Florida Panthers defeat the Edmonton Oilers 4-3, and are your 2024 Stanley Cup Champions!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Pablo El Perro

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
With 32 teams, the league is too competitive now and you have to have a lot of bounces and luck going your way. Oilers won't have the same roster next year, it won't be near as deep.
You could say that about last year's Cats. Building a team around McDavid shouldn't be too hard. Again, great series

Reactions: Sergei Shirokov

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Congratulations to the Florida Panthers and their fans. Tallon laid some quality foundation and Zito really put the finishing touches on a great team. Quality throughout the lineup.

As much as I'd like to shit on the Oilers here can't really do it. They earned some respect in these playoffs. As a Flames fan thank f***ing god they didn't win.

Kamus

Oct 21, 2005
Weird time to be battling other fan bases. Should be Irish wake with other Oiler fans right now.
Why? I celebrate more times with my kids then all Vancouver and Calgary fans combined…

ShootIt

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 8, 2008
Edmonton winning would really be no different than Florida winning, people saying otherwise are delusional.

| had a public meeting before game 3 in Broward. Most of the board were talking about the Panthers nonstop and wanted a quick meeting so everyone could get home for puck drop.

I don't get this delusion that sunbelt cities don't care.

I think the worst thing about Florida winning is like. If Edmonton won it would have meant everything to the city. Florida winning is just another Monday in Sunrise.

That’s my least favorite thing in hockey is how good these sunbelt teams are and how little their cities seem to care.

Aw, must be so painful to be such a bitter Original 6er. :laugh:

So what do they need to do to show "how much their city cares," loot and burn the town to the ground? And man, get some help for your tired and worn-out cliches. Hockey is doing quite well here in the Sunshine State and will only continue to do so.

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
| had a public meeting before game 3 in Broward. Most of the board were talking about the Panthers nonstop and wanted a quick meeting so everyone could get home for puck drop.

I don't get this delusion that sunbelt cities don't care.
Sour grapes that hockey is flourishing in non traditional markets. Truth be told hockey is far more an American sport than it is a Canadian sport now.

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
He played about half the third.
Ya i know thats absurd ! Knoblauch screwed it up there in the 3rd but hes a great coach. He took a team that everyone says has a terrible goalie and supposedly suck at defense and turned them into one of the best defensive played teams i have ever seen since 2012 LA kings and had the best PK that not one team ever figured out throughout the series and entirety of the post season .

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
I’m not saying they are less deserving.
I just wish the cities cared more about these amazing teams and this amazing sport.
That’s all I meant.

You're not necessarily wrong in your statement, but we'd still be at the original 6 teams with that being the prevailing mindset. Teams have to grow from somewhere, they've come a long ways in a few years growing a fanbase.

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

Pablo El Perro

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
Ya i know thats absurd ! Knoblauch screwed it up there in the 3rd but hes a great coach. He took a team that everyone says has a terrible goalie and supposedly suck at defense and turned them into one of the best defensive played teams i have ever seen since 2012 LA kings and had the best PK that not one team ever figured out throughout the series and entirety of the post season .
The odd part is their bottom six had a great series

Reactions: Kingsfan1

Zalos

Berktwad
Feb 2, 2009
Quebec
Congrats to the Panthers and all their fans. I gotta say I am happy to see guys like Maurice, Luongo, Bobrovsky, Okposo, Bennett, and get the win either in management or at the latter stages of their careers.

The game was close and extremely entertaining. Even my son who does not have the greatest attention span, was glued to the game. Lots of back and forth and I was certain at moments the Oilers were going to tie it. But that's hockey and it was a heck of a great series, memorable for years to come, and hopefully have brought in new fans to our wonderful game.
Yes, overall this was a great series. We can expect both teams to be competitive in the years to come, so maybe a rematch is bound to happen eventually.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Cup stays in America. This is out house

• Haha
Reactions: Osprey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad