GDT: Free Agency: Dr Strangedubas or How We Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Nerd

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Eller, Granlund and Carter are all fairly poor possession players.

Knowing Sullivan they will play more than Nieto, Acciari, and DOC or Nylander.
It's a start. Hopefully granlund still gets moved.

I wanted more but like I said when you won't move young assets this is what you get. Can't get good young talent without drafting or trading for it.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
It's a start. Hopefully granlund still gets moved.

I wanted more but like I said when you won't move young assets this is what you get. Can't get good young talent without drafting or trading for it.

I'd rather have taken a risk on DOC, Poehling and Acciari as our fourth line and then just ran with Carter, Granlund and a better contract.

Reactions: Pancakes

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Well I mean if Todddddddddd said Ellers was a good idea I'm sure he must be.

I guess at least if the bottom six is going to get buried every night it's not the worst ideas to have some coal miners down there. I've been complaining for years that trying to pretend that this team can run three scoring lines with Sullivan's usage is dumb.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ

I guess at least if the bottom six is going to get buried every night it's not the worst ideas to have some coal miners down there. I've been complaining for years that trying to pretend that this team can run three scoring lines with Sullivan's usage is dumb.
This is, yet again, basically the team that Sully wants. People will bitch and moan about how the great Dubas betrayed them, but it’s pretty clear after 3 different GMs go out of their way to get these players, this is what Sullivan wants.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012

Yeah for the first time in years the bottom 6 is actually built the way Sullivan will use them. I don't agree with the low offense bottom 6 strat but atleast they're commiting to something.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
This is, yet again, basically the team that Sully wants. People will bitch and moan about how the great Dubas betrayed them, but it’s pretty clear after 3 different GMs go out of their way to get these players, this is what Sullivan wants.

No way man. Sullivan is both universally respected and tenured and also has no voice and was helpless and silenced up until just this year.

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
It's good to know that free agency is done at 6:47 PM on July 1st.

So far, Dubas has collected the pieces for a good 4th line. He still has work to do with the 3rd line, but there are more moves this team is going to make.
Everything is always done immediately and the GMs are always completely honest about stuff like trades. That is how it has always been and ever more shall be.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
Hopefully with Eller and Acciari here now, Sullivan won't use Carter as some defensive Stalwart. Bury those guys in the Dzone. Give old man Carter easy minutes

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Top-6; Roughly the same. Zucker out for Smith is probably a slight bump offensively, but not much. Need Sid/Geno to be healthy again, which is probably a big ask at their age and with how many miles they've got on their bodies from hockey.

Bottom-6; Roughly the same offensively, hopefully better defensively. Boring, but predictable. You need your bottom-6 to not lose you games, you don't need your bottom-6 to win you games, imo.

Blueline; Graves for Dumo is a clear improvement, and at this stage of the era nobody's term matters. Letang should be better, and hopefully he and Petry have better years health-wise/play-wise. We'll see. EK65 woulda been cool, because watching good players play hockey is fun. I don't really give a shit about wins and losses when the team's cooked.

Goalie; Jarry sucks as an option, but it is what it is. I'm told we couldn't *possibly* have gone another direction, but all I'm hearing is "we tried nothing and we're all out of ideas". Again, boring, but entirely expected. I think Ned's kinda shit too, but maybe that was just a rough year in Detroit.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Yea and they’re all vets 30+ in age…we went from icing players in their 20s in the bottom six to everyone except DOC being over 30…horrific…players 30+ don’t bring the same energy night after night

Reactions: Gurglesons

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Top-6; Roughly the same. Zucker out for Smith is probably a slight bump offensively, but not much. Need Sid/Geno to be healthy again, which is probably a big ask at their age and with how many miles they've got on their bodies from hockey.

Bottom-6; Roughly the same offensively, hopefully better defensively. Boring, but predictable. You need your bottom-6 to not lose you games, you don't need your bottom-6 to win you games, imo.

Blueline; Graves for Dumo is a clear improvement, and at this stage of the era nobody's term matters. Letang should be better, and hopefully he and Petry have better years health-wise/play-wise. We'll see. EK65 woulda been cool, because watching good players play hockey is fun. I don't really give a shit about wins and losses when the team's cooked.

Goalie; Jarry sucks as an option, but it is what it is. I'm told we couldn't *possibly* have gone another direction, but all I'm hearing is "we tried nothing and we're all out of ideas". Again, boring, but entirely expected. I think Ned's kinda shit too, but maybe that was just a rough year in Detroit.

Yeah it’s the same exact roster with a little bit of more defensive capacity.

Yea and they’re all vets 30+ in age…we went icing players in their 20s in the bottom six to everyone except DOC being over 30…horrific…players 30+ don’t bring the same energy night after night

Sully dream line up tbh.

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
Remember when Hextall signed Josh Archibald and was all strangely proud of it. He also "liked the team" after signing Rutta and Archibald.

And then proceeded to trade Marino and Matheson

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

So another way you can put it is that the team either stayed the same or got better in every area

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
Kinda funny that Dubas said he wanted to get younger and then did the exact opposite of that lol. Graves was his only under 30 addition. I don't care too much about age, as long as they are productive

Reactions: Andy99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad