Confirmed with Link: Flyers Re-Sign Nick Seeler To Two Year Deal ($775K) (One-Way/Two-Way)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
It's not a huge deal, but if you don't see the humor in this being a 2-year deal well out ahead of free agency, you really need to re-examine your mindset with respect to this org. This is hilarious.

I mean his contract is only 3x as much as almost completely avoidable bonus overages. It doesn't matter that we're wasting 1M in cap space already before the season is over

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

scumpup

Nov 29, 2021
In all seriousness:

1. The contract shouldn't matter. It can be buried.
2. It almost certainly will matter because...hockey
3. Hockey Guys rushing to sign a depth defenseman like this to a two year deal is just peak for the sport. That's rhetorical. It's because he fights and is "tough to play against". The second year is going to be annoying from a 50 contract limit standpoint (see: Patrick Brown and every AHLer Fletcher gave two year deals to).
I don't know how these people think these slow meandering "tough guys" are even remotely tough to play against? You just have good players skate through them because they're going twice as fast with ten times the amount of edgework and stick handling skill.

ooo look at me I'm so tough because I grow out my hair and won't shower unless it's the group shower in the locker room so I can show how much I love the team ooo I'm gonna beat Connor McDavid with my stench and grit and then fight the other stinky loser on the other team ooo look at me. Oh no I let up a goal but look how much I flailed around trying to do something to look good on camera while causing my linemates/defensive partner to spend all their mental capacity on covering up my sorry ass. ooo I smell like shit look at me I'm a depth player who sucks ass at hockey and am passed the peak of my aging curve and wasted my peak years drinking and f***ing around instead of getting better at hockey!!!

Chuck Fletcher looks at this guy and sees himself in the mirror so of course he signs him.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I don't know how these people think these slow meandering "tough guys" are even remotely tough to play against? You just have good players skate through them because they're going twice as fast with ten times the amount of edgework and stick handling skill.

ooo look at me I'm so tough because I grow out my hair and won't shower unless it's the group shower in the locker room so I can show how much I love the team ooo I'm gonna beat Connor McDavid with my stench and grit and then fight the other stinky loser on the other team ooo look at me. Oh no I let up a goal but look how much I flailed around trying to do something to look good on camera while causing my linemates/defensive partner to spend all their mental capacity on covering up my sorry ass. ooo I smell like shit look at me I'm a depth player who sucks ass at hockey and am passed the peak of my aging curve and wasted my peak years drinking and f***ing around instead of getting better at hockey!!!

Chuck Fletcher looks at this guy and sees himself in the mirror so of course he signs him.
Dude, if you’re going to talk like this at least tag him... @NateThompson44

Flyrs21

Dec 17, 2006
So your telling me the Flyers don't have a capable enough 7th or 8th d-man in the farm system without telling me you don't have a capable d-man in the farm system. Wow the prospects are just overflowing with talent "down on the farm"

So when Ellis gets hurt in game number 9 another year of Seeler full time. Lol

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
In all seriousness:

1. The contract shouldn't matter. It can be buried.
2. It almost certainly will matter because...hockey
3. Hockey Guys rushing to sign a depth defenseman like this to a two year deal is just peak for the sport. That's rhetorical. It's because he fights and is "tough to play against". The second year is going to be annoying from a 50 contract limit standpoint (see: Patrick Brown and every AHLer Fletcher gave two year deals to).
He's almost out of Hextall picks to trade away to clear a contract

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
Kill me

So your telling me the Flyers don't have a capable enough 7th or 8th d-man in the farm system without telling me you don't have a capable d-man in the farm system. Wow the prospects are just overflowing with talent "down on the farm"

So when Ellis gets hurt in game number 9 another year of Seeler full time. Lol
Number 9? Oh you sweet summer child, Ellis will be lucky to get thru his 1st preseason practice.

04hockey

Sep 28, 2017
1 of Provy, Sanheim or Risto is moving.....
my bet it's Provy and his contract
they'll have to to free up money for a free agent signing(JG or Tkachuk)
rather it be Tkachuk.....maybe his physicality will rub off on JVR :oops::biglaugh:

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
giphy-10.gif

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
So injuries are chuck's big excuse and they had to play marginal nhl players and yet he just cant help but resign Seeler and soon ZMac, those fill in players that couldn't get the job done?

Starting to think these guys played because they wanted them to play, not because it was their only choice.

lol who am I kidding, I've known this the whole time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad