GDT: Free Agency: Dr Strangedubas or How We Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Nerd

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Montreal was a shit team carried by an elite goalie.. The Penguins situation is a little bit different - they need a decent starter who won't be injured or terrible in Match and April. We saw so many goalie changes in these year's playoffs, showing once again that teams shouldn't be that afraid to try something different. Heck, Dubas' previous team finally got over the hump with bargain bin Samsonov. A guy traded for a 4th round pick was stellar in goal for Vegas, etc.

So yeah, I don't think finding an alternative to Jarry is that much of an impossible. Worst case scenario the alternative is terrible and the Penguins start tanking earlier than expected. :) Is that so much worse than gunning for the 9th spot or a quick first round exit with Mr Injured Unclutch in goal?

And there was no one available that was a better option for that than Jarry

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
I mean Dubas is straight up lying. The team cant get cap compliant without a trade right now. Just sending down CDS isnt enough. If they ran with 12F 6D 2G that leaves them with around 400-500k in space.

Reactions: Darren McCord

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
I never thought the plan was more scoring in the bottom 6 it was less being trash defensively
I hate to say it but I agree. He's building a team for Sully. Despite the fact the most successful teams use depth to win we're going old school. Bottom 6 getting 80%+ defensive starts and hoping an aging top 6 can carry them because it worked so well last year.

Reactions: Andy99

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
"Petry is a huge part of the plan heading into the season. Plays 2nd pairing minutes behind Letang--very important for us."

Well pixies is rocking a hate boner right now.

"It's up to us as a team and Granlund to get back up to the level he's been at in the past." :laugh:

• Love
Reactions: Borgir and Pens x

domaug

Play Virtua Fighter, let's go Pens
Sep 28, 2017
up de Eynon
I'll tell you what, I get not showing your hand when trying to make deals, but if this really is their lineup minus some guys getting dealt for cap reasons, I don't know if they're that much better of a team than last year.

Reactions: Shady Machine

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Lars Eller is washed up. Felt like there were so many good value deals out there that other teams got.

I don't really like either bottom 6 signing. More bland and vanilla.
Our coach loves bland and vanilla…where do you think the signings are coming from lol

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
1688246193977.png

I am dissapoint

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
I mean Dubas is straight up lying. The team cant get cap compliant without a trade right now. Just sending down CDS isnt enough. If they ran with 12F 6D 2G that leaves them with around 400-500k in space.

Ya do people expect him to just say the players are trash and I am trying to trade them

Reactions: Lustaf
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad