GDT: Free Agency: Dr Strangedubas or How We Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Nerd

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

pensfan71

Jun 9, 2010
These are my expectations with what we currently have:

Even-strength offense: About the same. It's unlikely we're 31st at shooting again, so just by virtue of the law of averages, guys will find the net more. That shit fluctuates year to year.

Even-strength defense: Definite improvement, especially on the blue line. This bottom six should be pretty stingy.

Power Play: About the same. I expect PP1 to be slightly better but PP2 being much worse.

Penalty Kill: Fat improvement. Eller and Smith are excellent. Little worried about the D-men there, but I expect Jarry to be better and off-set that.

Goaltending: I like the insurance if we're going with 3 NHL caliber goalies. I expect improvement from Jarry statistically, but not necessarily availability-wise. Overall it should be easier to close out games next year.
Agree completely...plus improving PK alone should net us +ve wins

Reactions: AuroraBorealis

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
Everyone wanted size. I believe besides Jarry everyone we signed is over 200 pounds. Not sure if that factored into Dubas decision making or not.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Some on this board are just insane and have unrealistic expectations.

“We’re doomed. Done. Cooked. Why didn’t Dubas bring in Draisaitl? God dammit were the Pens, who doesn’t want to play here? Fire Dubas!”

Some of you are in for a ride awakening over the next 6 years.
Rip off the damn band aid and start the rebuild. This half ass approach is awful, and so tiring.

Reactions: farscape1

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
As fun as it is to be overly dramatic, today didn't matter. This team was never gonna pull itself out of the half-decade long tailspin it's been in with how much shit JR/Hextall did, and how little available assets they had at their disposal. The thing that sucks is that they went safe. They didn't crater the team, they didn't torpedo Sid/Geno's final years--that shit's been decided for years.

People acting like this team was gonna walk out of today with moves like adding Duchene or Ullmark or Orlov are just delusional. They're lost in the "Oh boy oh gee, Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin!" sauce and still believe this team had a chance to make noise. Nobody worth a damn was gonna lock into a team that's been dead in the water for years with a roster this old (and no prospects worth a damn to come in and make a difference).

Still, f*** Jarry. :laugh: I don't care what the numbers say, or that it was the expected result--keeping the dude around sucks because he's as un-clutch as they come.

Reactions: farscape1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad