Florida Panthers defeat the Edmonton Oilers 4-3, and are your 2024 Stanley Cup Champions!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
Cup stays in America. This is out house
1719288890783.gif

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
The odd part is their bottom six had a great series
Absolutely. They outplayed the top 6 id say for most of the series and had their legs and game going today as well . He should have played them more there in the 3rd and Mcdavid would have had more energy to try to tie the game there at the end .

They have only 10 million in cap space and many notable free agents . I truly think this was their best chance to win the cup .

Henrique , Janmark , Brown , Foegele players who are important for their penalty kill and bring some much needed depth to their lineup are UFA’s. Not sure what theyre going to do .

Zalos

Berktwad
Feb 2, 2009
Quebec

He only needs one more to complete the set.

I think at this point there is a 80% chance the team he is on after the trade deadline next year makes it to the Finals. Mark my words!

Ya i know thats absurd ! Knoblauch screwed it up there in the 3rd but hes a great coach. He took a team that everyone says has a terrible goalie and supposedly suck at defense and turned them into one of the best defensive played teams i have ever seen since 2012 LA kings and had the best PK that not one team ever figured out throughout the series and entirety of the post season .
I wonder if their PK will be this good next year.

Also, I can't wait to find out what was Draisaitl's injury. The guy really needs to stay healthy for ONE playoffs run.

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
What a game. What a series. Congrats to Florida fans. Sorry to Oiler fans.

McDavid will be back and hopefully next time the German won't be a corpse. He was clearly hurt.

Best finals in a while

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
He only needs one more to complete the set.

I think at this point there is a 80% chance the team he is on after the trade deadline next year makes it to the Finals. Mark my words!

I wonder if their PK will be this good next year.
Henrique , Janmark , Brown , Foegele players who are important for their penalty kill and bring some much needed depth to their lineup are UFA’s. Broberg and Holloway need new contracts . And few others but i mentioned the above 4 because theyre integral in their amazing PK that allowed Mcdavid to not kill any penalties and be fresh for 5 on 5 . Not sure what theyre going to do nor if their penalty kill will be as good as it was . They were near perfect tbh this post season

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
I feel the same as a fellow rival.

Oilers earned alot of respect fighting back all year. Early in the year I didn't think they'd make the playoffs, I certainly didn't think they'd extend the series past 5 games at 0-3. The way they elevated their defensive game/PK in the playoffs was very impressive.

Nothing to be ashamed of, but yes thank god FLA pulled it out.

They finally found a coach that knows what he's doing and that worries me definitely. The Oiler team defense and especially their PK in these playoffs was quite good.

Getting this result is a big step but it's also in year 9 of McDavid, with competent management they would have already been here once or twice. Quite possibly there's only a year or two left with a generational talent.

Kiekura

Oct 6, 2013
I did not believe. I did not believe at all that Florida could turn this, but they f***ing did it!

Thank you. So happy

Reactions: Hank Plank

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
Not what Oiler fans want to hear but they should be proud of their team this season. Went against so much adversity and doubt (from myself included)

Panthers fans - Congratulations ! I was cheering Paul Maurice on and super happy to see him win it. His on ice interview post game is one of the greatest cup winning interviews by a coach ever

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad