Confirmed with Link: Flyers Trade 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Round Picks For Tony DeAngelo And a 7th (Signs 2x$5M Ext)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
Everyone should have known that when Yzerman drafted DeAngelo and then dealt him without DeAngelo getting into the Tampa Bay lineup, something was up. Yzerman just doesn't give up really on players (look how long it took him to trade Jonathan Drouin). The fact that DeAngelo was dealt before even skating a game with Tampa Bay is just that much more smoke that something wasn't right. From what I remember, there were also issues in junior hockey with him and that Sania was all too happy to trade him to Sault Ste Marie. He's toxic.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Hayes is just trying to be a good teammate. I have no problem with that. He's definitely very outspoken which seems to rub some people the wrong way, but at least he's trying to add some positivity to our locker room.

Reactions: 04hockey

Adtar02

@NateThompson44 is a bum
Apr 8, 2012
2nd star 2 the right
Did he out score ghost this past season on a far more talented and skilled club and by how much. Cause I don’t think he is as good defensively.

I think torts would green light ghost to be a rover cause he sees the ice so well and jumps passing lanes.

Last edited:

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Is someone really shouting into the wind that there's no difference between Carolina giving up 0 assets and paying him $1 million x 1 year.....and what the Flyers did, trading to Carolina (yet another!) 2nd, 3rd, 4th round picks, and signing him to $5 million x 2 years, after trading #36 overall with the cheaper Gostisbehere? That level of obtuseness is purposeful. I wouldn't have to explain it to a child.

I'll also add that the Canes have a terrific culture, from Brind'Amour to their players, and are a very successful team. Dropping DeAngelo into that, with serious financial incentives, is night and day from dropping him into this total mess of an organization.

Friedman says there was a lot of interest in DeAngelo.

8 teams wanted to trade 1sts for Risto! Fletcher always gets his guy though.

DeAngelo the player is very skilled and has a function, depending on the context. DeAngelo the asset is very complicated.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Jesus Christ dude I’m far from rebels political ideology but you earned I think my first block on this website.
1af.jpeg

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Asset cost aside, I still don’t care for this move. I’ll admit I don’t know much of his on ice talent, but the fact he has been moved so frequently and his off ice issues are a huge no thank you for me.

HexyClarke

Jun 10, 2022
Is someone really shouting into the wind that there's no difference between Carolina giving up 0 assets and paying him $1 million x 1 year.....and what the Flyers did, trading to Carolina (yet another!) 2nd, 3rd, 4th round picks, and signing him to $5 million x 2 years, after trading #36 overall with the cheaper Gostisbehere? That level of obtuseness is purposeful. I wouldn't have to explain it to a child.

I'll also add that the Canes have a terrific culture, from Brind'Amour to their players, and are a very successful team. Dropping DeAngelo into that, with serious financial incentives, is night and day from dropping him into this total mess of an organization.

8 teams wanted to trade 1sts for Risto! Fletcher always gets his guy though.

DeAngelo the player is very skilled and has a function, depending on the context. DeAngelo the asset is very complicated.
I wanted him exactly in the fashion the canes did. Cheap and for free. Totally agree. The canes board were disappointed they didn’t keep him, for the most part. They thought he played well there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad