Confirmed with Link: Flyers Re-Sign Nick Seeler To Two Year Deal ($775K) (One-Way/Two-Way)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Angry Hockey Dad

Michkov save us
May 30, 2013
Canada
I don’t think Seeler would have found a contract for next season if not for this. I don’t understand the urgency to re sign him. There has to be a huge number of 7/8 D men that would be available for league minimum come free agency. Take a chance on someone else who might even have an upside, Seeler has no upside. You know exactly what you are going to get next season from him. The team is just saying last year was fine and we’ll bring everyone back and try again.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I don’t think Seeler would have found a contract for next season if not for this. I don’t understand the urgency to re sign him. There has to be a huge number of 7/8 D men that would be available for league minimum come free agency. Take a chance on someone else who might even have an upside, Seeler has no upside. You know exactly what you are going to get next season from him. The team is just saying last year was fine and we’ll bring everyone back and try again.

He didnt find one for 20-21 and wouldnt have found one for 21-22 if not for Chuckles

He's running a Resort for his Minny Bois using Comcasts money and they just look the other way. Wild stuff (literally and figuratively).

Angry Hockey Dad

Michkov save us
May 30, 2013
Canada
He didnt find one for 20-21 and wouldnt have found one for 21-22 if not for Chuckles

He's running a Resort for his Minny Bois using Comcasts money and they just look the other way. Wild stuff (literally and figuratively).

True. It’s such a strange signing especially the timing of it. They are just going to hand the same roster over to a new coach and watch it crash and burn

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
True. It’s such a strange signing especially the timing of it. They are just going to hand the same roster over to a new coach and watch it crash and burn

I wouldn't be surprised. These guys huffing their own farts are probably sure they built an elite roster and that the coaches just mangled its handling.

Pay no mind to who hired the coaches.

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA

I think Chicago signed him in 2020 but he spent the whole year on the taxi squad.

Anyway I'm sure he would've been signed this summer but few besides Charles would've offered the legitimate promise of an NHL roster spot.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
Can someone please share the “likely“ carnage that is Seeler’s EV RAPM chart? Please?

We could all use a good laugh

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Seeler is what you get for minimum wage/two way contracts.

Most veterans sign 2+ year deals if they're any good, the ones who sign one year deals do so with Cup contenders (if no one is offering more than minimum, go with the best team).

Seeler is no better or worse than the typical #7/#8 D-man signing.
Clendening was a NHL veteran, Brennan was a NHL vet, and so on.

The structure is designed to be insurance in 2022-23, then make it easy to send him down in 2023-24 when Andrae comes to NA.

Diaper Mask Bandits

Jan 15, 2022
So, I assume this is the new Brandon Manning ie the scrub who you can't get out of the lineup.

How much you want to bet that he doesn't become the 7th or 8th dman?

He'll be blocking a young dman

Note - a few years ago, I would have shrugged my shoulders at the signing. But, they've proven this is an organizational philosophy to value bad dman simply over young men based on the the mentally of "veteran experience"

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Even if you sign for one year and plan for Ginning and Attard in 23-24, (I am hopeful Z is here in 22. Call me stupid optimist.) I would be critical but at least I would see a plan.

Instead we got Seeler for 2 years. Why is this gm obsessed with signing number 7 d-men (see Hagg) for 2 year deals?

Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
It’s not just Fletcher. Look at all the bottom barrel scraping defenseman and forwards this organization is enamored with. This is not just a recent occurrence.
This is why people have been saying the good ol boys club needs to be purged. Bring in outside voices with fresh ideas. But thats never going to happen. So here we are.

Angry Hockey Dad

Michkov save us
May 30, 2013
Canada
It’s not just Fletcher. Look at all the bottom barrel scraping defenseman and forwards this organization is enamored with. This is not just a recent occurrence.
This is why people have been saying the good ol boys club needs to be purged. Bring in outside voices with fresh ideas. But thats never going to happen. So here we are.

For fun, here is a list of some of the outstanding defensemen to play for the flyers in the past 10 years

Kevin Connauton
Nick Seeler
Keith Yandle
Nate Prosser
Robert Hagg
Christian Folin
Andrew MacDonald
Jonny Oduya
Mark Alt
Brandon Manning
Nick Grossmann
Erik Gustafsson
Jay Rosehill
Kurtis Foster
Oliver Lauridsen
Bruno Gervais
Andreas Lilja
Pavel Kubina
Marc Andre Bourdon

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
First signing "under Briere" also. Alot have said he will change the culture.... nothing has changed!

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Fletcher is just following the age-old mantra to build your roster from the net out, except he is tweaking it to build from the bottom up. Set your bottom lines and pairs first because they are easiest, then work forward so you have a greater ability to concentrate on the most important positions last. By the time he gets to 1C and 1D, Fletcher will be laser-focused.

04hockey

Sep 28, 2017
great, accurate article in the Sunday Philly Inquirer about how the Flyers organization got here in it's current
"condition" :facepalm:

CSKA1974

Feb 10, 2010
Flyerville
For fun, here is a list of some of the outstanding defensemen to play for the flyers in the past 10 years

Kevin Connauton
Nick Seeler
Keith Yandle
Nate Prosser
Robert Hagg
Christian Folin
Andrew MacDonald
Jonny Oduya
Mark Alt
Brandon Manning
Nick Grossmann
Erik Gustafsson