Confirmed with Link: Flyers Trade 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Round Picks For Tony DeAngelo And a 7th (Signs 2x$5M Ext)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
I guess our only hope is that now that he's in the place he's always wanted to be he'll make a serious effort to not f*** it up.

I don't really care about his politics. I don't share his views, but different views are part of democracy. You just have to live with it.
But if he starts acting like he did with the Rangers before they got rid of him or like we saw in the playoffs, I hope his time with the Flyers will be as short-lived as every other stint of his NHL career.

Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
I guess our only hope is that now that he's in the place he's always wanted to be he'll make a serious effort to not f*** it up.

I don't really care about his politics. I don't share his views, but different views are part of democracy. You just have to live with it.
But if he starts acting like he did with the Rangers before they got rid of him or like we saw in the playoffs, I hope his time with the Flyers will be as short-lived as every other stint of his NHL career.

I can agree with this. He should be on a short leash with his off ice shenanigans.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Actually a pretty good article by him though

My thoughts on Sielski & that article…

93f.jpg

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
I'm going to die laughing when the Authetics are stunned that TDA has a garbage season next year.

As I said before Torts has had 3 PPG seasons in the last 14 years. Our PP has lost its best player and was putrid, out outside of TDA doesn't have the horses to become a high end unit. He will likely spend a lot of time his Torts dog house, which could kill his PP time.

People see his great season from this year and can't wrap their heads around the fact that the team he played on is going to inflate those stats, the Flyers will deflate them. I would not at all be shocked if he doesn't break 40 points. He plays on a defense first team, that seriously lacks talent and who's most talented scorers are coming off serious injury, aging or are untested.

pacehimself

Oct 5, 2008
All politics/behavior issues aside…I don’t get this move at all. Strictly from a hockey standpoint, he isn’t moving the needle. If we were legitimately a playoff contender at the moment, the move would make more sense…

Making moves to create some hype while mortgaging the future is terrible. I can’t wait till they have no choice but to get rid of the front office…this move is not going to put people in seats. Hopefully they have another season playing in an empty stadium so we can force there hand.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
One of the other problems here is that burning 2nd round picks for 3 years means you can’t do anything at the trade deadline because everyone wants 2nd round picks for their guys. When you don’t have them, your big moves are to trade for Nate Thompson and Derek Grant. At least they get one for Jay O’Brien but that won’t be until 2024. That’s how your get to a win-now mode and you’re signing Lukas Krajicek off the street in the middle of the season and making him a regular.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
All politics/behavior issues aside…I don’t get this move at all. Strictly from a hockey standpoint, he isn’t moving the needle. If we were legitimately a playoff contender at the moment, the move would make more sense…

Making moves to create some hype while mortgaging the future is terrible. I can’t wait till they have no choice but to get rid of the front office…this move is not going to put people in seats. Hopefully they have another season playing in an empty stadium so we can force there hand.
It is terrible, but I think this will be a popular move with people who buy tickets.

One of the other problems here is that burning 2nd round picks for 3 years means you can’t do anything at the trade deadline because everyone wants 2nd round picks for their guys and when you don’t have them, your big moves are to trade for Nate Thompson and Derek Grant. At least they get one for Jay O’Brien but that won’t be until 2024.
Don’t need 2nd round picks at the deadline if you are already out of the playoff picture. :laugh:

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
One of the other problems here is that burning 2nd round picks for 3 years means you can’t do anything at the trade deadline because everyone wants 2nd round picks for their guys. When you don’t have them, your big moves are to trade for Nate Thompson and Derek Grant. At least they get one for Jay O’Brien but that won’t be until 2024. That’s how your get to a win-now mode and you’re signing Lukas Krajicek off the street in the middle of the season and making him a regular.
In fairness, trading a 2nd for 2 years of a guy is better than on a rental that you also overpay for anyways.

But who cares right now? We are doomed with this garbage FO in place. We will continue to throw away the future trying to scrape into the playoffs only to get smoked.

This is the way

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I'm going to die laughing when the Authetics are stunned that TDA has a garbage season next year.

As I said before Torts has had 3 PPG seasons in the last 14 years. Our PP has lost its best player and was putrid, out outside of TDA doesn't have the horses to become a high end unit. He will likely spend a lot of time his Torts dog house, which could kill his PP time.

People see his great season from this year and can't wrap their heads around the fact that the team he played on is going to inflate those stats, the Flyers will deflate them. I would not at all be shocked if he doesn't break 40 points. He plays on a defense first team, that seriously lacks talent and who's most talented scorers are coming off serious injury, aging or are untested.
He's third in pp/60 at 5x5 the last three seasons in the NHL among defensemen.
So he doesn't depend on the PP to pad his stats.

AdamParrot

Mar 10, 2015
Actually,
Ghost is better defensively.
TDA is a bit better offensively.

Overall,
Ghost is better at 5-on-5.
TDA us strong on PP, but we all know how the Flyers are terrible on PP.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Actually,
Ghost is better defensively.
TDA is a bit better offensively.

Overall,
Ghost is better at 5-on-5.
TDA us strong on PP, but we all know how the Flyers are terrible on PP.
What Ghost? The Ghost of 2017-18 is ancient history.

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017
everything is about winning a cup or tear it down, there's no i cant wait for another 5 years in the playoffs, it's either playoffs and cup in the same year or blow it up. i swear even if we get bedard, make the playoffs and we get knocked out, it's trade the whole team and start over.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad