Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
Trade Chychrun he is the only one with real non-UFA value and get Demelo tru UFA to settle Chabot once and for all and let Zub with Sandy

If you want Demelo, you probably have to trade for him down the stretch. I don't see why he signs here, unless they bring him in and he gets comfortable, and they also offer a very secure contract that he would be at risk of not getting on July 1st.

I don't think they will trade Chychrun, which is why I wouldn't peg him as a big deadline trade. This is the same management group that preacher stability. I don't see them trading Chychrun until they find out if he wants to stay.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
If you want Demelo, you probably have to trade for him down the stretch. I don't see why he signs here, unless they bring him in and he gets comfortable, and they also offer a very secure contract that he would be at risk of not getting on July 1st.

I don't think they will trade Chychrun, which is why I wouldn't peg him as a big deadline trade. This is the same management group that preacher stability. I don't see them trading Chychrun until they find out if he wants to stay.
Well they have to do something
Coaching change might get us out of the basement but that roster is going nowhere in the PO

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
We can back up the brinks truck for his salary and only do the trade with an extension.

Why would you never trade Brady though? Because the culture of the team is so good?
Because I think he’s a unique piece to this roster that’s about impossible to replace. I’m going to assume you weren’t around for the lack of Gary Roberts era.

Reactions: Bileur and Loach

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Because I think he’s a unique piece to this roster that’s about impossible to replace. I’m going to assume you weren’t around for the lack of Gary Roberts era.
It’s become legendary but I mean. Robert’s wasn’t the reason we didn’t win a cup. He wasn’t beating the ducks. He wasn’t beating New Jersey. He wasn’t going to make lalime out play Cujo or Belfour.

I wouldn’t trade Brady tho obviously.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
If Brannstrom or Kubalik are traded, Sens should be looking at prospects or picks, if wanting to fit Pinto back in.

scout20

Jul 21, 2022
People questioning Brady's leadership reminds me of last year when many Vancouver fans labelled JT Miller as being to emotional on the ice to be a leader. Funny how the lens we look through quickly changes when a team starts winning. i.e. I don't hear many JT Miller detractors this year. Brady is not the problem! Needing a save is the problem.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
It’s become legendary but I mean. Robert’s wasn’t the reason we didn’t win a cup. He wasn’t beating the ducks. He wasn’t beating New Jersey. He wasn’t going to make lalime out play Cujo or Belfour.

I wouldn’t trade Brady tho obviously.

There’s no way of knowing what adding Brady or Roberts would have done to the 2002-2003 team in terms of results but you can be sure there would have been more pushback to the physical agression from NJ’s D in particular.

There are very few players I’d accept in a one for one deal for Brady.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
There’s no way of knowing what adding Brady or Roberts would have done to the 2002-2003 team in terms of results but you can be sure there would have been more pushback to the physical agression from NJ’s D in particular.

There are very few players I’d accept in a one for one deal for Brady.
Don’t think Gary was beating one of the best goalies in history in his prime any more than Hossa Alfie hacker and whoever.

But of course we don’t know.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Don’t think Gary was beating one of the best goalies in history in his prime any more than Hossa Alfie hacker and whoever.

But of course we don’t know.

Probably not, but he might draw attention from the Stevens, White and Daneyko types to make enough room for Hossa, Alfie or Havlat to do so.

Reactions: Burrowsaurus

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
People questioning Brady's leadership reminds me of last year when many Vancouver fans labelled JT Miller as being to emotional on the ice to be a leader. Funny how the lens we look through quickly changes when a team starts winning. i.e. I don't hear many JT Miller detractors this year. Brady is not the problem! Needing a save is the problem.
I don’t think anyone thinks he’s THE problem. He can be part of the solution. But he needs to lead by example with his defensive play.

Reactions: HSF and SensHulk

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
If Brannstrom or Kubalik are traded, Sens should be looking at prospects or picks, if wanting to fit Pinto back in.
trading Branny for a pick would be another step backwards

Sens could use a quality vet on the blueline

Pinto is not an issue anymore with him going to sign the QO

Reactions: Bileur and Cosmix

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005

Still not enough money, even if he signs QO.
There wasn’t enough money in October if he signed QO, there still isn’t. If Sens have a player on LTIR there would be room.

LTIR does not accrue any cap space, just temporarily.

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison

The issue with Brannstrom is that he is basically a UFA.

Based on what is admissible in an arbitration hearing, he has a strong case to get an arbitration award that is higher than what he would actually get as a UFA, but not high enough for the Senators to walk away from. We see this every off season, where a good player who isn't a star doesn't get qualified because of the nature of arbitration.

Add in the fact that the Senators have burned through so many picks over the last few years, even getting a 4th for Brannstrom could be helpful.

Ideally, they would talk to Brannstrom in the new year and see where he stands in terms of an extension. If they can't agree to a number, or he doesn't want to sign, treat him like a UFA.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Still not enough money, even if he signs QO.
There wasn’t enough money in October if he signed QO, there still isn’t. If Sens have a player on LTIR there would be room.

LTIR does not accrue any cap space, just temporarily.
What if we waive Chartier and send McEwen down; Sign Pinto to 800k / League Minimum? (ignore the lines and pairs if you can)
1702837259787.png

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Norris and McEwen were both taking up spots on IR
Maybe it’s barely possible at QO like you said, but would still need room, especially for road trips.
It’s hard to calculate atm, now that some salaries are here because of LTIR, how much was used against LTIR vs money that wasn’t.

Unless using LTIR all season, will still need to make a move eventually, just for short term injury reasons.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Maybe it’s barely possible at QO like you said, but would still need room, especially for road trips.
It’s hard to calculate atm, now that some salaries are here because of LTIR, how much was used against LTIR vs money that wasn’t.

Unless using LTIR all season, will still need to make a move eventually, just for short term injury reasons.
They would be right up against it but I think there is room .

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
We had Chartier ..Waive him for JBD. We had MacKewen , send him down for Pinto
agree still tight,
and does that not mean, playing a game a player short again like opening night?

If no LTIR and a player on IR or sick or nicked up, we’d be definitely short then.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad