GDT: Free Agency: Dr Strangedubas or How We Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Nerd

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
I've followed the team for 30 years but since someone called me out for not liking my teams moves on an internet message board I'm shamed into choosing another. :laugh:
Never said you can’t dislike moves. Some people are on the verge of a mental breakdown, haha.

MayorofWBS

Apr 14, 2015
Mars
Can't wait to have a top draft pick next summer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
goodfellas-henry-hill.gif

Does Harry Potter think it's 2016? What a joke of an offseason. If you are going to load up on crap at least give the turds a single year contract. The nail is in the coffin and Dubas just poured a cement all around it.

Reactions: Nfumass

Lara Emily

Jul 5, 2013
Eller is fine but this team badly needs to get younger. Why keep adding guys in their mid 30s?
Because where do you get younger players without giving up futures they don't want to give up because they're basically just trying to wring out as much milk from the end of the Crosby/Malkin/Letang era as possible and want to be ready to rebuild.

Jobeycool

Jun 20, 2019
So he is not done yet fixing this teams depth problems.. whatever they feel the depth problems all are.

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
Again, go ask Montreal how replacing Price with Allen has gone for them.
Montreal was a shit team carried by an elite goalie.. The Penguins situation is a little bit different - they need a decent starter who won't be injured or terrible in Match and April. We saw so many goalie changes in these year's playoffs, showing once again that teams shouldn't be that afraid to try something different. Heck, Dubas' previous team finally got over the hump with bargain bin Samsonov. A guy traded for a 4th round pick was stellar in goal for Vegas, etc.

So yeah, I don't think finding an alternative to Jarry is that much of an impossible. Worst case scenario the alternative is terrible and the Penguins start tanking earlier than expected. :) Is that so much worse than gunning for the 9th spot or a quick first round exit with Mr Injured Unclutch in goal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad