Post-Game Talk: Flu Ridden Jets 4 - Tokarski Pens 1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
According to the post game show, the Jets have only won 5 times in Pittsburgh, in the last 33 times they played there. Great all around game by the Jets tonight, and nice to see the Scheifele line come to life, and Perfetti play well also.

Considering we've beat Colorado, Dallas, Tampa, Carolina and other great teams, you have to start believing this team can win the Stanley Cup under Bowness. I think we can beat any team in the NHL now.

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
The team certainly seems to have developed an identity again and it makes a big difference in the standings. The bottom six becoming hard to play against for the opposition is certainly nice to see. #8 looks like a real nice add to the Lowry line.

Lots to like about the team right now. Bones and Arniel have thier stamp all over this team. So nice to see.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Penguins came up short
a-penguin-tries-to-jump-from-the-water-onto-an-iceberg-but-falls-back-in.gif

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
That was like a completely different team tonight. That was the way they played earlier in the season, before the injuries piled up. And all it took was a b2b against a better team.

Rittich was good again.

Was it just my imagination, or did Pionk have a good game?

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I give you credit for having faith. I really am waiting for the sky to fall. I had post traumatic Maurice Disorder so cut me some slack. Bones is making me a reluctant believer but I will temper my excitement knowing there is still half a season to go before the real season begins!
You just have to watch them play when they are playing their system. They are talented, are big and have team speed. If you can rewatch tonight as a neutral observer and I’ll guarantee you will see the Jets are a true contender.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Considering we've beat Colorado, Dallas, Tampa, Carolina and other great teams, you have to start believing this team can win the Stanley Cup under Bowness. I think we can beat any team in the NHL now.
The Jets can beat any team but when you can beat two teams on ice at once you know you have a Stanley Cup contender.
Considering how many times the Jets have been shorthanded in the 3rd period lately ... Do you know the last time the Jets gave up a 3rd period PP goal?
It was 14 games ago when they were winning 5-0 vs Canucks ... remember the Scott Oake jinx.
Anyone who is still on the fence with this team needs to be pushed off and onto the wagon.
This is what it looks like when you have team chemistry

Last edited:

AnonoJet

Jul 22, 2013
According to the post game show, the Jets have only won 5 times in Pittsburgh, in the last 33 times they played there. Great all around game by the Jets tonight, and nice to see the Scheifele line come to life, and Perfetti play well also.

I really want/need to see the Jets stomp the frikken Wild who have owned us so far. Who could end up being our first round opponent.

I have missed a fair number games so far, but of the ones I have seen, this is easily one of, if not the best game I have seen them play. Very impressive, especially with it being B2B, and 3 in 4.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Had to miss the game tonight. Sounds like I missed out! Very happy to hear that they have found their game again after a couple of down games. It’s really odd how this team has turned around so drastically with no real significant changes to the roster.

There is no reason that they can’t be a contender this year.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Well that was fun. Looks like the team got back to its structure tonight and hammered the Pens. This team is so fun and skilled when dialed in. I'm amazed sometimes at the caliber of talent that Chevy has been able to draft/assemble. He's only had one top 3 pick to work with as well. This team can do some damage.

Big Save Dave wasn't all that busy but made the saves when he had to.

JoMo and DeMelo were great. Morrissey with a strong two way game. DeMelo with some nice passes and was back to being steady in his end.

Pionk/Dillion: Both tidied up their game in a big way and as such had a nice all around outing.

Schmidt/Snerg: They also had a good all around game. Snerg has really settled in the last 5 of so games and playing like a person who has made it.

Scheifele line was on fire tonight. They took care of their end, was smart through the nz and cycled the crap out of the Pens. Cole clearly feeling off but he had a great night. What impresses me is just how good he is at shielding the puck, spinning off players and being a key component in an elite cycle game. Mark with an excellent two-way game and got some nice and well deserved goals. Wheeler looked a lot more like he did prior to the injury.

Dubois line: They also had a good night, generated a lot of chances but only got one goal. One thing I'd say is they are a bit more high event then the other three lines. They tend to get hemmed a bit in their end so it's something to work on.

Lowry line: A typical physical effort from that line and suppressed whoever they were against tonight.

Fourth line with a real nice game.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Yeah no I'm not trying to bash the kid, I'm just saying I didn't think he looked as good as the game score suggests. Like I said I probably just put a bit too much focus on a few bobbles and maybe missed a few good plays while doing something else. Great for him!

Game score is highly derived off of point totals and he had 3 so that automatically gives him a high score. Add to that his line crushed their matchup with an 80 XGF and there is the result. I thought he played a strong game. He's been better foresure but hasn't always been rewarded for it. Given how sick he was I'll gladly take that performance.

Upperdeckjet

Dec 14, 2011
That was like a completely different team tonight. That was the way they played earlier in the season, before the injuries piled up. And all it took was a b2b against a better team.

Rittich was good again.

Was it just my imagination, or did Pionk have a good game?
I also thought Pionk battled hard last night. Good to see!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad