GDT: Free Agency: Dr Strangedubas or How We Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Nerd

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lustaf

Nov 26, 2008
Victoria, BC
He talked about Petry being a huge piece moving forward, and Granlund improving here next year.
Karlsson's not happening.
You don't shit talk your players or say yea I'm trying to move them and haven't been able to yet to the public.

That would completely destroy any leverage you have and upset the players.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Also, I think Dubas is clearly just posturing when it comes to the goal situation. He said that Blomqvist and Gauthier are both going to be in WBS and he wants to add another goalie to push the other goalies. If you keep DeSmith while bringing in another Tokarski type of guy, neither Blomqvist or Guathier will be getting enough ice time in WBS.

I think it's a very safe bet that they'll just end up trading DeSmith for like a 6th and then he'll sign a guy like Tokarski to sit in the AHL. Combine that with a Carter trade and they're sitting comfortably below the cap limit.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
I wish someone would have asked him about Carter, because the way he spoke about Granlund makes me think Granlund will be sticking around.

If you can pay someone to take Carter, you're completely set with the cap. After re-signing O'Connor and Smith, they would have about $1 million to add one more forward to the bottom-6. That's with Nedjelkovic in the AHL.
Of course Granlund is staying. Dubas has tried to get him before.
If someone needs to be off-loaded I got my eye on Rutta, not that I'd be happy with it.

I'd be very surprised if Carter agrees to move his family again, but here's hoping.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Of course Granlund is staying. Dubas has tried to get him before.
If someone needs to be off-loaded I got my eye on Rutta, not that I'd be happy with it.

I'd be very surprised if Carter agrees to move his family again, but here's hoping.

Honestly I don't see any reason to believe that Carter is so married to Pittsburgh that he'd refuse to move elsewhere.

The dude has 1 year left in the NHL and is then going to be out of the league.

Reactions: AuroraBorealis

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
It's hard to be let down when you didn't have any expectations to begin with.
Precisely. I'm just bummed Jarry's here for the long haul cuz Jarry's a trash option who has failed to step up once. But he was the familiar option, and we all knew it was coming, whether we admit it publicly or not.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Take off the blinders and put down the Harry Potter magical potion. If Hextall made all of these same decisions, everyone would have their pitch forks ready.
He has made good moves. The only questionable one is the term for Jarry

We were never going to sign Duchene

We were never going to sign ROR

We were never going to get EK63

Reactions: Rave7215

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Also, I think Dubas is clearly just posturing when it comes to the goal situation. He said that Blomqvist and Gauthier are both going to be in WBS and he wants to add another goalie to push the other goalies. If you keep DeSmith while bringing in another Tokarski type of guy, neither Blomqvist or Guathier will be getting enough ice time in WBS.

I think it's a very safe bet that they'll just end up trading DeSmith for like a 6th and then he'll sign a guy like Tokarski to sit in the AHL. Combine that with a Carter trade and they're sitting comfortably below the cap limit.
Did he confirm the Nedeljkovic signing at that presser? Or was that pending and that was the goalie he said he was seeking?

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
I like the Smith trade and the Graves and Nieto signings. Acciari seems like an ok add. I also approve of letting most of the free agents walk. Not a huge fan of the Eller deal but I like the player so I can live with it. The Jarry deal scares me.

Reactions: Rave7215 and Lustaf

Lara Emily

Jul 5, 2013
I'll tell you what, I get not showing your hand when trying to make deals, but if this really is their lineup minus some guys getting dealt for cap reasons, I don't know if they're that much better of a team than last year.
They are as much as they can be

Graves is way better than Dumolin

Riley Smith is a great pickup and they have real nhl players in the mix in the bottom 6.

Reactions: Lustaf

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
I think goalie situation was simply to expensive to trade for or to sign for a large AAV. Look they know Jarry so they must feel with a better D and bottom 6 he can be a very good goalie. The moves to upgrade the bottom 6 is flip a coin but it is better than last years mess. He made the call on Jarry and adding Graves, is a significant upgrade at LD. Smith will bring a good 2 way game at LW and Pens have to move Granlund for cap space and DeSmith can go down for a million of space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad