Rumor: Flames offer for Eichel: Tkachuk, 1st round pick, former 1st, and 2 prospects

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
This f*ing Eichel trade is never going to happen… until it does; there’s plenty of things to keep busy with till then.

Thank god I’m not a fan of this mix but have to look in from time to time.

Reactions: Iggys Dome

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
Not really.

A healthy Eichel would be worth way more than that.

An injured Eichel depending on what you can get for Tkachuk and what the prospects are might not be worth that much. But that would probably depend on the medical opinion of your doctors. If they think disk replacement is no big deal and that he will be back to his old self next year at the latest, it is certainly a gamble you could justify.
Especially if you don't want to pay Tkachuk...

It depends who Weeksy was referring to with his BS tweet. A package of say Tkachuk+15/20th OA pick, Valimaki, Pelletier and Zary? For a guy with a broken neck who may or may not play like he used to? That's a huge overpayment. Now, Weeksy did not state anything about compensation which seems to be a given if and when Eichel is traded.

Reactions: DarksideGhost

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
It depends who Weeksy was referring to with his BS tweet. A package of say Tkachuk+15/20th OA pick, Valimaki, Pelletier and Zary? For a guy with a broken neck who may or may not play like he used to? That's a huge overpayment. Now, Weeksy did not state anything about compensation which seems to be a given if and when Eichel is traded.
Jack has a herniated disc; it’s not a “broken neck”.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I don't see how this is an absurd offer when you compare it to the Vegas one.

Tkachuk > Tuch but you need to factor in contracts.
1st = 1st
Krebs >> Valimaki if he is the former 1st
So the top pieces are fairly even maybe slightly favor Vegas if you're higher and Krebs and not sure Tkachuk is worth what he'll want on his next deal. So from there it just depends on the prospects Calgary and Vegas are willing to part with.

BurnabyJoe7

Not an Avalanche fan
Apr 12, 2019
CGY: Eichel
TOR: Tkachuk
BUF: Marner

CGY gets rid of a player that probably won’t re-sign long-term and land the best player in the deal

TOR gets rid of a playoff dud and has the opportunity to sign Tkachuk to a slightly cheaper deal than Marner. Battle of Ontario would be extra spicy.

BUF gets rid of their unhappy star and lands a healthy star with term.

Obviously pieces can be added to even out the trade but this is my dream scenario and I don’t care who gets screwed over I just want to see the biggest trade of all time.
That's actually a pretty good base. Calgary would have to send some picks to Buffalo to even it out but not bad at all.

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
The Sabres doctor is one of the leading DRs in the ADR field and he is against it, mostly because of the possibility of paralysis. Sounds like the Sabres are the ones betting against him having a good result.
Well the Sabres doctor isn't in favor of the procedure and the Sabres have sided with him. That's what we know. We have zero understanding of what the insurance company is saying in this matter. We've also heard the "paralysis" talk, but really how likely is that? Let's say .5% chance. Maybe that's way too high for Dr. Cappuccino (the Sabres Doctor), but acceptable for the Dr who preformed Chris Weidman's ADR surgery. Saying something is a possibility really doesn't tell you much. It's a possibility I get hit by a bus as I step off the curb tomorrow. Doesn't mean it's likely to happen. Right now the Sabres are moving Eichel because the relationship is beyond repair and me and many other Sabres fans really question how much of that has been building up long before this neck injury

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
Your offer was two prospects and a first round pick. I could argue it's even less because offloading Lucic and Monahan would likely cost more than a pick but I equated them. That's not getting you Eichel.

No, my offer was 3 prospects, and a 2022 1st

All 3 prospects were recent 1st rd picks

And given their current cap situation, Monahan and Lucic are inconsequential to Buffalo... the Sabres know very well that if they're going to move Eichel's 10 million cap hit, they may have to take back an undesirable contract or two

iginlafan77

Dec 5, 2014
Weekes is the guy who said Kaprizov was signing in the KHL. He just blurts out stuff.
I mean that could be something that he was told, by someone in Kaprizovs camp using it to negotiate. And this could also be an intentional leak to him, maybe from Buffalo

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
With that rumored package from the Flames, something tells me an additional asset is headed their was to serve as insurance should the pez dispenser never regain form

Stuzchuk

Mar 25, 2009
Eastern Canada
hard to believe... I'm not reading this entire bullshit but...
... M. Tkachuk, Vilimaki, 2022/2023-1st, J. Pelletier, M. Coronato....

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
You know what I meant; in any case his comeback is a huge question mark.
No, I didn’t know what you meant. Yes, Jack’s level of play after surgery is a question mark. That’s why any trade will have conditional picks. Heck, the Sabres might send a conditional pick to the other team.

justin323032

Oct 12, 2018
Jack has a herniated disc; it’s not a “broken neck”.

It's surprising to me that his neck injury is apparently not being considered as serious as it should? Cervical herniation can affect nearly every muscle in his arm and more specifically his hand grasp and wrist rotation. He could be a completely different player with further impairment. But they're banking on him being remaining elite.

Bond

May 10, 2012

CGY gets rid of a player that probably won’t re-sign long-term and land the best player in the deal

TOR gets rid of a playoff dud and has the opportunity to sign Tkachuk to a slightly cheaper deal than Marner. Battle of Ontario would be extra spicy.

Obviously pieces can be added to even out the trade but this is my dream scenario and I don’t care who gets screwed over I just want to see the biggest trade of all time.
I actually like that framework

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
This would cut into Friedman's monopoly on BS rumors and clicks that goes through long-running repeated cycle of making a claim, then backing it off, making another claim, backing that off... rinse and repeat.

Bond

May 10, 2012
This would cut into Friedman's monopoly on BS rumors and clicks that goes through long-running repeated cycle of making a claim, then backing it off, making another claim, backing that off... rinse and repeat.
Yeah, we need an actual Bob level insider

thethirdhockeyman91

Jun 22, 2018

holy shit that's genius.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad