GDT: Free Agency: Dr Strangedubas or How We Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Nerd

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

FunkySeeFunkyDo

Aug 3, 2014
These are my expectations with what we currently have:

Even-strength offense: About the same. It's unlikely we're 31st at shooting again, so just by virtue of the law of averages, guys will find the net more. That shit fluctuates year to year.

Even-strength defense: Definite improvement, especially on the blue line. This bottom six should be pretty stingy.

Power Play: About the same. I expect PP1 to be slightly better but PP2 being much worse.

Penalty Kill: Fat improvement. Eller and Smith are excellent. Little worried about the D-men there, but I expect Jarry to be better and off-set that.

Goaltending: I like the insurance if we're going with 3 NHL caliber goalies. I expect improvement from Jarry statistically, but not necessarily availability-wise. Overall it should be easier to close out games next year.
But Sid and Geno were healthy last year. They need to do that again.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Honestly I'm surprised at the reception I've seen elsewhere from the Eller signing. It is getting praised much more on places that isn't HFPens.

Josey Wales

May 16, 2022
It's actually the right answer but it's pretty obvious you're not open to honest dialogue and would rather just complain about other complaining which is weird.
It's actually the right answer but it's pretty obvious you're not open to honest dialogue and would rather just complain about other complaining which is weird.
Yes the right answer is shit there with your thumbs up your ass & click your heels together & wait for a miracle

Freeptop

Jun 17, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Could be worse. At least the Pens are changing the roster a bit. Lamoriello is apparently determined to lock up a team that missed the playoffs for the long term.

• Haha
Reactions: 66-30-33

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
California is an amazing place to live if you are a big time rich guy.
Pretty much everywhere is, but yeah, there are places that are just on another level once you're rich as shit.

NYC sucks, but NYC making millions is probably real cool.

Reactions: orby

Pengu

Jun 24, 2016
wtf is Dubas going to to do about the cap? he'll get fleeced now that the team is over....

Reactions: Pens x

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Honestly I'm surprised at the reception I've seen elsewhere from the Eller signing. It is getting praised much more on places that isn't HFPens.
Pens Facebook likes it? Cool. It’s good they took a break from praising Sully.

Trade

Guentzel is ELITE
Apr 13, 2015
I’m actually super optimistic about Acciari. He’s not tall, but he’s built like a soda machine and his nose is the shape of a crescent moon.

Just seems like a hardnosed bastard

Reactions: PensandCaps

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I think we see 2 moves with the bottom-6:

1. Either Granlund or Carter moved out for cap space
2. Either Smith or POJ swapped for a comparable forward

I think they're currently sitting with:

XXXXXX-Eller-Granlund
O'Connor-Acciari-Nieto
Carter-Nylander
I wouldn't even mind a "checking line" of Nieto-Eller-Acciari. But the other line needs massive revamping. Do not want to see Carter/Granlund/DOC as either a second checking line or as an offensive third line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad