Rumor: Flyers/Ottawa Trade

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I’m not trying to play up the typical HFBoards proposal fanaticism, but I think this could be a high volume trade. The Flyers have been getting linked to guys on the Senators all season.

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
Nowhere close to what? That Konecny is the type of player Ottawa needs, or that a Chychrun for Konecny trade can’t take place? Of course it can.

The hell do the Flyers need Chychrun for?

Sanheim, York, Drysdale.

Seeler. Risto. Ginning. Zamula. Johnson (if brought back).

Value is poor. Flyers need more of TK not less.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Flyers really like a forward projected in the 5-8 range (Catton, Iginla).

#7 for #12 + Florida 1st as long as that forward is still available and Levshunov is not (otherwise Ottawa keeps #7 and picks Levshunov).

My prediction.

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
Looks like your answer is in the flyers D you listed.

It’s not how the Flyers operate. They need multiple old scrubs. It’s how they develop young kids to play the right play.

Plus TK is a huge need. No reason to trade a F for a D.

They should trade a D for a F if anything.

Ps; I think the flyers need to tear it down and rebuild.

They won’t.

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
Flyers really like a forward projected in the 5-8 range (Catton, Iginla).

#7 for #12 + Florida 1st as long as that forward is still available and Levshunov is not (otherwise Ottawa keeps #7 and picks Levshunov).

My prediction.

Flyers won’t move both in the same trade, I wouldn’t think.

ismelofhockey

Oct 22, 2017
Sens would be all over this

I don't think they would. Konecny is worth it, but adding a winger doesn't address their two priorities which are fixing goaltending and defence. So trading their top asset for Konecny shouldn't make sense for the Sens' GM. On top of that, they forfeit their pick next year, and they've traded top picks for DeBrincat and Chychrun the past two years with little success.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad