Rumor: Flyers/Ottawa Trade

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

StuckOutHere

Feb 10, 2010
On the draft floor yeah, over a week ahead is odd
Yeah I don't know if what you are saying is correct. I'm assuming if you are, for example, Montreal you know well in advance who is willing to pay up for their pick if all the forwards go ahead of the D and the Habs have targetted forwards with that pick. That's not something you rush in five minutes on the draft floor.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
Flyers won’t move both in the same trade, I wouldn’t think.

It surely doesn’t matter because it’s inconceivable the Sens would move the 7th for the privilege of moving from 7 12 only to add the 32nd pick.

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
Chabot is my guess but I still wouldn’t really understand it from Philly. Don’t they need forwards and less D?

They wouldn't be getting much of either with him.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: TLEH

Jan 21, 2018
No thanks. We've been down this road before. No extension, no trade.

Makes sense…most players do not want to live in ottawa. May as well trade for a player with term so they are forced to live in ottawa instead of leaving as soon as their contract expires.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON

Sens fans are starting to warm up to the idea of blowing up the d-corps (trade Chychrun and Chabot) and rebuilding it around Sanderson (with Zub). That could give us 13 mil to splurge in free agency. We pretty much know Staios is going to throw an abundance of money at Tanev and we have the chance to draft a pretty good one at the draft.

Reactions: gab6511

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Gonna make wild guess of a big deal

To :sens
C Morgan Frost
C Scott Laughton
LW Joel Farabee
RW Garnett Hathaway

To :flyers
C Shane Pinto
RW Mathieu Joseph
RW Tyler Boucher
D Thomas Chabot

Torts hates Frost, Organization soured on Farabee for some reason and Laughton name has been out there for a while and Hathaway was meh at his cost and is getting older

I assume Sens are weary of another contract battle with Pinto, Joseph value is probably never higher after this past season, Flyers have been linked to Boucher in past and Chabot NTC doesn't kick in until summer so if Sens want to make big move involving him now is time

Its been a while since we had a major player swap

-- Don't actually expect it to really happen, but it would be fun to see --

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
Gonna make wild guess of a big deal

To :sens
C Morgan Frost
C Scott Laughton
LW Joel Farabee
RW Garnett Hathaway

To :flyers
C Shane Pinto
RW Mathieu Joseph
RW Tyler Boucher
D Thomas Chabot

Torts hates Frost, Organization soured on Farabee for some reason and Laughton name has been out there for a while and Hathaway was meh at his cost and is getting older

I assume Sens are weary of another contract battle with Pinto, Joseph value is probably never higher after this past season, Flyers have been linked to Boucher in past and Chabot NTC doesn't kick in until summer so if Sens want to make big move involving him now is time

Its been a while since we had a major player swap

-- Don't actually expect it to really happen, but it would be fun to see --

Gross. And torts will never sign off on a Hathaway trade.

Reactions: BillDineen

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
Honestly I’ll be shocked if Ottawa trades Chabot. I thought they were trying to get over the rebuild phase lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad