Confirmed with Link: Flyers Trade 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Round Picks For Tony DeAngelo And a 7th (Signs 2x$5M Ext)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
What's the crossover of guys who complained about not having ghost and dislike of this move? Because I really think DeAngelo is going to be our top pair guy all year

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
not sure why everyone is making a big deal about this...he clearly isn't racist

JfEg.gif

Can't believe I had to re-use this one so quickly.

04hockey

Sep 28, 2017
What's the crossover of guys who complained about not having ghost and dislike of this move? Because I really think DeAngelo is going to be our top pair guy all year
you mean that guy who was waived and NOBODY claimed him ? word is he's a GREAT OFFENSIVE DMAN and nobody claimed him .....I just don't get it, I'm calling Human Resources :sarcasm:

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008

I hate to inject hockey into this slop fest , but I will to cleanse the +/- talk. The way Carolina used him is worth noting. @Surrounded By Ahos please correct me if I’m drawing some wrong conclusions from the data I have.

It’s not just that they sheltered him via quality of teammates and shift deployment. It looks to me like they purposely set out to have his partner responsible for puck retrievals whenever possible. It’s not that he was poor at them. They identified his warts and actively tried to remove those responsibilities. I wonder how Provorov is going to respond to being asked to do the job Slavin did for him last year because it’s brutal and thankless.

Last edited:

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I don't think Hayes had any impetus on the DeAngelo trade. He may have been asked about DeAngelo's personality, but I doubt it was more than that.

The Flyers have been interested in DeAngelo for years. He's a high-scoring RHD with a physical game. With Ellis unlikely to play, and DeAngelo available, it made perfect sense to acquire him, irrespective of Hayes.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Hayes knows everyone. That doesn't mean he caused the acquisition of every player he knows.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Well, it seems like I’m the only Canes fan who is as angry about this trade as you guys are.

But that’s only because we have a lot of guys who like to rationalize all the strange machinations of our front office as if they were some kind of geniuses.

This guy is a really good player and you’ll love him if you can somehow get your head around how you know he truly feels about stuff.

But if he does start to feel comfortable and make his way back on to Twitter I’ll enjoy watching the fireworks between him and that Antifa mascot of yours. Maybe they’ll fight!

Nah

Also, WTF are you talking about?

The worst part of the trade for me personally is the amount of weirdos this brings into discussions in my little corner of the world. Not fun ones either. Weird weird.

Saw a comment from a racist guy from Montreal on Twitter that said..."Love the way he plays, love the way he thinks."

Gross people out there man.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
not sure why everyone is making a big deal about this...he clearly isn't racist

The replies on this tweet are some of my favorite in a while

The amount of players that the team has acquired with ties to Hayes can’t reasonably be seen as coincidental anymore.

If management has a say, he will absolutely 200% be named the next Captain too...this will make them feel better about trading for the racist since they are friends and he can shield him.

I know we already knew this but… imagine denying that Cevin has anything to do with the roster building at this point.

It’s Minnesota and Boston (Kevin Hayes) and that’s it for this organization.

Imagine letting an injury-prone 50 point low-end 2C build your entire roster :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad