Florida Panthers defeat the Edmonton Oilers 4-3, and are your 2024 Stanley Cup Champions!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Paradise Circus

May 27, 2010
YVR
I feel like most people just don't care when their rival plays someone else. That level of investment in cheering for someone else to lose sounds exhausting.
It’s really not 🤣 especially for ppl posting on a Hockey fan board

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
You're not necessarily wrong in your statement, but we'd still be at the original 6 teams with that being the prevailing mindset. Teams have to grow from somewhere, they've come a long ways in a few years growing a fanbase.
I’m not saying the sport shouldn’t expand. I just wish the cities would care more. It’s an amazing sport and Florida is an amazing team, they do seem to have a good fanbase but they deserve a bigger one. I’d never say they should move, just I wish more people locally cheered them on too.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Absolute insanity there are Oilers fans blaming Skinner.

He played out of his mind for 3 games in a row, and only let in 2 goals this game, and the team with McDavid, Drai, and Hyman could only get one of the board? You blame him? LOL. Wild.
You'd be surprised what takes Skinner inspires. Didn't love the second goal but tough to win when you take 2/3 of the game off.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
As much as I'd like to shit on the Oilers here can't really do it. They earned some respect in these playoffs. As a Flames fan thank f***ing god they didn't win.

I feel the same as a fellow rival.

Oilers earned alot of respect fighting back all year. Early in the year I didn't think they'd make the playoffs, I certainly didn't think they'd extend the series past 5 games at 0-3. The way they elevated their defensive game/PK in the playoffs was very impressive.

Nothing to be ashamed of, but yes thank god FLA pulled it out.

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
Absolute insanity there are Oilers fans blaming Skinner.

He played out of his mind for 3 games in a row, and only let in 2 goals this game, and the team with McDavid, Drai, and Hyman could only get one of the board? You blame him? LOL. Wild.
Skinner was absolutely not the problem in this series. He played far better than I think anyone expected him to this whole run,

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
The pressure on Florida and Maurice must have been crazy. Blowing a 3-0 lead and staring history in the face.
You have to give them credit for pulling it together and coming out and playing just a great overall game after getting blown out the last few games.
It’s what makes sports so great. You can never predict what will happen.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
1719288760160.png

• Love
Reactions: statswatcher

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
The pressure on Florida and Maurice must have been crazy. Blowing a 3-0 lead and staring history in the face.
You have to give them credit for pulling it together and coming out and playing just a great overall game after getting blown out the last few games.
It’s what makes sports so great. You can never predict what will happen.
They had 3 failed attempts at winning the series. They were experts by the time game 7 rolled around. Oilers never stood a chance

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad