Confirmed with Link: Flyers Trade 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Round Picks For Tony DeAngelo And a 7th (Signs 2x$5M Ext)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Saw an interview of Michael Del Zotto a couple weeks ago who started out by saying a lot of young guys coming into the league these days are soft. He played for Torts twice with the Rangers and Columbus and came to love him as a coach but it was a lot of tough love with the Rangers. Torts wants his defenders to defend and DeAngelo just ain’t that good at it. Carolina had Slavin one of the league’s best defenders riding shotgun with him last year and the Flyers just don’t have anyone that can defend as well as Slavin. A lot of teams don’t. Despite all his yapping and the occasional fight at 25/26 Tony is a soft player IMO. He likes to leave the every day dirty work to others. He is a talented player no question but I don’t see anything but fireworks coming if he doesn’t change his ways.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
The oddity of all of this is how transparent Fletcher is for his moves but when it comes to his team objectives it's opposite day. "We are going to fix the defense!" Makes defense worse. "We are going to rebuild team chemistry!" Even bigger apparent locker room issues. "We are going to restore accountability!" Trades for a player the Rangers cut from their roster for being an awful teammate.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Objectively, is there any team/organization you would clearly rank below us? At least in terms of power rankings and trends I’m not sure there is. On ice we were an old team last year (relatively) and finished near last. Now we’re a year older without Giroux.

Off ice I’d say we have the worst management and culture in the league maybe. At least in terms of building a winning team (in the long and short term).

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Objectively, is there any team/organization you would clearly rank below us? At least in terms of power rankings and trends I’m not sure there is. On ice we were an old team last year (relatively) and finished near last. Now we’re a year older without Giroux.

Off ice I’d say we have the worst management and culture in the league maybe. At least in terms of building a winning team (in the long and short term).

Absolutely not. We are rock bottom. Arizona laughs at us now and they are playing in a college arena this season.

OakCity

Jun 24, 2018
1 yr 1m flyer on a guy nobody else wanted. I'd say they did good to get 3 picks back. 3rd straight year they will need to find Slavin a new partner, but I almost feel like it doesn't matter who is with him, they will be good.

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
The Canes fans acknowledge that the trade was good business (signing for $1M and getting draft picks just a year later) but many are upset he’s gone and many were upset they couldn’t offer him the same deal.

That was a bit eye opening. I just don’t like how this dude is not a top 4 guy, makes me shake my head

Reactions: Curufinwe

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
I’m actually happy that I was completely offline for the past 24 hours due to the Rogers outage in Canada.

So which scenario is better?

TDA or Risto as 3rd pair RHD making $5M?

Or Ellis on LTIR forever, and Risto/TDA as your 1/2 RHD?

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
I'm curious. Is there a count of the number of posters who considered themselves Hurricanes fans who are also complaining about the Flyers acquiring DeAngelo?

Well, it seems like I’m the only Canes fan who is as angry about this trade as you guys are.

But that’s only because we have a lot of guys who like to rationalize all the strange machinations of our front office as if they were some kind of geniuses.

This guy is a really good player and you’ll love him if you can somehow get your head around how you know he truly feels about stuff.

But if he does start to feel comfortable and make his way back on to Twitter I’ll enjoy watching the fireworks between him and that Antifa mascot of yours. Maybe they’ll fight!

Reactions: Larry44

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Well, it seems like I’m the only Canes fan who is as angry about this trade as you guys are.

But that’s only because we have a lot of guys who like to rationalize all the strange machinations of our front office as if they were some kind of geniuses.

This guy is a really good player and you’ll love him if you can somehow get your head around how you know he truly feels about stuff.

But if he does start to feel comfortable and make his way back on to Twitter I’ll enjoy watching the fireworks between him and that Antifa mascot of yours. Maybe they’ll fight!
He's third in the NHL in pp/60 (5x5) the last three years, behind only Makar and Josi.
The knock on the ice is his defense, how bad was he in Nashville?

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
0376A823-A592-420E-B768-35B53E020F68.jpeg

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
Just finished his press conference. Said all the right things. Very short leash here though. I think he’ll be ok off the ice

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad