GDT: Free Agency: Dr Strangedubas or How We Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Nerd

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
Do you really think he can repeat anywhere near that? If yes, I'd like to sell you some land.

This year was such outlier over the last 5 year.
If he's healthy then yes he could probably put up a ppg or better.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I like that Dubas didn't sign any outright bad players. A little lukewarm on Eller and TJ.

I think some of y'all mistakenly got your hopes up for a way flashier off season than this. Once the Pens committed to not trading their picks/prospects, this was always gonna be how things turned out. Half-in/half out. Not what I would do, but it's the choice they've made.

I think that given the constraints that Dubas put himself under (aka not moving young assets) he did the best he could, and better than Hextall would have.

I have no real complaints other than that I wish the Pens would have picked a lane instead of being wishy/washy about what they want to do.

MayorofWBS

Apr 14, 2015
Mars
Karlsson just had 100 plus points??
It's such an outlier over the last 5 years for him!!!!!! He's not going to repeat this lightening in the bottle season. I love how Penguins fans still think over the hill Sid and Geno will somehow elevate everyone around them.

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
I like that Dubas didn't sign any outright bad players. A little lukewarm on Eller and TJ.

I think some of y'all mistakenly got your hopes up for a way flashier off season than this. Once the Pens committed to not trading their picks/prospects, this was always gonna be how things turned out. Half-in/half out. Not what I would do, but it's the choice they've made.

I think that given the constraints that Dubas put himself under (aka not moving young assets) he did the best he could, and better than Hextall would have.

I have no real complaints other than that I wish the Pens would have picked a lane instead of being wishy/washy about what they want to do.
Yeah, its not a disaster, just kind of underwhelming. I'd give us a C+ as of 6:30 on the first day of free agency. If Dubas somehow pulls EK, now thats a game changer.

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
It's such an outlier over the last 5 years for him!!!!!! He's not going to repeat this lightening in the bottle season. I love how Penguins fans still think over the hill Sid and Geno will somehow elevate everyone around them.
The attractive part of Karlsson is that he would elevate THEM, especially on the powerplay.

Reactions: Lustaf and wheelz87

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019

Yeah, as much fun as it is to be dramatic, today was whatever. He didn't torpedo the team like JR and Hextall were wont to do.

The bottom-6 ain't gonna score in bunches but hopefully they're not hemorrhaging chances and goals against. Graves in for Dumo is good. Jarry's trash but the shiniest garbage bag on the pile, or so I'm told.

In the end, whatever. Who cares? More of the same. Anybody acting like the Pens are greatly improves, or dramatically worse, is being silly. They'll be a borderline playoff team again, cuz that's all they're gonna be anymore until Sid makes the decision for them and retires, sparking the tear down and rebuild years.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
1688251251927.png

Bottom six last year versus this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad