underlying numbers aren't great, he's not getting super tough deployment (not saying he's sheltered but he's getting more oz starts than DZ as a defensive dman, and his QOC isn't anything to write home about), Idk, I like him as a bottom pair option, that maybe can be a good partner for one of our LD but most playoff teams probably see him as a depth guy for injuries, not an upgrade.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018

It clears sufficient cap to bring back Pinto which might cost a pick anyway.

It pushes Hamonic out of the everyday line up.

We replace the 3rd pair LD internally until Chabot returns mid to late January.

I don’t consider this a lost season yet.

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
Does Lybushkin actually hold that much value, he's got the lowest 5v5 TOI on the ducks, his underlying numbers aren't great, he's not getting super tough deployment (not saying he's sheltered but he's getting more oz starts than DZ as a defensive dman, and his QOC isn't anything to write home about), Idk, I like him as a bottom pair option, that maybe can be a good partner for one of our LD but most playoff teams probably see him as a depth guy for injuries, not an upgrade.

He got a 4th round pick in the offseason, when it was extremely difficult to move any player with cap. He's probably worth something similar if Anaheim wants to dump him now, and a team will take him without cap. Once you add cap into the equation, Anaheim will want to be compensated further for that, just like what happened with Calgary and Zadorov.

We saw last year that prices peak at the deadline. So a player worth a 4th in the off season should be worth more at the deadline. Add in how few RHD there are ever available. A 2nd is maybe pushing it, unless they also have to retain or take back a contract. A 3rd without cap considerations seems pretty reasonable for a veteran RHD with size (even if he doesn't play a monster physical game).

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
He got a 4th round pick in the offseason, when it was extremely difficult to move any player with cap. He's probably worth something similar if Anaheim wants to dump him now, and a team will take him without cap. Once you add cap into the equation, Anaheim will want to be compensated further for that, just like what happened with Calgary and Zadorov.

We saw last year that prices peak at the deadline. So a player worth a 4th in the off season should be worth more at the deadline. Add in how few RHD there are ever available. A 2nd is maybe pushing it, unless they also have to retain or take back a contract. A 3rd without cap considerations seems pretty reasonable for a veteran RHD with size (even if he doesn't play a monster physical game).
So he got Hamonic value (the ask not what Dorion paid).

I think a 2nd is really pushing it, even with retention, I just don't see him being that coveted. Braun got a 3rd two years ago and was a better player on a better contract. Schenn was having a great year and had a league min contract and only got a third. I just don't see teams willing to pay more than a third for a guy that will play on their bottom pair, paying for retention doesn't change what teams are will to give up for that slot. Maybe I'm wrong, I just don't see it.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
The players are starting to play within the system which is good to see. I don’t hold the coach responsible for lack of player engagement but you can’t fire the players.

I’m not sure we are getting 8M of value playing one of Chychrun or Chabot on their off side, I also think we need more of what Zub brings.

lol I had this post started for a few days but as I said sunday, I would come back on the point that we don't need to trade Chychrun or Chabot to have a better RD

- Sign Pinto 2 years x 2 M$ (hard to predict this but if he had a decent 2nd part of the season, that could be in the ballpark), sign other RFAs to cheap bridges

- Trade Brannstrom for a young forward (ex Dellandrea + pick. I gave Dellandrea 1.0 AAV for the exercise)

- Trade for Gudas by giving up picks/prospects (let's say he's available for the exercise, he has a 4.0 AAV)

- Sign Dickinson or someone of that ilk (gave him 2.5 AAV for the exercise)

RESULT : 2.3 M$ in cap space

Tkachuk - Norris - Giroux
Joseph - Stutzle - Batherson
Dickinson - Greig - Pinto
Crookshank - Kastelic - Dellandrea
MacEwen

Chabot - Gudas
Sanderson - JBD
Chychrun - Zub
Hamonic

Korpisalo/Forsberg

Jacques said their system was very good when asked where he'll help improve the team.

No chance Jacques would throw DJ under the bus. Like Dorion wasn't thrown under the bus and even resigned himself (yeah, right)

Yeah they're in pretty good shape going into next season.

Here's hoping Tarasenko is willing to sign up, i really like what he brings for secondary scoring. But if he doesn't, no biggie. 5ish million should be enough to entice a free agent, maybe someone with a bit more jam.

Less skill, more jam. Look at the impact of a guy like Joseph or Greig

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
No chance Jacques would throw DJ under the bus.
He wasn't put in a position to throw DJ under the bus, he was asked where he was going to help and he went out of his way to reference the systems being good and not the focus of where he would be helping.

It's funny how how nothing can be trusted if it goes against what you believe, doesn't matter if York and Ryan say it or Martin says it, people just don't want to hear certain things

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
He wasn't put in a position to throw DJ under the bus, he was asked where he was going to help and he went out of his way to reference the systems being good and not the focus of where he would be helping.

It's funny how how nothing can be trusted if it goes against what you believe, doesn't matter if York and Ryan say it or Martin says it, people just don't want to hear certain things

How do you know that? I'll take your word on it as I follow basically nothing outside of the games and the advanced stats....

I'm not attacking you or anything, or refuting anything. I am just going with the logic that Martin couldn't say anything else that "the systems are good"

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
How do you know that? I'll take your word on it as I follow basically nothing outside of the games and the advanced stats....

I'm not attacking you or anything, or refuting anything. I am just going with the logic that Martin couldn't say anything else that "the systems are good"
How does he know that? Years of HF membership I suppose

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

There was no reason for him to say the systems are good, it was unprompted, he could have left that part out and it would change his answer at all. He chose to bring up systems as a positive when asked about the gaps he was there to fill.

Reactions: Xspyrit

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
How does he know that? Years of HF membership I suppose

I would never "dispute" something that is factual and would tend to lean on something that is reported as factual... I don't consider stuff said through medias as entirely factual though.

Anyway, not like I care much about this. If Martin really thinks DJ's systems are excellent, then we might not find a way out of our problems as soon as we'd hope.

There was no reason for him to say the systems are good, it was unprompted, he could have left that part out and it would change his answer at all. He chose to bring up systems as a positive when asked about the gaps he was there to fill.

Like I said, I follow absolutely nothing outside of the games. I don't think I ever listened to a DJ interview more than a few seconds there and there, for example. It was a simple deduction. What is said through medias is mostly "motivated" to me.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I would never "dispute" something that is factual and would tend to lean on something that is reported as factual... I don't consider stuff said through medias as entirely factual though.

Anyway, not like I care much about this. If Martin really thinks DJ's systems are excellent, then we might not find a way out of our problems as soon as we'd hope.

Like I said, I follow absolutely nothing outside of the games. I don't think I ever listened to a DJ interview more than a few seconds there and there, for example. It was a simple deduction. What is said through medias is mostly "motivated" to me.
I was commenting on your bolded not believing anything against your personal narrative. It's pretty standard HF. Regardless of what your narrative might be most of the time.

As for Martin ya he said that pretty much unprompted

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad