Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
If he's getting his contract terminated I doubt he gets picked up by anyone, there's a reason Chi is dumping him.
You don't think someone will pick him up?

I'm definitely putting my chips on someone grabbing him. He'll be cheap and free and was producing at a decent rate. I guess it's hard to say 100% since we have no clue what actually happened.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
You don't think someone will pick him up?

I'm definitely putting my chips on someone grabbing him. He'll be cheap and free and was producing at a decent rate. I guess it's hard to say 100% since we have no clue what actually happened.
They are terminating his contract so 0% anyone claims him especially at 4 million dollars. Until it is known what happened I doubt anyone signs him. No gm will run the risk of bringing him in and having to terminate again if it comes out he did something bad.

Also it's a giant red flag when the Chicago "we cover up rape" Blackhawks terminate a guy for conduct that is unacceptable. He must have murdered someone.

Reactions: Alf Silfversson

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
No one will claim him.

The only reason to claim him is because you don't think he will sign with you. Teams generally won't want the distraction of forcing a veteran on their team, and him possibly not reporting. It's a waste of time.

If a team thinks he would come in, they won't need to pay him 4M. CHI overpaid to get him. They can also sign him to a contract with performance bonuses that are for the most part fake (10 games played, etc). That can push his cap hit to next year.

They are terminating his contract so 0% anyone claims him especially at 4 million dollars. Until it is known what happened I doubt anyone signs him. No gm will run the risk of bringing him in and having to terminate again if it comes out he did something bad.

Also it's a giant red flag when the Chicago "we cover up rape" Blackhawks terminate a guy for conduct that is unacceptable. He must have murdered someone.

I'd probably go the opposite direction, that they know they are under such scrutiny based on their previous failure to act that they would be more likely to terminate a guy for something that maybe another team might think about trying to let play out.

With that said, if they are terminating his contract, it has to be a mother of an issue. I don't think they'd do it for nothing.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
I'd probably go the opposite direction, that they know they are under such scrutiny based on their previous failure to act that they would be more likely to terminate a guy for something that maybe another team might think about trying to let play out.

With that said, if they are terminating his contract, it has to be a mother of an issue. I don't think they'd do it for nothing.
giphy.gif

Reactions: DrEasy

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon

Sorry I definitely didn't mean take him off waivers for the current salary, I meant down the line after contract termination.

I guess we may never find out. It's hard to trust that organization, but I do see the argument they may actually be overcautious and that could mean its something egregious.

I mean, if that silly rumor were true, I don't really see the problem and would expect him to get a deal somewhere, but obviously that rumor is nonsense.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
Sorry I definitely didn't mean take him off waivers for the current salary, I meant down the line after contract termination.

I guess we may never find out. It's hard to trust that organization, but I do see the argument they may actually be overcautious and that could mean its something egregious.

I mean, if that silly rumor were true, I don't really see the problem and would expect him to get a deal somewhere, but obviously that rumor is nonsense.
Yes, I would welcome Cory Perry, depending on what he did. We could obviously use a player like that in our lineup. However, having your contract terminated by a bottom-of-the-barrel team when you were producing is a giant red flag.

Reactions: NB613 and Micklebot

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Yes, I would welcome Cory Perry, depending on what he did. We could obviously use a player like that in our lineup. However, having your contract terminated by a bottom-of-the-barrel team when you were producing is a giant red flag.
Fair point. And we may never get to find out either.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
Fair point. And we may never get to find out either.
No, we may not, but I can't see a team taking a flyer on someone who had their contract terminated for conduct that is unacceptable, so until we know what the issue was, I don't think Perry is in the cards for us or anyone for that matter.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
No, we may not, but I can't see a team taking a flyer on someone who had their contract terminated for conduct that is unacceptable, so until we know what the issue was, I don't think Perry is in the cards for us or anyone for that matter.
Well little point for a non playoff team to add a guy like that anyways, so in the context of the Senators, the team has got a long ways to go before that makes sense.

This is just wild in general. And of course it's the Blackhawks with their very poor recent history. Most seem to assume their history means this is 100% legit, so maybe I'm still stuck in my bias doubting them for covering up rape.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
Well little point for a non playoff team to add a guy like that anyways, so in the context of the Senators, the team has got a long ways to go before that makes sense.

This is just wild in general. And of course it's the Blackhawks with their very poor recent history. Most seem to assume their history means this is 100% legit, so maybe I'm still stuck in my bias doubting them for covering up rape.
Ya f***, Chicago. Perry, the player, would be a good addition to this group right now, especially after that Florida debacle. It is still early enough to turn this thing around, and a spark plug player like that could help breathe some life into this team. I'm not saying Perry would put us over the top, make us contenders, or anything, but it's obvious this team needs a bit of fire injected into it. Perry would be a great mentor for Greig to help teach him to be a nasty, annoying asshole to play against.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Ya f***, Chicago. Perry, the player, would be a good addition to this group right now, especially after that Florida debacle. It is still early enough to turn this thing around, and a spark plug player like that could help breathe some life into this team. I'm not saying Perry would put us over the top, make us contenders, or anything, but it's obvious this team needs a bit of fire injected into it. Perry would be a great mentor for Greig to help teach him to be a nasty, annoying asshole to play against.
Ya good point, he seems like the kind of guy that would walk in and start calling bullshit on day one.

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
What's wrong with two consenting adults being intimate? Nothing.
This isn't the reason for Perry's contract termination.

Just because a team terminates a contract does not mean that the reason for termination will withstand legal scrutiny. Look at the Evander Kane situation as an example. But they might know that Perry is likely to appeal to get his money, and they want to terminate for other political reasons related to whatever the incident might be, to show whoever the affected stakeholders are which side they unanimously are on. If they simply send him home, it leaves things murky and is not as definitive as cutting ties.

If the contract termination is the one unverified rumor that rhymes with weeping with Bedard's brother, then the termination makes sense even if they think they will have to settle with Perry. Bedard is their franchise player, so if you're the Blackhawks, you want to go scorched earth to show him that you don't condone what may or may not have happened because it's only an unverified rumour on Twitter.

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
Just because a team terminates a contract does not mean that the reason for termination will withstand legal scrutiny. Look at the Evander Kane situation as an example. But they might know that Perry is likely to appeal to get his money, and they want to terminate for other political reasons related to whatever the incident might be, to show whoever the affected stakeholders are which side they unanimously are on. If they simply send him home, it leaves things murky and is not as definitive as cutting ties.

If the contract termination is the one unverified rumor that rhymes with weeping with Bedard's brother, then the termination makes sense even if they think they will have to settle with Perry. Bedard is their franchise player, so if you're the Blackhawks, you want to go scorched earth to show him that you don't condone what may or may not have happened because it's only an unverified rumour on Twitter.

Condone? Is Bedard going to be upset at his mom as well in this hypothetical scenario?

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
So the Canucks trade Beauvillier to the Hawks for a 5th and get the Hawks to take all of his salary. Obviously the Hawks needed a warm body veteran forward given recent developments. We could have sent them Kubalik, but obviously we were asleep at the switch...

ottawagm

May 6, 2023
So the Canucks trade Beauvillier to the Hawks for a 5th and get the Hawks to take all of his salary. Obviously the Hawks needed a warm body veteran forward given recent developments. We could have sent them Kubalik, but obviously we were asleep at the switch...
Does Staios even know how to make a trade?

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Pierre Dorion didn't, but that didn't stop him from making like 100 of them.
Ya the classic one was the Hamonic trade. Nucks requested a 4th rounder from us, but we don't have a 4th, so we'll give you our 3rd rounder instead.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
Ya the classic one was the Hamonic trade. Nucks requested a 4th rounder from us, but we don't have a 4th, so we'll give you our 3rd rounder instead.
#1 for me is signing Mark Stone to a 1-year contract, walking him to UFA, then trading him at the deadline for cents on the dollar and saying, "it's my proudest day as a GM."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad