Confirmed with Link: Flyers Trade 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Round Picks For Tony DeAngelo And a 7th (Signs 2x$5M Ext)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
I’m no fan of Chuck as everyone knows. This isn’t that bad a move though. He was quiet with Carolina and kept his head down. He’s a top end RHD and he’s signed for a good price. I know it’s temping to go overboard constantly with some of you, but it’s not always necessary to criticise everything.

Chuck will find a way to burn this goodwill though.
This is why.

1657391377891.jpeg

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
I’m no fan of Chuck as everyone knows. This isn’t that bad a move though. He was quiet with Carolina and kept his head down. He’s a top end RHD and he’s signed for a good price. I know it’s temping to go overboard constantly with some of you, but it’s not always necessary to criticise everything.

Chuck will find a way to burn this goodwill though.

The asset management alone on this is disastrous. We could have had TDA for a mill last year if they were this keen on him. But no, 3 f***ing top 4 picks. Also, we don't have cap space for this shit.

Proof is in the pudding as usual of course but he had a really good year last year and if he carries that on it’s a good price to pay. It doesn’t really fit our window or anything, but as a hockey move it makes sense.

6m9zwl.jpg

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
Portnoy going after Steph Driver today because of Hayes’ statement about TDA and Driver saying basically that anyones opinion that likes “that website” (aka barstool) doesn’t matter.

giphy.webp

I don’t care at all, but I can’t resist the opportunity. :laugh:

Here at HF Flyers, we have a thread that a very nice mod made to contain the social media drama: Social Media Septic Tank Thread

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
Has anyone considered that Fletcher is actually a Pens mole?

That’s a more realistic scenario at this point then someone actually existing and thinking the moves that he’s made would satisfy a “win now” mandate.

Him really being a Pens mole would mean he’s actually good at his job so we can cross that off the list of possibilities with great certainty

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
He also had a...... xGFrel +1.50.

So, just to be clear having an adj relxGF of +1.5 in 15.5 minutes/game, paired in managed minutes with Slavin -- one of the best defensemen in the league and the statistical leader on the team -- is supposed to be impressive? (I will be fascinated to see the future spin for DeAngelo's defensive performance and stats, potentially playing harder minutes on the Flyers with Provorov.) But having an adj relxGF of +0.8 playing with career AHLer Dysin Mayo and burnt to a crisp Anton Stralman 17.5 minutes/game is.....let me quote directly: "Ghost padded his scoring stats but had horrid metrics."

I guess this all makes about as much sense as saying one player "padded his scoring stats" on the worst scoring team in the league, while DeAngelo produced, let me quote, "on a real team," which is code for finding his perfect niche on the 9th best offense with substantially more talented players. DeAngelo's offense is without question, but this passes the smell test like a rotting corpse. This was all certainly worth 2 high 2nds, a 3rd, a 4th, and extra cap space.

Last edited:

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Forget about assets traded.

Simple player v. player question:

Is there anyone who thinks Ghost is a better player than DeAngelo in 2022?

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008

I think DeAngelo was better, but only by so much.

The assets given up to get rid of Ghost + acquire DeAngelo + DeAngelo's checked personality/past + term/AAV......yeah, I'd take Ghost every day of the week.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
In regards to DeAngelo’s political beliefs I really haven’t gone down the rabbit hole because it’s rather a discussion that leads no where & brings out the worst in people. Personally it is what it is to me given I’ve accepted a long time ago professional sports is a breeding ground for guys with bad behavior regardless of background. It might not be right admittedly but my attitude is essentially defeated on that front.

He’s ultimately on the team & making $5M so why do some people care if some other people are bothered by his actions & just don’t like him? They have a right to feel however they want & it’s not like it’s costing DeAngelo opportunities. Players are hated by fans for various reasons. It’s not something unusual to them.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

This has gotta be brutal to come to terms with. You’ve spent a lot of time siding with the organization vis a vis Ghost and now you gotta jump through hoops to defend this. The message board equivalent of tweeting through it. Either that or you gotta finally drop the shtick. Everything you’ve purported about their philosophy just got blown up.

Good luck though.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
In regards to DeAngelo’s political beliefs I really haven’t gone down the rabbit hole because it’s rather a discussion that leads no where & brings out the worst in people. Personally it is what it is to me given I’ve accepted a long time ago professional sports is a breeding ground for guys with bad behavior regardless of background. It might not be right admittedly but my attitude is essentially defeated on that front.

He’s ultimately on the team & making $5M so why do some people care if some other people are bothered by his actions & just don’t like him? They have a right to feel however they want & it’s not like it’s costing DeAngelo opportunities. Players are hated by fans for various reasons. It’s not something unusual to them.

Honestly it's all just awful.

People who defend TDA's beliefs think he shouldn't be silenced for them, but they're usually the same people who told Kaepernick to keep his beliefs out of sports.

Just another reason for us all to fight over nothing that really matters in sports. I think TDA probably is a not-great guy, but that's like 3rd or 4th on the list of reasons why I can't stand this transaction (like many others).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad