Florida Panthers defeat the Edmonton Oilers 4-3, and are your 2024 Stanley Cup Champions!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Oh jesus it's not that serious lol. We are fans of rival teams and cheer when the other team loses.

I feel like most people just don't care when their rival plays someone else. That level of investment in cheering for someone else to lose sounds exhausting.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
There is nothing for the Oilers to hold their heads up high or be proud about here. This was the worst result that could happen for that team. They were lucky to even get to this opportunity but blew their chance to win with this extremely flawed group of players. They won't be back next year as I doubt they'll make many changes as they'll be tricked in to a false sense that this group can take that next step.

They're a playoff team who will make the first round, perhaps even the second, due to McDavid. Nothing more.

With 32 teams, the league is too competitive now and you have to have a lot of bounces and luck going your way. Oilers won't have the same roster next year, it won't be near as deep.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
With 32 teams, the league is too competitive now and you have to have a lot of bounces and luck going your way. Oilers won't have the same roster next year, it won't be near as deep.
The Oilers will have enough cap space to bring back the same roster and add to it. Cap crunch doesn't set in until '25-'26.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
I think the worst thing about Florida winning is like. If Edmonton won it would have meant everything to the city. Florida winning is just another Monday in Sunrise.

That’s my least favorite thing in hockey is how good these sunbelt teams are and how little their cities seem to care.

STFU! The city and its fans care plenty. I could give2 shits what the city of Edmonton would be like if they won. I hope for this thinking alone that the Cup stays in “less-deserving” cities.

LuGBuG

Quack Quack
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2006
Ducks
Happy Florida won, hate Edmonton.

I like McDavid saying f*** that award. He will be a force again next year. Top 3 forward all time.

Reactions: Sergei Shirokov

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
STFU! The city and its fans care plenty. I could give2 shits what the city of Edmonton would be like if they won. I hope for this thinking alone that the Cup stays in “less-deserving” cities.
Edmonton winning would really be no different than Florida winning, people saying otherwise are delusional. Downplaying Florida as a hockey market is just a bitter take

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I’m not saying they are less deserving.
I just wish the cities cared more about these amazing teams and this amazing sport.
That’s all I meant.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Now ask yourself, why is that? You're so close to a big self-realization here after all these years.
I don't personally concern myself with the opinions of hockey's 4chan.

I have no use for the personal-trophy compiler (not that he has the decency to even accept it, apparently).
Yup, he's super selfish, that's why he hogged everything to himself this year. what a bum.

thegazelle

Nov 11, 2019
Congrats to the Panthers and all their fans. I gotta say I am happy to see guys like Maurice, Luongo, Bobrovsky, Okposo, Bennett, and get the win either in management or at the latter stages of their careers.

The game was close and extremely entertaining. Even my son who does not have the greatest attention span, was glued to the game. Lots of back and forth and I was certain at moments the Oilers were going to tie it. But that's hockey and it was a heck of a great series, memorable for years to come, and hopefully have brought in new fans to our wonderful game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad