GDT: Free Agency: Dr Strangedubas or How We Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Nerd

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
The EK65 thing reads to me like "He's a very good player and all of us in the war room agreed he'd be a great fit but it's hard to make something like that work on the fly when the previous GM saddled me with $8+ million in dead cap with Carter and Granlund, and we'd have to find a place for a 36 year old Petry making $6.2 million for another two years." :laugh:

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
Dubas says they dont see themselves as over the cap right now. He doesnt want to share how because that gets rid of their competitive advantage....Um what does that even mean

Reactions: domaug

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
Who are these better options than Jarry that the Penguins decided to not bring in?
How should any of us know what trades and siginings were considered but didn't materialize? The point is giving a 5 years contract to a goalie who has not shown anything when it really matters and is injury plagued to boot is dangerously close to the definition of insanity.

Reactions: ericstrat1

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Man Eller for 2.4 and Duchene for 3... Just don't get it. Find someone else to pk.
Duchene very clearly took a steep discount to play on a team like Dallas, who was just in the WCF, and have a bunch of young, great players. I doubt he's signing for $3 million to a team that missed the playoffs entirely, hasn't seen the 2nd round since 2018, and has a roster pockmarked with 36 year olds. :laugh:

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Karlsson could be a kessel like addition. Last time that happened, we won 2 cups. Sid and Geno need that third big threat. Normally it’d come as a wing. But karlsson could have provided that,
That was when our core was in its prime and we had cheap kids like Jake.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
If you look at this roster, name me one player that is going to out perform his contract.

Every single player is locked in at either fair value or over paid. f***ing joke.
I can see Acciari, Nieto, Graves maybe, Rakell, Malkin, Sid and Guentzel outplaying their cap hit.

Obviously Pettersson too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad