GDT: Free Agency: Dr Strangedubas or How We Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Nerd

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
60G vs 59G

82A vs 75A

141PTS vs 134PTS

Marginally better in every category assuming Nylander plays and there are no trades or signings

DOC had better numbers than Nylander and will most definitely play over him.

I also would be surprised if Nieto ends up the 13th forward.

Not Granlund - Eller - Nylander
DOC - Acciari - Carter
Neito

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
Top-6; Roughly the same. Zucker out for Smith is probably a slight bump offensively, but not much. Need Sid/Geno to be healthy again, which is probably a big ask at their age and with how many miles they've got on their bodies from hockey..
Even healthy, look how ineffective Sid was during the last stretch of the season. He is old and he wore out. The team folded around him. This isn’t even a viable strategy even if both were somehow guaranteed to play 82 games again.

Yet, here we are. At least “Fi-re Dub-as clap clap clapclapclap” rolls off the tongue and hands. We’ll be hearing it down the stretch again.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
So another way you can put it is that the team either stayed the same or got better in every area
Pretty much. Which is expected, but sucks for a team that hasn't seen the 2nd round since 2018 and missed the playoffs entirely in laughable fashion last season--when Sid and Geno were both healthy and productive. :laugh:

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
DOC had better numbers than Nylander and will most definitely play over him.

I also would be surprised if Nieto ends up the 13th forward.

Not Granlund - Eller - Nylander
DOC - Acciari - Carter
Neito

Everything Dubas has said makes me feel like Carter is the guy that gets moved for cap space, not Granlund.

I think the 4th line is going to be O'Connor-Acciari-Nieto, and I really like the makeup of it. The 3rd line will have Eller at C and Granlund on RW, which isn't very good obviously (because Eller is a 4C and Granlund just isn't good), but I don't think they're done with it yet.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Even healthy, look how ineffective Sid was during the last stretch of the season. He is old and he wore out. The team folded around him. This isn’t even a viable strategy even if both were somehow guaranteed to play 82 games again.

Yet, here we are. At least “Fi-re Dub-as clap clap clapclapclap” rolls off the tongue and hands. We’ll be hearing it down the stretch again.
My major hope is that Dubas can swing some moves as the season goes on but I don’t think we have anything of value to parlay with that we can move.

Reactions: Gurglesons

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Another thing we might be missing is someone might be starting the year on regular IR.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
It's good to know that free agency is done at 6:47 PM on July 1st.

So far, Dubas has collected the pieces for a good 4th line. He still has work to do with the 3rd line, but there are more moves this team is going to make.
I doubt it. I wouldn't expect much movement tbh. This is our cruddy bottom 6 for the most part. The 3C will be a glaring hole again.

Reactions: Gurglesons

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
Everything Dubas has said makes me feel like Carter is the guy that gets moved for cap space, not Granlund.

I think the 4th line is going to be O'Connor-Acciari-Nieto, and I really like the makeup of it. The 3rd line will have Eller at C and Granlund on RW, which isn't very good obviously (because Eller is a 4C and Granlund just isn't good), but I don't think they're done with it yet.
I don't even care who

That is fine, works for me

Will he do it, though?

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I think we're better than last year, but everyone else in the division except Philly got better too.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019

Anybody chanting fire Dubas after he signed a 7 year deal is wholly out of touch with reality. Both in terms of where this team's been at for years, and will be moving forward. :laugh:

I'm not stoked with the moves, but for a team that's been firmly in "play it safe and boring" mode for years, with zero attractive assets to burn via trade, nobody should be surprised by this lukewarm puddle of piss. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad