GDT: Free Agency: Dr Strangedubas or How We Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Nerd

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
If I am Geno/Crosby/Malkin I'm not too excited right now.

Sure we filled some spots but Smith is a lateral move at best to Zucker.

I'll give Graves the benefit of the doubt over Dumo but expectations there aren't too high, Graves I thought looked pretty weak in the playoffs. Our 4th line is better but WTF.

I will reserve judgement as some moves look like they still need to be made but if anyone is excited right now heading into season I guess I'm happy for you.

Reactions: Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I hate to say it but I agree. He's building a team for Sully. Despite the fact the most successful teams use depth to win we're going old school. Bottom 6 getting 80%+ defensive starts and hoping an aging top 6 can carry them because it worked so well last year.
Exactly…the team our stale coach wants…can’t wait to miss the POs again and have him get another 5 year contract extension lol

Reactions: Pens x and Nfumass

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
I had Dubas pegged as measured and analytical. But he's kinda been all over the place today. Yea the team's slightly better but not sure what to make of him here.

Reactions: Darren McCord

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
"Petry is a huge part of the plan heading into the season. Plays 2nd pairing minutes behind Letang--very important for us."

Well pixies is rocking a hate boner right now.

"It's up to us as a team and Granlund to get back up to the level he's been at in the past." :laugh:
* last time he was good was when he was in Minnesota*

There's no hope with Granlund. He's sucked for years. Sucks that Dubas doesn't know that.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
I guess we’re going late 2000s Detroit style with this team of mostly 30+ years olds. The only thing is Kris Letang isn’t anywhere close to Lidstrom at the same age. Now if they somehow pulled off a miracle and landed EK, there could be something there.

If it was 2008.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
If I am Geno/Crosby/Malkin I'm not too excited right now.

Sure we filled some spots but Smith is a lateral move at best to Zucker.

I'll give Graves the benefit of the doubt over Dumo but expectations there aren't too high, Graves I thought looked pretty weak in the playoffs
. Our 4th line is better but WTF.

I will reserve judgement as some moves look like they still need to be made but if anyone is excited right now heading into season I guess I'm happy for you.

Smith and Graves are clearly better than Zucker and Dumoulin.

The only issues were giving too much to Jarry and signing Eller.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I guess we’re going late 2000s Detroit style with this team of mostly 30+ years olds. The only thing is Kris Letang isn’t anywhere close to Lidstrom at the same age. Now if they somehow pulled off a miracle and landed EK, there could be something there.

If it was 2008.

This team is terrible.

Somehow Dubas made a worse roster than what we ran last year.

There is literally no player that can potentially have a huge upside for us.

Reactions: canadianguy77

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
I don't think anything Dubas says here is the truth. Let's say for example he is shopping Petry, he's not gonna say that. Or if he's working on a complicated three way deal for Karlsson, he's not gonna say anything about it before it's done. The roster and cap is so all over the place, and that's before he signs some other goalie, that there needs to be a signficant trade.

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
Maybe no one young wants to sign here because we're old and they know we'll suck-ish
Graves is 28. That's as young as you're going to get through UFA with few exceptions. The idea was to leverage the cap space in some trades for players that aren't UFAs but that went out went the window pretty quickly.

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
So we're likely looking at...

Guentzel-Crosby-Rakell
Smith-Malkin-Rust
Nieto-Eller-Granlund
O'Connor-Acciari-Carter
(Nylander)

Graves-Letang
Pettersson-Petry
Joseph-Ruutta
(Smith)

Jarry
Desmith
(Nedelkovic...?)

Jobeycool

Jun 20, 2019
They lie and they are good at it.... might see any Grandlund, Petry, maybe Rust, maybe Guentzel gone tomorrow..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad