Prospect Info: 2024 7th OA : Carter Yakemchuk (RHD)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
a good 3 years away? I don't agree with that. I won't be surprised to see him play in the NHL full time next year. Kid turns 19 on September 29 so if he plays full time NHL next year, he's playing as a 20 year old. That's not uncommon at all for high draft picks. And having the size really helps in that regard.
I dont think he is a physically mature 18 year old though, he's growing into his body still from what I have seen. I think he may finish the year next season but a full year in the AHL wont be bad for him either. He needs to get quicker and stronger, we want this player to maximize his potential no reason to rush him. He has alot to learn from what I have seen. Small things that should be natural, like running interference for his partner or not puck watching as much in the d zone. Stuff that is all teachable and coachable which is why I really believe they should take their time with him. I think he's a project with undeniable upside. How good he gets will be on the organization and how much work he puts in.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
It's promising. But one decent preseason game and a highlight real goal doesn't mean all that much.

Consistency is what makes a decent player into a great one. Kid has a lot to prove.

It's exciting for sure tho

Reactions: Senscore and DrEasy

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
It's promising. But one decent preseason game and a highlight real goal doesn't mean all that much.

Consistency is what makes a decent player into a great one. Kid has a lot to prove.

It's exciting for sure tho

It's true but he needed a little positive attention. Since the surprisingly high draft spot and the poor rookie tournament outing by the organization (which wasn't his fault), he's had more than his fair share of the twitter peanut gallery dumping on him.

Reactions: Good in Osgoode

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad