Confirmed with Link: Flyers Trade 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Round Picks For Tony DeAngelo And a 7th (Signs 2x$5M Ext)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
integrity matters to some, there are things more important than hockey.
When it comes to sports, no it doesn’t. See the Phillies 2008 World Series win. Just about everyone who has bashed the acquisition of DeAngelo because of his past cheered that team, bought the merchandise and celebrated when they won. If DeAngelo could actually help the Flyers win a lot, no one will ever mention anything about his past again.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Personally I don’t give a f*** who he voted for. Just keep your head down and play hockey.

Who he voted for is not why people dislike him. Also he's pretty awful defensively.

When it comes to sports, no it doesn’t. See the Phillies 2008 World Series win. Just about everyone who has bashed the acquisition of DeAngelo because of his past cheered that team, bought the merchandise and celebrated when they won. If DeAngelo could actually help the Flyers win a lot, no one will ever mention anything about his past again.

This is total bullshit

A) whats this bout the 2008 Phillies?

B) Ill never support him regardless of what he does on the ice here, nor will I forget that he's a POS.

C) He aint winning shit here.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I think DeAngelo was better, but only by so much.

The assets given up to get rid of Ghost + acquire DeAngelo + DeAngelo's checked personality/past + term/AAV......yeah, I'd take Ghost every day of the week.
You’re completely avoiding my question.

It’s not about assets given.

It’s about who’s the better player this season & next?

Reactions: 04hockey

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
Who he voted for is not why people dislike him. Also he's pretty awful defensively.

This is total bullshit

A) whats this bout the 2008 Phillies?

B) Ill never support him regardless of what he does on the ice here, nor will I forget that he's a POS.

C) He aint winning shit here.
Brett Myers beat his wife in public and everyone cheered when he was hitting RBIs in the playoffs. It’s not just Philadelphia. Kobe Bryant. Ray Lewis. Jameis Winston. Jim Brown is still revered even though he threw a woman off of a 2nd story balcony. There are idiots still defending Joe Paterno. Point being, if the team wins nobody cares.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Brett Myers beat his wife in public and everyone cheered when he was hitting RBIs in the playoffs. It’s not just Philadelphia. Kobe Bryant. Ray Lewis. Jameis Winston. Jim Brown is still revered even though he threw a woman off of a 2nd story balcony. There are idiots still defending Joe Paterno. Point being, if the team wins nobody cares.

Fair points

I do think you can hate a player but still love the team they play on. For me its extra easy since I hate DeAngelo AND the Flyers 😂

daynus

Nov 25, 2002
Good Ole Saskatchewan
Visit site
As a Canadian, my thoughts are, if the media just dropped his past, and tell him, behave and keep your whatever you need to keep it to yourself, and if he does help turn things around, I will cheer for him.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
Fair points

I do think you can hate a player but still love the team they play on. For me its extra easy since I hate DeAngelo AND the Flyers 😂
I really don’t much care if the players are good or bad people only if it helps the team and in DeAngelo’s case, I don’t think he really helps. I would have rather the Flyers signed Mitch Miller if they were going to go this way.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
If we knew the private lives of many of the athletes that play the games, a lot of us would be repulsed by them. TDA didn't have the brains/self-control to keep his to himself. There's no reason to move the goal posts and cite other jerks in the games. They're there and at times we find out about them and are saddened for it.
TDA is here to produce on the ice and behave himself. I don't know if NHL contracts include morals clauses that allow them to be negated if violated such as the one that the Dodgers are using on Bauer. If he keeps clean then he's living up to the contract that he signed. It's a two year deal. If he messes up, he's gone and probably out of the game in NA.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
I know people bring up politics, and yes, while I do hold that shit against him, I think how he treats other people and the words he says against him and he can f*** himself for that shit. Since he said the shit he did while in the NHL, no f***ing way does that change. Considering he's still in the NHL, there hasn't been much in the way of a punishment for the things he's said and done. Basically, as a person, he can go f*** himself.

Even ignoring that shit, the fact that his D sucked complete ass on a very defensive oriented team says volumes of how bad he is and should of never been signed for this much, let alone trade the picks for him. So whether it be on or off the ice, he sucks.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014

What a completely idiotic question. Sure, TDA is better than Ghost, but it isn't by a large margin and sure as hell not worth all the assets we gave up to A) get rid of Ghost and B) trade and sign a slight upgrade

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
Ghost and DeAngelo are basically interchangeable on the ice
Except of course his handedness. It’s absolutely amazing that this organization puts such a high priority on having lefty righty pairs yet pass on every highly ranked right handed defensemen in the draft every year even this year. Imagine they just drafted Jiricek instead of Gauthier and then they don’t have to move a 2nd, 3rd and 4th round pick and $5 million in capspace plus whatever else dumb moves they now have to make to create capspace. And before some mouth breather comes in and says Jiricek wouldn’t have helped this year, just realize the team hasn’t drafted a right handed defense above the 3rd round since 1998, the year Simon Gagne was drafted. I am sure they will be making another disastrous trade in a couple seasons for yet another terrible right handed defenseman.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008

I directly answered your question, but then I decided to expand on my answer to add in things that definitely *do* matter in roster management.

Reactions: Cody Webster

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad