Confirmed with Link: Flyers Great Ryan Johansen Placed On Waivers For Purpose Of Terminating Contract Due To "Material Breach"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
If the team admitted on record he is injured, I don’t see how they win an argument debating severity. That’s a very slippery slope for the league too. Like most things, we’re dealing with a self-defeating exercise for the Flyers’ Galactus-sized ego. They’ll feel the impacts of this one for years.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Based on past situations and as a whole, how can anyone give the Flyers the benefit of the doubt.

No matter the outcome, this is going to have a negative effect for the Flyers down the line. Players and agents will think long and hard to want to come here. This isn't an isolated incident.

Simple solution was pay him his money and move on next season. The bad outweighs the good.
Well, he said that if the Flyers would have just given Johansen a shot, it wouldn't have been an issue.

If true, that means by its very nature that he thinks Johansen was lying about his inability to play. ("He would have played if only the Flyers didn't send him to the Phantoms!")

Which is a material breach of contract.

Hanover Fist

Aug 22, 2018
1313 Mockingbird Lane
Perhaps he wasn’t dancing maybe he was
IMG_3102.jpeg

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
They don’t agree on the severity of the injury though.
Yes, for example old man Cam Atkinson had a neck issue that required major surgery and meant he missed a whole season in 22-23, but he was still bought out in June.

Atkinson only played 7 more games than Johansen did last season.

Boocowski

Mar 31, 2024
He got married on Saturday? Did they hit this guy with a termination on his honeymoon? :laugh:
There's supposed to be footage of him lifting and carrying his wife at the wedding so could seeing that be the evidence for the breach? It sounds like the kind of thing workman's comp investigators get people on. His wife probably isn't that heavy, but maybe heavy enough depending on what he claims his injury is? idk. More Flyers drama.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
If it really does stem from him lifting his wife..that's low and petty from this org
Plus, an arbitrator would absolutely throw it out or laugh the Flyers. Your allowed to do everyday things even if injured.

My guess is the Flyers had this wheel in motion long before his wedding last weekend. You don't just put it together on a whim. At least I do not think one would.

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
Well, he said that if the Flyers would have just given Johansen a shot, it wouldn't have been an issue.

If true, that means by its very nature that he thinks Johansen was lying about his inability to play. ("He would have played if only the Flyers didn't send him to the Phantoms!")

Which is a material breach of contract.
Again if he breahed contract... he breached contract. Im not arguing they dont have grounds to void the contract.

What im questioning is this guy gets here and is immediatley greeted with a giant middle finger for no reason. Its just adding to a pattern of we now must have an organizational blacklist of guys torts doesnt like and a mismanagement of assets because of it.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
Again if he breahed contract... he breached contract. Im not arguing they dont have grounds to void the contract.

What im questioning is this guy gets here and is immediatley greeted with a giant middle finger for no reason. Its just adding to a pattern of we now must have an organizational blacklist of guys torts doesnt like and a mismanagement of assets because of it.
He was a salary dump, required to make the trade happen for a 1st rd pick.

They never had plans for Johansen on their NHL roster. They immediately waived him & sent him down.

That's not a middle finger. It's just honesty.

It's not a mismanagement of assets. It was required to get a first.

They had no way to know he was going to claim he was too injured to play hockey, considering he had played in all 63 games for Colorado before the trade.

They figured they'd just buy him out after the season.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Survellaince is commonplace when there are disputes about injuries between workers and employees.

Reactions: renberg

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
If the team admitted on record he is injured, I don’t see how they win an argument debating severity. That’s a very slippery slope for the league too. Like most things, we’re dealing with a self-defeating exercise for the Flyers’ Galactus-sized ego. They’ll feel the impacts of this one for years.
That's the part the doesn't make sense. If the Flyers didn't think he was injured (or even not as injured as he said he was), why didn't they act right away and start the investigation then? Why are they waiting until August to start all this?

Reactions: Magua

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
I think it's pretty obvious the Flyers have been extremely skeptical of Johansen's allegedly unplayable injury since he announced it when they acquired him in March after not missing a single game for Colorado 63 games into the season before the trade.

But you don't want to jump the gun on a contract termination. It takes time to gather enough evidence to bolster your case. Obviously the NHL thinks the Flyers have a legit case to let them go through with the termination.

Reactions: Don Nachbaur 26

Don Nachbaur 26

Jun 23, 2008
Mount Joy, PA
He was a salary dump, required to make the trade happen for a 1st rd pick.

They never had plans for Johansen on their NHL roster. They immediately waived him & sent him down.

That's not a middle finger. It's just honesty.

It's not a mismanagement of assets. It was required to get a first.

They had no way to know he was going to claim he was too injured to play hockey, considering he had played in all 63 games for Colorado before the trade.

They figured they'd just buy him out after the season.
and practiced the morning of the trade

Survellaince is commonplace when there are disputes about injuries between workers and employees.
correct. I've ordered it before when I was skeptical of a workplace injury and their claims

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
You can't really compare Johansen dancing at a wedding to a normal woman pulling insurance fraud saying she couldn't work for 5 years. Johansen's job isn't at a desk. His work is getting physically abused in the NHL. You can lead a normal life doing basic physical activities and still not be able to play professional sports. That bar is extremely high. Again, if the Flyers agreed he had an injury, how do they prove his pain threshold isn't what he says?

I'm sure the player's union will be behind Johansen, even if he's exaggerating, because it's dangerous precedent. Fortunately, the Flyers have only the best lawyers:

117-hesverygood.gif

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
You can't really compare Johansen dancing at a wedding to a normal woman pulling insurance fraud saying she couldn't work for 5 years. Johansen's job isn't at a desk. His work is getting physically abused in the NHL. You can lead a normal life doing basic physical activities and still not be able to play professional sports. That bar is extremely high. Again, if the Flyers agreed he had an injury, how do they prove his pain threshold isn't what he says?

I'm sure the player's union will be behind Johansen, even if he's exaggerating, because it's dangerous precedent. Fortunately, the Flyers have only the best lawyers:

117-hesverygood.gif
we need the clip "you cant handle the truth!" but with Torts as Jack N.

🤣🤣🤣

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad