GDT: Free Agency: Dr Strangedubas or How We Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Nerd

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

pensfan71

Jun 9, 2010
So then make up the difference. Had we bought out Granlund, we would have had plenty of cash.
lol...yes, let's hold him hostage and FORCE him to sign to a team that has always had difficulty attracting star FAs and is declining compared to a cup contender. Of course, genius!

MayorofWBS

Apr 14, 2015
Mars
Karlsson could be a kessel like addition. Last time that happened, we won 2 cups. Sid and Geno need that third big threat. Normally it’d come as a wing. But karlsson could have provided that,
What year do you think it is??????????????

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I mean, at least Chicago actually has a plan.

What is the plan with this roster?

It's honestly hilarious to see people defend this roster over what we ran last year.

Well to be fair it's a lot easier to have a plan when you just drafted the consensus best guy in what is considered a great draft.

I'm not defending anything. I guess I'm just not really surprised after witnessing this team's posture last couple weeks.

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
In a vacuum, the Eller deal is fine, but reality isn't a vacuum. but he strikes me as a small complimentary piece that will not get the team any closer to winning a cup. If Crosby and Malkin were in their 20s and 34 year old Eller was going to be the 4C, i'd like it a lot more...

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
lol...yes, let's hold him hostage and FORCE him to sign to a team that has always had difficulty attracting star FAs and is declining compared to a cup contender. Of course, genius!
Let’s continue to try to make excuses for our GM that literally pooped his pants today.

Reactions: farscape1

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015

It's honestly hilarious to see people defend this roster over what we ran last year.
I dunno, Graves over Dumo is worth a few points right? Acciari over Carter aswell, if they move Carter.

But a lot of teams got waaaaaay better. These marginal improvements mean nothing when Carolina, New Jersey, Columbus are adding big names.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I would think the Pens are going to do a cap dump trade. His contract makes it difficult but the obvious choice is Carter.

I agree, I think Carter is the obvious guy to get moved out here. With adding Eller and Acciari while also keeping Granlund, any sort of utility Carter may offer is just absent.

I think they're still going to end up adding another 3rd liner. I'm anticipating DeSmith and Carter out (yes, I know that Dubas said he wanted to keep all of them but he's not going to) and them adding another 3rd liner.

Ends up with the Penguins running with:

Guentzel-Crosby-Rakell
Smith-Malkin-Rust
Free Agent-Eller-Granlund
O'Connor-Acciari-Nieto
Nylander

Graves-Letang
Pettersson-Petry
POJ-Rutta
Smith-Ruhwedel

Jarry-Nedjelkovic

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC

It's a slight upgrade but not a playoff roster. But I also don't see us making the playoffs as long as Sully is here.

Reactions: Andy99

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Well to be fair it's a lot easier to have a plan when you just drafted the consensus best guy in what is considered a great draft.

I'm not defending anything. I guess I'm just not really surprised after witnessing this team's posture last couple weeks.

It's just hilarious to me that Penguins fans are looking at these signings and not seeing exactly the same finger prints of the signings we've made with Rutherford and Hextall.

Lustaf

Nov 26, 2008
Victoria, BC
Tsn said Canes are finishing the trade with Philly come July 9th or so, once it's been a full year to appease the NHL.

So if that's the case and the three teams that were reported the most pressing on EK, we're them, Pens and Krarken.

I'd say their is still a chance.

Dubas didn't say we looked didn't work out. He said anytime a player of that calibre is available he's going to look into it. Also threw out that he doesn't want to get in trouble with the league.

That plus saying you can't just look at cap friendly and say we're over.

They've got more cooking.

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
Guentzel-Crosby-Rakell
Smith-Malkin-Rust
??-Acciari-O'Connor
Nieto-Eller-Nylander

Graves-Letang
Pettersson-Karlsson
Joseph-Rutta

Defense is awesome, top six is good. 4th line is good. Third line and goaltending????

(I am aware it is extreme wishful thinking)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad