GDT: Free Agency: Dr Strangedubas or How We Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Nerd

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Something does have to give. Our bottom six kind of has a logjam right now with the Eller, Acciari, and Nieto signings to go along with Carter, DOC and Granlund returning. Unless the plan is to use those six as our bottom six, in which case I guess we can look forward to another 14th overall pick next June.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Something does have to give. Our bottom six kind of has a logjam right now with the Eller, Acciari, and Nieto signings to go along with Carter, DOC and Granlund returning. Unless the plan is to use those six as our bottom six, in which case I guess we can look forward to another 14th overall pick next June.
Probably higher than 14…that’s the oldest bottom Six in the league supporting the oldest top Six…Dubas has been very disappointing

Reactions: eXile3 and Nfumass

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
UMMMM who were they signing instead ??
No one. If these intellectual superior GMs you hold in so high regard would look at the history of UFA signings they would realize how ill advised it is to hand out these contracts.

Maybe sit back and wait for other teams to use their cap space and get some bargain deals on some vets but otherwise you don't rebuild a team through high priced contracts on mid players entering the declining stages of their careers.

But I don't have any GM experience so what do I know?

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
Well…that was interesting to wake up to.

Top 6 and top 4 improved. Jarry back….nedjelkovic? Hmmm

Our 4th line is certainly set…

I hope dubas has at least one more trick up his sleeve to move granlund and carter for an actual good 3rd line player or two.

Would’ve been nice if duchene or ror were interested in Pitt.

Eller has always annoyed me as an opponent, but does he have foot speed? Everyone else signed seems to.

Josey Wales

May 16, 2022
No one. If these intellectual superior GMs you hold in so high regard would look at the history of UFA signings they would realize how ill advised it is to hand out these contracts.

Maybe sit back and wait for other teams to use their cap space and get some bargain deals on some vets but otherwise you don't rebuild a team through high priced contracts on mid players entering the declining stages of their careers.

But I don't have any GM experience so what do I know?
Hahahahaha SOO typical no answer

He would help the team less than Nieto or DOC? That's hard to believe.
He is DOGSHIT

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Probably higher than 14…that’s the oldest bottom Six in the league supporting the oldest top Six…Dubas has been very disappointing
I like the Acciari signing because he actually adds an element this bottom six lacks. But the rest of the signings are meh and I'm not happy with tying the remainder of Sid and Geno's careers to Jarry.

Reactions: cygnus47 and Andy99

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
I'm willing to bet Wheeler wanted to play in NY. Rangers get a ton of players just because of the allure of the city.

Reactions: AuroraBorealis

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

I think we see 2 moves with the bottom-6:

1. Either Granlund or Carter moved out for cap space
2. Either Smith or POJ swapped for a comparable forward

I think they're currently sitting with:

XXXXXX-Eller-Granlund
O'Connor-Acciari-Nieto
Carter-Nylander

Reactions: orby
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events