Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
I’m going to regret this but….

Debrincat 1st 15 games last year 4 goals
Kubalik 1st 15 games this season 4 goals

Debrincat 1st 18 games this year 11 goals
Kubalik 1st 18 games last year 9 goals.
I mean this means nothing when you take into account such small sample size

DBC is a high end sniper who can make plays.

Kubalik is not that no matter how much you want it to be true. His game is not good enough to be a top 6 option on a good team

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I mean this means nothing when you take into account such small sample size

DBC is a high end sniper who can make plays.

Kubalik is not that no matter how much you want it to be true. His game is not good enough to be a top 6 option on a good team
I dont agree with this we just saw two teams go to the SCF that had worse players than Kubalik playing in their top 6. He just needs play drivers on his line to be effective. He hasnt played with any players like that in Ottawa so far. I wouldnt mind seeing him get a chance with Stutzle it might maximize his game and skillset, he has a great shot and he does the little things right he just isnt the type of guy that will impose his will on a game.

Debrincat is clearly better but that doesnt mean Kubalik cant be a contributor.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
I dont agree with this we just saw two teams go to the SCF that had worse players than Kubalik playing in their top 6. He just needs play drivers on his line to be effective. He hasnt played with any players like that in Ottawa so far. I wouldnt mind seeing him get a chance with Stutzle it might maximize his game and skillset, he has a great shot and he does the little things right he just isnt the type of guy that will impose his will on a game.

Debrincat is clearly better but that doesnt mean Kubalik cant be a contributor.
Kubalik brings nothing to his game outside of getting in a good spot to shoot where he will convert somtimes. There is a reason why Chicago let him walk ad teams werent willing to pay him top 6 money in free agency

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Kubalik brings nothing to his game outside of getting in a good spot to shoot where he will convert somtimes. There is a reason why Chicago let him walk ad teams werent willing to pay him top 6 money in free agency
He is almost always in the right spots of the ice on both sides of the puck. He gets to pucks quickly too he hasnt been put in a position to succeed with his skillset. Since Chicago did that he has proven to be useful so you're hanging your hat that has since been disproven. He also only makes 2.5 million. The sens just have too many similar type players they need more speed and tenacity. Thats why a player like Joseph has looked so good on this team no matter who he plays with he brings an element they desperately need. Greig also brings this to the table, so did Formenton. Brady brought more of it last couple of years I think he might be hurt. Anyways different players have different skillsets Kubalik, Batherson, Tarasenko, Giroux have alot in common too much of the same thing. Need a worker on each line typically. Need more of that from Norris as well as Tkachuk.

Look at both Florida and Vegas they have workers on every line. Thats why they can spread it out and have an effective 3 scoring line 4 total line attack.

Reactions: scout20 and DrEasy

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Kubalik is useful especially at the cost. Good option to have, doesn’t hurt the team.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
He is almost always in the right spots of the ice on both sides of the puck. He gets to pucks quickly too he hasnt been put in a position to succeed with his skillset. Since Chicago did that he has proven to be useful so you're hanging your hat that has since been disproven. He also only makes 2.5 million. The sens just have too many similar type players they need more speed and tenacity. Thats why a player like Joseph has looked so good on this team no matter who he plays with he brings an element they desperately need. Greig also brings this to the table, so did Formenton. Brady brought more of it last couple of years I think he might be hurt. Anyways different players have different skillsets Kubalik, Batherson, Tarasenko, Giroux have alot in common too much of the same thing. Need a worker on each line typically. Need more of that from Norris as well as Tkachuk.

Look at both Florida and Vegas they have workers on every line. Thats why they can spread it out and have an effective 3 scoring line 4 total line attack.
nah plays like cousins o joseph move up into top 6 roles becase they can play a fast game and can support much better players.

Kubalik is not that. His scoring ability is not good enough and his defensive and overall motor is not good enough for a checking role

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
nah plays like cousins o joseph move up into top 6 roles becase they can play a fast game and can support much better players.

Kubalik is not that. His scoring ability is not good enough and his defensive and overall motor is not good enough for a checking role
You are going to have to do a better job than 'nah'. Brett Howden, Luostorainen, Cousins etc all arent your typicaly top 6 guys but played in those roles. He can be a complimentary player on a scoring line with a line driver. It doesnt appear you have watched him do it in the right situation. He has literally done it.

Reactions: LiseL and Micklebot

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
The larger cap hit rule for guys signed later in the season seems to only apply for multi year deals and potentially one year deals with signing bonuses as far as I can tell. There are a few examples, like Galchenyuk when he signed with Colorado last year, and Athanasiou in 2017, both had cap hits equal to the contract value.

You might be right.

I think Jeff Marek proposed this on one of his radio shows, but for summer reading, we should all sit down and read the CBA.

There is one guy on this forum who clearly has done it. He's got the bad guy from Die Hard as his avatar.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
You might be right.

I think Jeff Marek proposed this on one of his radio shows, but for summer reading, we should all sit down and read the CBA.

There is one guy on this forum who clearly has done it. He's got the bad guy from Die Hard as his avatar.
You're probably thinking of mouser, but Idk what his avatar is off the top of my head.

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
Brady (+) for Draisaitl (signed). Do you do it?

they aren't going to trade Leon for the likes of Batherson or Chabot. But Brady would give them pause.

watching a lot of these good teams, we don't have a player who can settle things down. someone like Barkov, or Matthew Tkachuk. when they get the puck they can slow the play down give their team confidence. we need that, Leon does that.

it also seems like we really only have one 1st liner. Giroux, Norris, Batherson, Brady are tweeners. We need another legit star first liner aside from Stutzle. Because right now if Stutzle isn't going the team is toast.

also this team flat out needs a shakeup in its personnel and its attitude.

ottawagm

May 6, 2023

they aren't going to trade Leon for the likes of Batherson or Chabot. But Brady would give them pause.

watching a lot of these good teams, we don't have a player who can settle things down. someone like Barkov, or Matthew Tkachuk. when they get the puck they can slow the play down give their team confidence. we need that, Leon does that.

it also seems like we really only have one 1st liner. Giroux, Norris, Batherson, Brady are tweeners. We need another legit star first liner aside from Stutzle. Because right now if Stutzle isn't going the team is toast.

No, trade someone else making 8M and just sign Draisaitl when he's a UFA.

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site

No.

Reactions: aragorn

jhutter

Dec 23, 2016
Because this team would go from having poor LW depth to the worst LW depth in the NHL, while bringing in a player 4 years older that doesn't bring the qualities that the forward group requires.

And I'm a big Draisaitl fan.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018

Nope. 13M for a a guy that I think will really slow down terrifies me.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
If we are not firmly in a playoff position soon, sell :

Vladimir Tarasenko for picks/prospects
Dominik Kubalik for a pick
Erik Brannstrom (deadline or draft) for a young cost controlled 2-way forward (ex : Dellandrea?)

UFA market : sign the best 2-way RW with GRIT you can, sign the best RHD defensive D-man with GRIT you can (or might have to go on the trade market for that one), sign another bottom-6 forward good defensively with GRIT (ex : Dickinson?)

Not sure when the new GM (the new coaching staff) comes in but then have to figure out who plays on RD. Chabot? Chychrun? Sanderson? If no one wants or can, then one of Chabot or Chychrun might have to be traded.

One thing for sure, they really need to build a better bottom-6

scout20

Jul 21, 2022
This team needs a heart transplant Trade for Travis Konecny - Batherson, Kubalik & 1st rd pick(Boston or Detroit's) going the other way.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
This team needs a heart transplant Trade for Travis Konecny - Batherson, Kubalik & 1st rd pick(Boston or Detroit's) going the other way.

This team isn’t the Tin Man, it’s the Scarecrow. The problem isn’t heart but brains.

Reactions: GCK

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Perry on waivers to terminate his contract.

I am picking him up and sending Macewen to Serbia.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad