GDT: Free Agency: Dr Strangedubas or How We Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Nerd

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
These all look pretty fair to me.

I'd bump Jarry up but it wouldn't go anything above a C. Nieto and Acciari are both solid adds and I really like the Graves addition.
Yeah I don't really view Nieto/Acc as needle movers but I'll be pleasantly surprised if they are.

Probably overpaid by 750k for Jarry and too much term

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I don't think I like any of the new acquisitions. At least not in terms of looking at them as upgrades over what we needed. Maybe Acciari because he brings something our bottom six could use, but the rest range from "meh" to "oh f*** off".
Graves for Dumo is the biggest update…otherwise he moved deck chairs in the bottom six and did nothing to improve the goaltending

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
Go rewatch any playoff series with Graves.

He's going to be this board's least favorite player by January.

Well. Actually Eller.

Lamo if you think Graves will be as bad as Dumo. He is the number 4 and got number 4 salary. Probably to long term but i dont think its an awful contract. Hes got really good zone exits and entries.

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
The difference between Hanifin and Graves is like the difference between the desert and the ocean.
You literally said Hanifin sucks last week. Is he better now or do you think that poorly of Graves? Lol

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I'm fine with Graves, but that's literally it--either don't care or hate the other signings. Smith is decent too, but I think people are expecting a whole lot more than he's gonna be if they think he's gonna be anything more than a 45-50pt guy. :laugh:
I didn't include Smith because that was a trade. I meant specifically about the FA signings today. I liked the Smith trade.

Reactions: Big Friggin Dummy

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
These are my expectations with what we currently have:

Even-strength offense: About the same. It's unlikely we're 31st at shooting again, so just by virtue of the law of averages, guys will find the net more. That shit fluctuates year to year.

Even-strength defense: Definite improvement, especially on the blue line. This bottom six should be pretty stingy.

Power Play: About the same. I expect PP1 to be slightly better but PP2 being much worse.

Penalty Kill: Fat improvement. Eller and Smith are excellent. Little worried about the D-men there, but I expect Jarry to be better and off-set that.

Goaltending: I like the insurance if we're going with 3 NHL caliber goalies. I expect improvement from Jarry statistically, but not necessarily availability-wise. Overall it should be easier to close out games next year.

Reactions: pensfan71

The Grim Reaper

Apr 18, 2017
Hobart, Tasmania
Some on this board are just insane and have unrealistic expectations.

“We’re doomed. Done. Cooked. Why didn’t Dubas bring in Draisaitl? God dammit were the Pens, who doesn’t want to play here? Fire Dubas!”

Some of you are in for a rude awakening over the next 6 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad